Subway Sandwich Artist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Overall, It was pretty easy, pretty chill, nice environment but you realize it's all fast paced. It's a fast paced environment meaning you can't just slack off and expect to get by doing nothing. You need to realize that it takes a little extra effort since your whole work is being displayed in front of the customer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

Interview

i applied online then got called in for an interview. Manager asked about my availability and if i was able to provide the uniform. didn't here from him for about a week then Got a call and hired a week later

Interview Questions

• would you be able to move around stored   1 Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from a store manager. Was asked to come in for an interview that week. Interview was just questions like availability and why I wanted to work there. Next step was basic math worksheet and after was scheduled to go to subway headquarters where I was interviewed again and asked questions like what were some hobbies of mine and why I should be hired after the interview was over I was immediately hired and was given paperwork to fill out.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for our company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need just answer their questions and smile

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Interview

It took about a week i applied online the next day i got a call for an interview. I was interviewed by the district manager who asked a few questions about experience and how i feel about helping costumers who aren't always happy or have the best attitude he also asked about what i noticed about the way the employees were working while i was waiting to be interviewed. The next day he called to offer me a job i filled the paperwork and did some training in the computer and passed a few tests about the formulas and a couple of days i was working on the restaurant

Interview Questions

• How much time do you need to learn the formulas   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamston, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway (Williamston, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. He introduced himself, we shook hands. He started the interview process, I answered. He described how things were to be done. He made me an offer, gave me some information and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What would you do to keep operating costs low?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway (Stockton, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was an ad on Craigslist for open interviews, it was a quick interview about 15 minutes. I had to take a little math test, circle a bunch of things that were different in a picture and then answer a few export emcee questions. Really easy. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• which is more important to a restaurant, customer service or product quality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fraser, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Subway (Fraser, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day. They basically called everyone who was 18 or older. They must not have really looked at the application much because it was clearly stated that I had no previous experience and that seemed to be a deal breaker during the interview. I waited 2+ hours for my turn just to be told I had no chance. They were very rude and didn't even ask me any of the questions they asked everyone else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway (Winona, MN).

Interview

It was very quick and easy. The manager calls to set up an interview if they think you're a potential match for what they're looking for. The interview process doesn't last more than 45 minutes, and that's when you are offered the job and stay to fill out paperwork. It's probably closer to 10 or 15 if you're not hired on site. Just because you aren't offered the position immediately doesn't mean you're out; sometimes the manager just has more people to interview before making a final decision.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conversation with an upset customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You start at the bottom and work your way up through the pay scale by completing Subway University courses online and completing timed tests for sandwich making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newland, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway (Newland, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The manager was nice and ask basic interview questions. It was a quick process I was informed I would need to go to orientation and that I would need to do computer training.

Negotiation

You do not negotiate you simply show up when you are told

Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Interview

Applied online, was called 10 days later or so. Interview was just about scheduling, driving, and school. Then application and explanation of the University of Subway. Most difficult question was knowing one of my references' phone numbers