Subway

Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Everett, WA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Subway in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring was very simple. They only asked me if I was available any shifts and if I was Willing to work alone. And also what experience did I have supervising.

Interview Question – Would you give free food to a homeless person?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Subway Sandwich Artist
Fontana, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details – Subway held open interviews at certain locations in which any one is welcomed to apply. First make sure that you have your printed subway application in hand, filled out, and ready to go. Always dress to impress, this applies to any job. You will be interviewed by either a store manager or the franchise owners themselves. i for one was interviewed by the owners. They were intimidating, but having confidence is key since you will need to be confident in fulfilling the customers orders and confronting them with every detail in their personalized sandwich. Not much advice can be given, the pay is at minimum and there are no benefits or discounts, they start you off with part time hours so you can slowly adjust to the environment and work. You do need to take some courses. Occasionally you can be sent to different locations as needed if the owners have more than one franchise.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult they were straight forward and very simple. Have knowledge of what you wrote on your resume as they will question you on those items.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management

Interviewed at Subway

Interview Details – promoted from within. Was approached by upper management and asked if I would be interested in a promotion. I trained as assistant manager for a few weeks and then went to their management training classes. After completion of the classes you move on to a manager training store where you work for up to 8 weeks.

Interview Question – No questions as it is all about politics!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me two days later. I went to the interview and she asked me a few questions about where I used to work and if I ever worked in food service. She asked what I would do if a customer started yelling, and complaining about their sandwich, then talked about what kind of hours I could work.

Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in January 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very fast and easy. Applied online and got a call for an interview within a week. The manager was very friendly. Overall it was a good experience for a first job

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Newport Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway in March 2012.

Interview Details – Seemed very stale and scripted. It didn't seem that they really had a lot of interviewing experience and were looking for anyone who had experience. I assumed this meant that they didn't want to train anyone. They were most interested in my availability and when I could start. While I was there they made me wait as the DM kept helping customers.

Interview Question – They asked me to smile and say welcome to subway, didn't anticipate the audition aspect of this.

They had a list of questions and read directly from the paper.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was very disappointing and not far above minimum wage

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very easy. I was called in for an interview the day after I applied. I was asked very basic questions about myself and my work experience including "What would former employers say about you?" and "What are your goals in life?"

Interview Question – Not applicable. The questions were very easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was offered a rate based on experience.

Sandwich Artist

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – It was simple and straight forward. This was my first job and was a great one to start while still in high school. There were only a few questions asked and the responsibilities were explained.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – I applied online but still send a cover letter to the store, and got a phony call the next day asking to be interviewed. I said yes. The manager was very nice and welcoming. The interview was easy and asked general questions, but it felt like they really wanted to know about the real you. Interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Raleigh, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Subway in April 2014.

Interview Details – I called to follow up an online application and the lady asked me to come in the next day. I did and the restaurant was busy so she asked me to sit until it wasn't. When she was finished with the customers, she came and sat down and start explaining what I would have to do, how much I would have to make, and asked me if I was ready. I was. And I started training the next week!

Interview Question – Are you sure you're ready to work?   Answer Question

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!