Subex Limited

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Please be well prepared with whatever is listed on resume

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Subex Limited in October 2014.

I got the direct Face to face interview call from Subex Limited.
    There was total 3 technical rounds followed by HR round. The first round was taken by Test Lead.
    The interview was good , do brush up before going for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1.Brush up Manual Testing questions like Bug Life cycle,Test Strategy, Tractability Matrix,SDLC (Agile,V-model).
      2. SQL : Difference between DBMS & RDBMS , Write a query for Max Salary of an Employee from Emp Table.
      3. Unix Commands: How will you make Directory, inside that directory make another Directory with some contents in it.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Subex Limited in November 2013.

For C++ developer role:
    Written test- Linked list program
    Technical Interview - basic c++ questions- operator overloading programs, oracle, unix ..
    Managerial/Technical round - explain about your project, in and out flow. Asked to write some string processing programs
    HR - Tell me about yourself.. etc. They bargain like roadside vendors, be prepared for this. They try to persuade you by explaining about various benefits you will be getting once you join. They don't even offer 2 lakhs hike from your current ctc.

Interview Questions

Its a product based company, but very bad payer. Offered very less package and took very long time to decide it. I was the only one who cleared all rounds among many, but still they couldn't accept the ctc I asked(2lakhs hike from my current ctc). So if you are looking for decent hike, its waste of time attending subex interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Subex Limited in September 2013.

1 written 2 technical rounds, one managerial round and HR Round

Interview Questions
    HR was not ready to offer my expected salary , finally we both settled for an acceptable amount for both

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subex Limited in July 2013.

There was a walk-in drive conducted at Subex Limited, RMZ Ecoworld on July 10th, 2013. The Process involved the following:

1.) Written Test

questions given: 2
    to be attempted:1

Questions Asked:

Question 1:

Take the input from a file and write the transpose back into it. For example:

If the file consisted

"abc"
    "def"
    "xyz"

you need to write a program which writes the transpose i.e.

"adx"
    "bey"
    "cfz"

into the file.

OR

Ouestion 2:

Write a Program to demonstrate the producer-consumer problem in Java.

I attempted Question 2 and cleared the written test.

Technical Interview:

I was asked questions on:

1.) Multithreading (Yield, Sleep, Wait)
    2.) finalize()
    7.) Exception types
    8.) ClassNotFound exception, ClassNotDef error
    9.) New features added Java 6 onwards
    10.) ORM, Writing HQl for some given tables
    11.) writing ER diagram for zomato.com, JustEat.in ...
    12.) JDBC - Class.Forname
    13.) Explain the program written by you in written test, how will you solve that problem of deadlock
    14.) UNIX - How to find a file?
    15.) Comparable and Comparator

My interviewer was a Senior Systems Analyst. She was not a very knowledgeable person. My interview was good. I answered 85 % of the questions very accurately.

Was called by HR the next day regarding compensation.
    SHe asked me my current CTC and Expected CTC.....

She told me only if i confirm her offered CTC, she will proceed to Managerial round.

She offered me just 90K more than my current CTC. I am 3 years experienced. I declined that cheap offer. there were no other benefits.

And moreover, if you talk to SUBEX employees, they will tell you the irony faced by them... They dont get hikes at all.

SUBEX gives hike to their employees once in 2 years.. and that too 3-5 %.

I would rate the company and its HR management - the worst in the world.

In short:

She offered me 5.3(~5.4LPA) for a 3 years experienced person. I hope you can understand the level of SUBEX.

All The Best.

Interview Questions

Was offered very low CTC. 5.4 LPA for a 3 years experienced person. They gave me just 90K extra from my current CTC. No variable pay. everything fix. No other benefits.

Senior Engineer-Testing and Configuration Interview

good process, Not so tough .. first round testing techniques ..second was managerial round more of like generic testing personel skilld

Senior Engineer - Testing & Configuration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Subex Limited.

The hiring and interviewing process for subex was one of the longest and detailed. Actually such a detailed interview was one of the reasons for me to take up the offer. I was first interviewed over telephone to check my fitment to the current opening.

Post that I was called to their premises and 3 technical interviews were taken. The first was totally on what i did in my earlier company. The second interview was totally on networking and unix. The final interview was by senior management and were based totally on case studies and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • what is the command to fix the permission of newly created files in a unix directory to 555?

I got the answer confused with chmod. but chmod is used to change the permission of already created files it does not have effect on files which will be created in future.

Answer Question
    no negotiation. They agreed to what i asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subex Limited.

they asked to write one of the programs given
    1) get a string from the console and write code to find all the permutations of it.(atleast 4 letter word)eg: abc acb bca bac cab cba
    2)a linked list is given write code to find the middle value in a single pass

Software Engineer Trainee(Intern) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subex Limited in January 2013.

first round is written where they will give basic Java program related to string ,Array related or some time Aptitude question will be there. Second Round:-GD there they will just check communication, Third round is Technical interview there they ask core Java and then final technical there they asked Oops concept,and after that HR that is formality that's all.

Project Leader Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subex Limited.

First round was telephonic discussion with a project manager who was working for 4 years at Subex. He explained in detail about the role and organization. It was mostly a technical discussion - Java/Oracle and OO design. Next round was in person interview, met a senior project manager. This was again a technical discussion with customer orientation and looked like he asked some live problems. Next was a F2F with engineering head and later HR interview. Overall, it was OK and I would rate it as good and medium complexity.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to design a framework for event processing (large volume of data) in a distributed environment.   Answer Question

I had couple of other offers in hand to choose from. Finally decided to join Alcatel Lucent.