Subway Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

i applied online then got called in for an interview. Manager asked about my availability and if i was able to provide the uniform. didn't here from him for about a week then Got a call and hired a week later

Interview Questions
    • would you be able to move around stored   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Applied online and got a call from a store manager. Was asked to come in for an interview that week. Interview was just questions like availability and why I wanted to work there. Next step was basic math worksheet and after was scheduled to go to subway headquarters where I was interviewed again and asked questions like what were some hobbies of mine and why I should be hired after the interview was over I was immediately hired and was given paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for our company?   View Answer
    No need just answer their questions and smile

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

It took about a week i applied online the next day i got a call for an interview. I was interviewed by the district manager who asked a few questions about experience and how i feel about helping costumers who aren't always happy or have the best attitude he also asked about what i noticed about the way the employees were working while i was waiting to be interviewed. The next day he called to offer me a job i filled the paperwork and did some training in the computer and passed a few tests about the formulas and a couple of days i was working on the restaurant

Interview Questions
    • How much time do you need to learn the formulas   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online – interviewed at Subway in March 2015.

Applied online, I then received a call to come in for an interview. I spoke with the owner of about 4 local stores for about 39 mins. I was offered a job at the end of our conversation. We went thru the results of the online test scotes , I started working the next day.

Interview Questions
    • My availability and previous experiences were the top questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

They will ask you your experience. It you have the requested experience or can make it up or have a degree they will hire you. The interview is more of a formality to just see what you look or act like. There's no real questioning or process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway.

It was very quick and easy. The manager calls to set up an interview if they think you're a potential match for what they're looking for. The interview process doesn't last more than 45 minutes, and that's when you are offered the job and stay to fill out paperwork. It's probably closer to 10 or 15 if you're not hired on site. Just because you aren't offered the position immediately doesn't mean you're out; sometimes the manager just has more people to interview before making a final decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a conversation with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You start at the bottom and work your way up through the pay scale by completing Subway University courses online and completing timed tests for sandwich making.

Field Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway in February 2015.

Interviewed in mid February, went well, normal questions from the young lady who was the manager. She went over the same information filled out on the website link, nothing special. I talked to one of the other candidates in the lobby after and he had the same experience level, felt good like I did about the interview. first, I thought my qualifications we satisfactory (I did have a well trimmed beard tho), however, I took the time to talk to a franchise owner in the area, and he blatantly told me that they want to hire a woman and give up. So much for the most qualified. I soon saw another and another craigslist ad up for the position; seems that a woman hasn't applied yet. Don't waste your time if you aren't of their specific gender preference.

Interview Questions
    • All same as initial questionnaire filled out via link when applied   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Applied online, was called 10 days later or so. Interview was just about scheduling, driving, and school. Then application and explanation of the University of Subway. Most difficult question was knowing one of my references' phone numbers

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway.

First time I interviewed was because I got an application from a friend who worked there. I turned it in to the owner, who asked me about my available hours and I gave her my number. I followed up with a call a week later and got the job.

Second time I got the job was by applying through the Subway career website with all my info. Store owner called and asked me to come see him the next day. I went, talked to him a bit, went back the next day, filled out an application, and had a 15 minute interview with him and the manager. They both decided right afterward that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a customer if their choice is unavailable?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable, it'll be minimum wage or just a bit above it.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

I applied online and a few days later got a call. The interview was short. She asked me about school and my availability. Another time i interview at a different subway. Was told to come in on friday. No other instructions as to what to where or What time. Called multiple times but the manager never answer only other crew members.