Subway Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.7

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

The Manager told me he doesn't hire people who smoke or people who have children. He asked me if I had children (which is against the law). He spent a lot of the interview bragging about how the store is the most popular in the city. I had to act impressed even though I was thinking "oh god this is sad."

Interview Questions

• Do you have a car? Do you have children.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

Quick quiz involving some math problems. Questions regarding past experience and how I would handle stressful situations. I received a call a few days later regarding my availability. Very flexible with requested hours and worked around my schedule as a student.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

I applied online & I got a call the next day to come in for an interview. When I got there, there were about 10 other people there. The manager just interviewed us & some of us got some papers to fill out, others didn't. I didn't because it wasn't the nearest location from where I was living. Overall it was an easy interview & they just ask basic interview questions. Don't sweat it!(:

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at Subway?   1 Answer

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shorewood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Shorewood, IL).

Interview

Got a call; went in; very soft ball questioning; over qualified & they weren't having it; be chill; be happy; be honest; love makin sandwiches; play dumb; play slow; play nice

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and easy. We just went over guidelines, asked me what my experiences are, why I wanted this job. Went through some math problems too

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Subway in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call for an interview with the Assistant Manager about two days later. I arrived for the interview 15 minutes earlier but actually met with the assistant manager earlier so I left at the time I was scheduled to come in anyway. Received another call the next day to come in for an interview with the owner. This time the interview took a lot longer, but it was very relaxed. He explained a lot of things to me about what they do at the store as well as what they were looking for in an employee. He emailed me three days later saying the position was filled up because they were looking for availability and I had given him a pretty much restricted availability.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Subway in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was okay, very casual, some monetary calculations (basic stuff) and a few questions about personal experience, the manager (who interviewed me) rated my answers on a scale of 1 to 5, and I achieved high scores for each of my answers. My availability was sketchy, which I assumed would be a problem, however, after 3 weeks I still haven't heard anything. I assumed I didn't get the job but very unprofessional how they did not tell me, even though the manager assured me I would be told within the next couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you overcome an obstacle and how you did it.   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Bloomfield Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual (inside the store at a booth), and Michelle, the woman who interviewed me, was very nice. She seemed very impressed by my availability. When I walked up to the counter, I asked one of the sandwich artists if they were hiring, and she leapt out of the back room shouting "YES WE ARE". The interview itself was not very structured, and flowed fairly easily.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asks for their sandwich extra toasted (and you do so), it ends up coming out a little blackened. The customer complains that it is too toasted. What do you do?   1 Answer

Junior Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broadview Heights, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Subway (Broadview Heights, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The manager was very laid back. She let me do most of the talking. She asked some questions, which led into a small discussion on my half. Overall, this was a very easy interview and no one should feel nervous when approaching the building.

Aub Artist Interview

Interview

Easy. It's like any other interview except easy. They didn't really ask hard questions at all. The person that interviewed me was easy going. He enjoyed what I had to say.