Subway

Getting the Interview

161 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – really was no interview Angie put the word out that she was hiring

Interview Question – would I work weekends   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – Very easy and relaxing interview. Was overdressed for the interview. Word of advice, don't come to interview in a pant suit, a simple slacks and teeshirt may be nice. I was hired on the spot. Started training the next day. Fyi: they will ask your schedule and go over company policy and tour of store as part of the process.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in April 2011.

Interview Details – Fill out application online or in-person. Schedule interview. Both the manager and owner will sit down with you. Have at least 2 or 3 references. Interview questions: strengths, weaknesses,

Interview Question – What are you weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Starting pay was minimum wage.

Garland, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Subway in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was called to come in for an interview at the Subway I would be working at. The interview was brief and easy. I was simply asked where I lived, if I was going to school, my availability, and if I had any experience. After that she gave me a training video and some papers to fill out. I started work the very next day.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Sunrise, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Subway in March 2010.

Interview Details – I went in prepared for an interview at the 84 and 136th st location near ikea, and when i arrived, the lady was on her lunch break, sat down with me at a table, then told me that she was in need of a new employee and hired me on the spot. No questions asked.

Negotiation Details – We agreed on $8/hr to start.

New York, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – I had to do a question and answer sheet.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted next in one of the dining booths with the owner. I gave my resume over, she asked me questions about previous work experience, what I would do in certain situations (if an employee were to tell you you were doing something wrong, what would you do; how would you handle a rude customer; etc.); I then had to read the employee handbook and answer basic questions about some calculations, other assessments questions, and then filling out basic documents.

No drug test. I applied online, took two days to receive a call, we had an interview about four days later and I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – None. It's all very simple questions that show you have the proper headset when entering a food place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for $8.50 knowing the work was simple, but $8 was ultimately agreed upon and I was ensured a raise once I get out of the training stage. Minimum wage is also going up to $9 in CA in four months time so there's that.

Columbus, OH

I applied online and interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – I got a call back very soon after I applied and I got asked to come in for an interview at the location where I applied to work. It was very simple and easy. She asked me a few questions and then basically hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – I don't really remember any hard questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – She just hired me. Minimum wage job.

Coeur d'Alene, ID

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Subway in October 2011.

Interview Details – Get paper application, take in speak to manager, arranged interview via phone , met had interview, all was well, got hired following day .

Interview Question – " if you were an animal what animal would you be and why?"   View Answer

Sandwich Artist
Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in December 2010.

Interview Details – are you in school? what year are you in? describe yourself in a few words?

Interview Question – none whatsoever   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at Subway

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Subway Sandwich Artist interview questions and advice. All 161 interview reviews posted anonymously by Subway employees and interview candidates.