Subway

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway in September 2013.

Interview Details – First, I was called in for the "interview" which was more of a "this is how it works speech", It was respectful and informative, nice lady. What followed was a back and forth conversation about my responsibilities and work experience

Secondly, I was asked to come in to watch and complete a series of online videos and questions. It was in a small room in the back, nothing special. The following week I was hired.

Interview Question – What do you do when faced with a rude customer?   Answer Question

Dardanelle, AR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in September 2013.

Interview Details – filled out application online and about 1 week later got a call for interview #6. I went and the manager was very nice but also very misleading she said she would call me before Friday or I was to call her I called her on Friday and she had another employee answer the phone and say that she was busy and that she would call me back. which she never did every time I put in a application they call and they always tell me the same story over and over again. very disappointed with this company.

Interview Question – why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question

Auburn, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in August 2011.

Interview Details – Went in for my interveiw about ten minutes early, didn't think that was too early for my 2:00 interview. The 2:15 interviewee was already there about half an hour early, but one of the workers got me mixed up with the 2:15, and she said in kind of a rude tone "she is really early" she referring to me and not the 2:15 appt. soo the manager got me mixed up and it turned out she couldn't interview until five oclock, but the 2:!5 guy got the first offer of the 5 oclock interview which kind of upset me. turned out he couldn't do it so i had to come back at 5 for an interview. came back a few hours later for the interview, Manager was really nice, basically told me i had the job, but never called me back. She asked questions about my family and if i did any extra ciriculars, asked me twice about my strenghts and weeknesses. easy going process.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Saint Petersburg, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Subway in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online on Wednesday, Monday morning I got a call back. We had a brief phone interview, and I was asked to come in and have a formal interview in person. The man who interviewed me wasn't very friendly, but it wasn't too terrible. He didn't ask me any tough questions, just if I had transportation to and from work, and what hours I was available. So far, I haven't been drug tested. The man asked if I could pass a drug test. He hired me on the spot, and asked me to come in tomorrow to fill out paper work. He told me once we fill out paper work, we will discuss when I will start training, then I begin my probation period.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate anything, I was desperate for a job.

Continental, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in February 2009.

Interview Details – It was just a basic interview. not too many questions really. I went in we sat down at a table in the front and she asked basic questions. Such as why I wanted to work there, If i had transportation, and what i knew about subway, ect...

Gander, NL (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Subway in April 2009.

Interview Details – Just a basic interview

Interview Question – Nothing, just that you have to do a subway university courses online before you start   Answer Question

Sandwhich Artist

The process took a day - interviewed at Subway in February 2012.

Interview Details – Really easy, hardly talked. The manager was super friendly and even joked around a bit about the weather. Really hoped to get an offer but didn't hear back and then accepte another job. It was a good oppurtunity though!

Interview Question – When are you available?   Answer Question

Sandwhich Artist

The process took a day - interviewed at Subway in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for the job, and got a call back within a week. I had an interview with one of the ladies who owned the company. She interviewed 4 other girls, and we all had to sit in the resteraunt while she called each one back for their interview. Almost all of us got hired, because I asked the girls. Anyway, the interview was really easy, and simple. It's just a food place. The first time they called they said that if they were interested they would call back by such and such date at 5pm. They didn't, and I was sad I wasn't going to get the job. Luckly, they called at 5:30ish and told me I had gotten the job.

Interview Question – What three words would you use to describe yourself?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Subway

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Subway Sandwhich Artist interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Subway employees and interview candidates.