Subway Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

1.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Subway (Delhi (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

Take interview first after join the job before calls invite interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Subway (Chicago, IL) in February 2009.

Interview

I was told that I would need to learn how to be a robot. I was ok with it. But, the manager required a urine analysis- and i failed.

Field Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Creek, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Subway (Mill Creek, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a small "homework" assignment to conduct a mock assessment of any location. In-house wonderlic testing. 2:1 panel interview followed by a final 3:1 panel interview. Informed that I was 1 of 2 candidates remaining, however did not receive an offer or rejection call for over 2 weeks. Emailed and no response, then called and was informed that a new batch of candidates had been chosen. Communication was quite unprofessional for a company this size.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you have marketed a product or service online?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Subway (Irving, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

confused one possible hire for another. wasn't going to give one person a chance even though she called him back thinking they were someone else

Interview Questions

• asking about personal life even though it's off job topic and using it as reason to fire said employee   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Collierville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Subway (Collierville, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was of basic questions like why you chose Subway? And how you would handle a situation during busy times.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there is a long line of people at lunch time and customers begin to leave because of the long wait?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fraser, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Subway (Fraser, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day. They basically called everyone who was 18 or older. They must not have really looked at the application much because it was clearly stated that I had no previous experience and that seemed to be a deal breaker during the interview. I waited 2+ hours for my turn just to be told I had no chance. They were very rude and didn't even ask me any of the questions they asked everyone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Effingham, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Subway (Effingham, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

There was an open interview session where you met with current Subway employees and they asked a variety of questions. Most of them were pretty basic. Selling the interviewer on excitement for Subway was key in my interview. Money handling skills will also be very helpful for the overall position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Subway (Madison, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

Quick. They asked a lot of average interview questions, and then showed me around the store and described what I would be doing on a daily basis, while at work. I was able to get a good understanding of the company values and the organizational culture (who I would be working with, etc.)

Interview Questions

• they asked about my work ethic   1 Answer

Negotiation

At first I was not able to negotiate, but after I had worked there a while, I was able to get just about any days off that I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway (Lowell, AR) in October 2013.

Interview

You go in the restaurant, have a seat with either the District Manager, or the store/restaurant General Manager. They proceed with a series of about 10-15 questions. (Availability; Salary Desired; Past experiences that will apply to the job; etc) You then get to ask them questions that u have.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been convicted of a crime?(felony*)   1 Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from a store manager. Was asked to come in for an interview that week. Interview was just questions like availability and why I wanted to work there. Next step was basic math worksheet and after was scheduled to go to subway headquarters where I was interviewed again and asked questions like what were some hobbies of mine and why I should be hired after the interview was over I was immediately hired and was given paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need just answer their questions and smile