Subway Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Subway.

Interview

Filled out an online application then got an interview. Dressed nice to make a good first impression and then went into the store for the interview, it was a face to face interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Subway (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was an open interview, with 4 of us. They had us answer some interview questions on a piece of paper. You do not want to be shy. You will be talking will people all day. Speak up, shake hands firmly, and show manners. Dress business casual, smile, make eye contact, and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself with our company in a year?   1 Answer
    • What are your 3 best qualities?   1 Answer

Sandwhich Artist Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Subway.

Interview

I called up to subway to see if they could pull my application. He said he would call me back and called me back five minutes later. He gave me a quick interview over the phone and said he would like to meet me. He then told me to come in later that day. I arrived and he brought into the back to his office. He interviewed me and told he would call me back in a week. I have not got a call back yet.

Subway Sandwhich Artist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Subway in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and checked off 5 places to apply to. After about a month, one of the hiring Subway locations called me and asked if I could do an interview that same day, so I agreed. The interview was scheduled at 4:45 but I showed up at 5:20 because I could absolutely not find the place, but I called before hand to let them know. The manager was very understanding and kind. As soon as I got there, I made a joke. I said "Alright, ask me about my strengths and weaknesses already because my weakness is directions!" and she laughed and all was well. She then proceeded to ask me about 10-15 questions about myself, which I answered. Just be kind and lighthearted because they want someone who they could see themselves working with. At the end of the interview, she said she would call me and let me know whether I got the job because she had interviewed a lot of other people that day. Before this, I had no real job experience but she called to offer me a job the next day!

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Do you see yourself as more of a leader or a supporter?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What do you want to get out of working for Subway?   1 Answer
    • How many days of school did I miss in the last school year? And why?   1 Answer
    • How do I deal with angry customers?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself   1 Answer
    • When was a time you went out on a limb for your team?   Answer Question
    • What type of workers do you not get along with?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever started something, and halfway though, realized you didn't want to do it, and quit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I haven't gone through the negotiation phase yet, however, coming from a place of no previous work experience, I'd gladly accept the $9.25/h minimum wage. If you would like to negotiate, let them know what financial place you're coming from and how a bit more money would help you out. :-) Good luck!!

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway (Corona, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very short. He asked very simple questions, nothing out of the ordinary. It took place casually in the restaurant's seats. I have yet to hear back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Do you have experience working with food?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lewisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Subway (Lewisburg, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview a week later. The interview was short but very pleasant and the interviewer seemed to be having fun. I wasn't offered the job because the manager was looking for someone who could work for more than a summer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway (Wilson, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was mostly to check on my personality because she liked how i was persistent in calling about my application told me about her i told her about me. We also engaged in personal experiences with customer service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Subway (Saddle Brook, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, it took them a few months to respond. It was casual, the owner was so nice. He didn't ask me any trick questions, as many employers do. He introduced himself to my mom, too, and told her what my job will be like. Training will be for three days. I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What made you want to volunteer so often?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't talk about pay yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Subway (Huntsville, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a nice and easy interview. It was more informal, and I did not have any questions asked besides one. I am a minor without a drivers licences which I had mentioned to the interviewer before. The interviewer seemed kinda desperate for employees. So if I were to do it again I would go to the store, and look around; then see how many people are there. Low amount of people= apply High amount= Try to find somewhere else. Here in Huntsville we have 6 of them so it might not be that easy. Thank you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway (Pensacola, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call two days later to come to an interview. Interview was face to face and the people who interviewed me were very nice and informative. Got a call later that day telling me I got the job and I would start in two days.