Subway Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

1.7

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Subway (Saddle Brook, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, it took them a few months to respond. It was casual, the owner was so nice. He didn't ask me any trick questions, as many employers do. He introduced himself to my mom, too, and told her what my job will be like. Training will be for three days. I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What made you want to volunteer so often?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't talk about pay yet.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Meadows, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Subway (New Meadows, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy laid back just asked for my availability. The managers that interviewed me liked me from the start. They loved that I was ready to start working that day. Just show them how ready you are to work. And please do not show up to the interview in your pi's. (This has been done there so many times)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Subway (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a couple of days I got a call from the manager to come back the following week. The day I was supposed to come in I got interviewed right away. He asked questions that I found on this site so I was prepared to answer them. I did not have any previous job experience so I answered his questions based on my volunteering experience and school .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team environment. How do you deal with difficult customers? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway (Murrieta, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online then went into an open interview. I was asked basic questions like what does teamwork mean to you, how I'd fair in a fast-paced environment, and why I chose specifically chose the food industry to be a part of.The next day or two they called back and said I would interviewed again at another location the next day. When I went to the next interview, I arrived pretty early being there first along with a couple other girls. Soon enough though, there was atleast 20-30 people waiting to be interviewed. So we made a line outside and was called in when we were ready to be interviewed. Waited in for an hour and a half until it was my turn to be interviewed. I came in there were two different groups of two people interviewing. I handed in my resume and reference list and begun the interview. I was asked what I'd do if there was and angry customer but mostly focused my background. Having no prior job experience, I was asked if I had just graduated from high school and I said no, that I was currently in college. At this she asked me why I wanted to find a job now which kind of trapped me a bit and I stumbled on my answer. Then she asked "So this would just be a part time job for you?" implying that I was just going to leave soon after and that I didn't really take the job seriously. And I said no it would be a a fulltime job but then asked "But arn't you going back to school?" and I said yes but I take all online classes so I was basically free 5 days out of the week (which I was told later by my brother that I should have said that I was completely available) and my interview was kept short, so I knew they wouldn't call me back.

Interview Questions

• How well do you think you'd fit into a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saucon Valley, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway (Saucon Valley, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

First they have you meet with a shift manager / assistant manager for an interview lasting approximately 5 minutes where they just find out why you wanna work there, what kind of hours you can work, etc. Really basic, they do it at virtually every job. Then you meet with the manager / owner of the particular store, and he asks you more about your previous employment history, more in depth questions about your long-term availability and how long you want to stay there. Then, if you're me, you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you just looking for a summer job, or would you like to work here long-term?   1 Answer

Subway Sandwhich Artist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Subway in June 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online and checked off 5 places to apply to. After about a month, one of the hiring Subway locations called me and asked if I could do an interview that same day, so I agreed. The interview was scheduled at 4:45 but I showed up at 5:20 because I could absolutely not find the place, but I called before hand to let them know. The manager was very understanding and kind. As soon as I got there, I made a joke. I said "Alright, ask me about my strengths and weaknesses already because my weakness is directions!" and she laughed and all was well. She then proceeded to ask me about 10-15 questions about myself, which I answered. Just be kind and lighthearted because they want someone who they could see themselves working with. At the end of the interview, she said she would call me and let me know whether I got the job because she had interviewed a lot of other people that day. Before this, I had no real job experience but she called to offer me a job the next day!

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Do you see yourself as more of a leader or a supporter?   1 Answer
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What do you want to get out of working for Subway?   1 Answer
    • How many days of school did I miss in the last school year? And why?   1 Answer
    • How do I deal with angry customers?   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself   1 Answer
    • When was a time you went out on a limb for your team?   Answer Question
    • What type of workers do you not get along with?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever started something, and halfway though, realized you didn't want to do it, and quit?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I haven't gone through the negotiation phase yet, however, coming from a place of no previous work experience, I'd gladly accept the $9.25/h minimum wage. If you would like to negotiate, let them know what financial place you're coming from and how a bit more money would help you out. :-) Good luck!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway (Pensacola, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call two days later to come to an interview. Interview was face to face and the people who interviewed me were very nice and informative. Got a call later that day telling me I got the job and I would start in two days.

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway (Corona, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very short. He asked very simple questions, nothing out of the ordinary. It took place casually in the restaurant's seats. I have yet to hear back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Do you have experience working with food?   1 Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway in June 2015.

Interview

Easiest interview I've ever had. Very laid back, was just a casual conversation. I was able to connect with my interviewer very easily. After a 10 minute "interview" I was offered the job on the spot. I came in for in processing 3 days later and started 2 days after that.

Interview Questions

• What school do you go to? What grade are you in? Can you lift 10 pounds? Can you be on your feet all day? Will you keep this job during the school year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Subway (Huntsville, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a nice and easy interview. It was more informal, and I did not have any questions asked besides one. I am a minor without a drivers licences which I had mentioned to the interviewer before. The interviewer seemed kinda desperate for employees. So if I were to do it again I would go to the store, and look around; then see how many people are there. Low amount of people= apply High amount= Try to find somewhere else. Here in Huntsville we have 6 of them so it might not be that easy. Thank you!