Subway

Updated Dec 21, 2014

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway.

I applied online but still send a cover letter to the store, and got a phony call the next day asking to be interviewed. I said yes. The manager was very nice and welcoming. The interview was easy and asked general questions, but it felt like they really wanted to know about the real you. Interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway.

It was simple and straight forward. This was my first job and was a great one to start while still in high school. There were only a few questions asked and the responsibilities were explained.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway in July 2014.

I applied online and they called me two days later. I went to the interview and she asked me a few questions about where I used to work and if I ever worked in food service. She asked what I would do if a customer started yelling, and complaining about their sandwich, then talked about what kind of hours I could work.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

The interview wasn't hard at all , they ask a few questions mainly focusing on my schedule , if I went to school and the days I needed off.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in a year? I wasn't sure if they wanted me to say as a manager at subway or my true intentions of making money and using them as a stepping stool for something better.   View Answer
    Minimum wage

Sandwich Artist Interview

I was looking for a part time job , so I went in and handed in my resume. A couple days later I got a phone call to come in for an interview . The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. I just gave what I thought were cliched answers, but the manager thought they were really good.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Subway in June 2014.

I applied online on June 17, 2014 and was called on June 22 for an interview for the following day. Basic questions relating to my schedule, transportation, and work history, it lasted about 30 mins. I was called later that day for a second interview for the following day. It laster another 30 minutes, mostly expectations were explained and procedures. I was called a couple hours later and offered a position

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you noticed the bread you were going to use for a sandwich wasn't as fresh as it should be?   View Answer
    No negotiation, I was thrilled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

The subway interview that I had gone to was ridiculous, they had 15+ candidates all sit in the restaurant section and did a group interview! No organization was present and the person "ran out of time" so multiple canidates sat there for an hour and didn't get to talk and told myself and two other applicants to leave.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions in this interview session.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Subway held open interviews at certain locations in which any one is welcomed to apply. First make sure that you have your printed subway application in hand, filled out, and ready to go. Always dress to impress, this applies to any job. You will be interviewed by either a store manager or the franchise owners themselves. i for one was interviewed by the owners. They were intimidating, but having confidence is key since you will need to be confident in fulfilling the customers orders and confronting them with every detail in their personalized sandwich. Not much advice can be given, the pay is at minimum and there are no benefits or discounts, they start you off with part time hours so you can slowly adjust to the environment and work. You do need to take some courses. Occasionally you can be sent to different locations as needed if the owners have more than one franchise.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult they were straight forward and very simple. Have knowledge of what you wrote on your resume as they will question you on those items.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway.

You'll first be asked whether or not you've worked for the company or any companies like it. Then you'll be given scenarios of "what would you do?" and must give responses on how you would handle the situations. You'll also be asked to provide a work schedule and if appropriate, be offered the job. You'll fill out your typical tax forms and be given a start date.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I received was "what would you do if someone had allergies to something?"   View Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Subway.

it didn't take much to win over the manager. they seemed desperate. they made it seems like there was a ton of applicants but as I worked here I found out no one applied to work at the dump

there wasn't any