Subway Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Subway.

Asked if they were hiring and applied in person. Couple of days later I was called for an interview and they basically asked if I would be available to work nights and days. Asked if I was good or had experience making food for people and if I liked helping people.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway.

Told me to come at noon. Arrived 10 minutes early and had me waiting for 40 minutes just to tell me that the lady conducting the interview was busy and to come back in 2 hours. What a rude, unorganized company. Won't be eating here again either

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway.

I applied in-store for the open position and was interviewed on the spot, first by the manager and then the franchise owner. It was very informal; I tend to get anxious during interviews but I was very comfortable the entire time. I was mostly just told about the company and what they were looking for in an employee. I was asked to talk about myself, explain why I wanted to work there, if I was a self-starter, and how I would deal with a rude customer. I received a call a week later offering me the job. I was required to take a short course online first to receive my food handling certificate.

Did not negotiate.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I was called to an interview several days after I applied online. I answered their questions confidently but as I looked to the working area, I saw an overcrowded work environment. Wasn't sure if it was a meaningless interview or not.

Interview Questions
    • The hypothetical ones are most difficult to anticipate.   View Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Subway.

You write your name and number down on a piece of paper and they call you. They call you in to give you a schedule and forward you to website with all the tutorials so you can show up ready to work.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway.

The interview was very informal. They asked the usual questions. Went over your experience, asked about what you like to do. The questions aren't difficult. They asked things such as "We have some difficult customers, how will you respond", "How would you handle a customer complaint"

Interview Questions
    This is what you're paid and that's that.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Subway.

Hired on first interview. The General manager asked me a few questions and then told me the job was mine if I wanted it. After 3 months of working there I was moved up to shift manager and I ran shifts on my own for the next few years. I pursued the Assistant Management position and it was never offered.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Subway.

Spoke in person with management, got a one on one interview a week later. Was essential given the job after a short 15 minute interview. Very poor training was given over a two week period. Lack of expertise in training and no well defined methodologies in place.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I was called a few days after turning in my application and set up an interview for three days later. I was interviewed by the store manager and shift manager in the dining area of the store. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was called and hired within the week.

Sanwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Subway in August 2014.

I applied online, and the day after I got a phone call asking for an interview time. I went in for the interview and was offered the job contingent on a clear background check.
    Asked about my availability and told me that 6 people had quit the previous weekend.
    -How would you handle a difficult customer?
    -Are you a team player?
    Then he let me know that if minimum wage wasn't good enough, what I could do to get a higher wager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer? This question was difficult because the interviewer just talked about how he would, and then changed the subject to starting my training the next day without letting me answer.   Answer Question

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!