Subway Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
354 interviews

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Subway.

You write your name and number down on a piece of paper and they call you. They call you in to give you a schedule and forward you to website with all the tutorials so you can show up ready to work.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway.

The interview was very informal. They asked the usual questions. Went over your experience, asked about what you like to do. The questions aren't difficult. They asked things such as "We have some difficult customers, how will you respond", "How would you handle a customer complaint"

Interview Questions
    This is what you're paid and that's that.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Subway.

Hired on first interview. The General manager asked me a few questions and then told me the job was mine if I wanted it. After 3 months of working there I was moved up to shift manager and I ran shifts on my own for the next few years. I pursued the Assistant Management position and it was never offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thornton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway in August 2013.

I was called for an interview during a certain time window. When I arrived I noticed there were others ready to be interviewed. This worried me because of the competition, but I was told they were sending people to multiple locations. The woman was very nice, but not so professional. They lost all the information for everyone being interviewed so she made everyone write stuff on paper. The questions were all pretty easy. She asked about my future goals and why I wanted to work there. She was impressed that I has a plan for my future and she loved that I complimented subway as a company.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Subway.

Spoke in person with management, got a one on one interview a week later. Was essential given the job after a short 15 minute interview. Very poor training was given over a two week period. Lack of expertise in training and no well defined methodologies in place.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in August 2013.

With the store I applied at, you are required to fill out an online application, including a personality test. After completing the application (once per 30 days), go in to see the manager. If you pass the personality test the manager will ask a few short questions involving availability and previous experience.

After that a full interview will be scheduled, takes about 1 hour. If you pass, you'll have to fill out a few more forms and submit to a background check. If everything comes back clean you should be notified within 2 weeks.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I was called a few days after turning in my application and set up an interview for three days later. I was interviewed by the store manager and shift manager in the dining area of the store. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was called and hired within the week.

Sanwich Artist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Subway in August 2014.

I applied online, and the day after I got a phone call asking for an interview time. I went in for the interview and was offered the job contingent on a clear background check.
    Asked about my availability and told me that 6 people had quit the previous weekend.
    -How would you handle a difficult customer?
    -Are you a team player?
    Then he let me know that if minimum wage wasn't good enough, what I could do to get a higher wager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer? This question was difficult because the interviewer just talked about how he would, and then changed the subject to starting my training the next day without letting me answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leander, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leander, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Subway in May 2014.

I submitted an application online, and heard back within a week. I was asked to come into the store for an interview. When I showed up, I had to wait a few minutes since there were customers. The questions were pretty basic, like "What is your biggest strength?" questions. Afterwards, the interviewer went in the back, and then came out with some forms and hired me on the spot.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway.

I took my application into the restaurant and received a call a day or two later. Came in for an interview and was asked to start right away. Nothing major.

Interview Questions
    • None. What activities are you involved in? How flexible are you (availabilty)?   View Answer

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!