Subway

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

1.7

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

Told me to come at noon. Arrived 10 minutes early and had me waiting for 40 minutes just to tell me that the lady conducting the interview was busy and to come back in 2 hours. What a rude, unorganized company. Won't be eating here again either

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

I applied in-store for the open position and was interviewed on the spot, first by the manager and then the franchise owner. It was very informal; I tend to get anxious during interviews but I was very comfortable the entire time. I was mostly just told about the company and what they were looking for in an employee. I was asked to talk about myself, explain why I wanted to work there, if I was a self-starter, and how I would deal with a rude customer. I received a call a week later offering me the job. I was required to take a short course online first to receive my food handling certificate.

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tigard, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Subway in September 2014.

Very casual lasted about 3-5 minutes; hired on spot. It was early in the morning and the store was nearly empty at the time so the interview was very laid back. Initially I was nervous given the fact that this was my first job interview, but she got a great impression of me. Subway is looking for someone who always has a smile on their face and takes customer service seriously- just make sure to be very polite and kind.

No negotiating

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hubert, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hubert, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway in September 2014.

I went in and filled out an application and got a call back not even a day or so later. I went in for the interview. They asked me basic interview questions and basically the whole time I smiled and was very bubbly. In the end, they told me they liked me and I had a really good chance. The manager gave me her number and told me to call around 11:30 (which was an hour or so away) and they'll have an answer after they interview the rest of the people. Around 11:30 she calls me back and tells me I got the job and that I can come in and fill out paperwork. I was told I didn't get the job because of the experience (which was really lacking) but because I was smiling the whole time.

No negotiation.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I was called to an interview several days after I applied online. I answered their questions confidently but as I looked to the working area, I saw an overcrowded work environment. Wasn't sure if it was a meaningless interview or not.

Interview Questions
    • The hypothetical ones are most difficult to anticipate.   View Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway.

You write your name and number down on a piece of paper and they call you. They call you in to give you a schedule and forward you to website with all the tutorials so you can show up ready to work.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway.

The interview was very informal. They asked the usual questions. Went over your experience, asked about what you like to do. The questions aren't difficult. They asked things such as "We have some difficult customers, how will you respond", "How would you handle a customer complaint"

Interview Questions
    This is what you're paid and that's that.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Hired on first interview. The General manager asked me a few questions and then told me the job was mine if I wanted it. After 3 months of working there I was moved up to shift manager and I ran shifts on my own for the next few years. I pursued the Assistant Management position and it was never offered.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway.

Spoke in person with management, got a one on one interview a week later. Was essential given the job after a short 15 minute interview. Very poor training was given over a two week period. Lack of expertise in training and no well defined methodologies in place.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I was called a few days after turning in my application and set up an interview for three days later. I was interviewed by the store manager and shift manager in the dining area of the store. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was called and hired within the week.