Subway

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

I was called to an interview several days after I applied online. I answered their questions confidently but as I looked to the working area, I saw an overcrowded work environment. Wasn't sure if it was a meaningless interview or not.

Interview Questions
    • The hypothetical ones are most difficult to anticipate.   View Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway.

You write your name and number down on a piece of paper and they call you. They call you in to give you a schedule and forward you to website with all the tutorials so you can show up ready to work.

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway.

The interview was very informal. They asked the usual questions. Went over your experience, asked about what you like to do. The questions aren't difficult. They asked things such as "We have some difficult customers, how will you respond", "How would you handle a customer complaint"

Interview Questions
    This is what you're paid and that's that.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Hired on first interview. The General manager asked me a few questions and then told me the job was mine if I wanted it. After 3 months of working there I was moved up to shift manager and I ran shifts on my own for the next few years. I pursued the Assistant Management position and it was never offered.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway.

Spoke in person with management, got a one on one interview a week later. Was essential given the job after a short 15 minute interview. Very poor training was given over a two week period. Lack of expertise in training and no well defined methodologies in place.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I was called a few days after turning in my application and set up an interview for three days later. I was interviewed by the store manager and shift manager in the dining area of the store. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was called and hired within the week.

Sanwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway in August 2014.

I applied online, and the day after I got a phone call asking for an interview time. I went in for the interview and was offered the job contingent on a clear background check.
    Asked about my availability and told me that 6 people had quit the previous weekend.
    -How would you handle a difficult customer?
    -Are you a team player?
    Then he let me know that if minimum wage wasn't good enough, what I could do to get a higher wager.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer? This question was difficult because the interviewer just talked about how he would, and then changed the subject to starting my training the next day without letting me answer.   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

I took my application into the restaurant and received a call a day or two later. Came in for an interview and was asked to start right away. Nothing major.

Interview Questions
    • None. What activities are you involved in? How flexible are you (availabilty)?   View Answer

Management Interview

promoted from within. Was approached by upper management and asked if I would be interested in a promotion. I trained as assistant manager for a few weeks and then went to their management training classes. After completion of the classes you move on to a manager training store where you work for up to 8 weeks.

no negotiations.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway.

The hiring and interview process was very easy. I was called in for an interview the day after I applied. I was asked very basic questions about myself and my work experience including "What would former employers say about you?" and "What are your goals in life?"

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable. The questions were very easy to answer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was offered a rate based on experience.