Suburban Collection

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.6

Lube Tech, Detail Used Car Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Suburban Collection.

I was contacted by Garrey Jones ,service manager for the interview ,
    he sat down with me we went over the jobs that were related to the job that was being post.
    And later called me the same day and ask me when could i start ,

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult Question was bye me being black would i be able to work around a bunch of
      white auto technician ,

View Answer
    It was negotiated on my talent that i had with automotive

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Suburban Collection.

Briefly spoke with the HR Mgr/recruiter. We reviewed my resume and the minimum qualifications. She emailed me a link to take an online test. A few days later she called me and scheduled an interview with the Sales Manager. Interviewed with him and another manager (which I didn't know about in advance)

Interview Questions
    There wasn't one. I either accepted or declined.

Sales Representative Interview

Very poorly done. Be prepared to answer questions about your family and more private things. Run, don't walk away from this interview. There are better dealerships to work for out there. Or different industries. You do not want to work here. The EEOC needs to investigate this place. I do not know how they have stayed in business as long as they have

Interview Questions
    • let me talk to your buddies to see if I should hire you   Answer Question

Sale & Leasing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Suburban Collection in January 2010.

Process lasts one day and includes a personality test. With the test, they are looking for a strong personality that isn't afraid to approach or influence people. An obvious requirement to sell cars.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, commission sales...everyone is paid based on performance.

Lube Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Suburban Collection in November 2009.

Got the interview over the phone

Interview Questions
    • Always the Question on the up &up no bull.   View Answer
    Personal ,

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Suburban Collection in July 2011.

I saw an ad on careerbuilder.com. Although I was new to the automotive field, I did have substantial experience with technical sales. I was able to secure an interview quickly; within the next two days. I walked away quite impressed after that initial meeting with the sales manager. She was professional, personable, experienced in the industry, and just had that intangible factor which makes one certain of a harmonious professional working relationship between manager/employee. I really liked management, and the sales training was very good. I was given the resources to do a great job here.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you excel at this position seeing as you have not sold vehicles before?   Answer Question
    the offer was pretty straightforward. standard for all