Subway

Average Difficulty
193 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and they called me two days later. I went to the interview and she asked me a few questions about where I used to work and if I ever worked in food service. She asked what I would do if a customer started yelling, and complaining about their sandwich, then talked about what kind of hours I could work.

Sandwich Artist

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – It was simple and straight forward. This was my first job and was a great one to start while still in high school. There were only a few questions asked and the responsibilities were explained.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – I applied online but still send a cover letter to the store, and got a phony call the next day asking to be interviewed. I said yes. The manager was very nice and welcoming. The interview was easy and asked general questions, but it felt like they really wanted to know about the real you. Interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

Stockton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on June 17, 2014 and was called on June 22 for an interview for the following day. Basic questions relating to my schedule, transportation, and work history, it lasted about 30 mins. I was called later that day for a second interview for the following day. It laster another 30 minutes, mostly expectations were explained and procedures. I was called a couple hours later and offered a position

Interview Question – What would you do if you noticed the bread you were going to use for a sandwich wasn't as fresh as it should be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was thrilled.

Lake Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Subway in May 2014.

Interview Details – Got called in for an interview 2 weeks after submitting an application online. Only asked 2 or 3 questions before hiring me. They asked for my availability and why I wanted ti work there.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in May 2014.

Interview Details – I literally walked into the store, told the employee at the register that I was here for an interview, and she told me to take a seat anywhere. My interview was scheduled for 1 PM, I arrived a few minutes early, and they kept me waiting for almost 20 minutes after the scheduled time. So, immediately, I wasn't that impressed.

This was my first interview, so I was prepared to answer some standard interview questions. The interviewer asked me how old I was to confirm I was allowed to work, since I'm pretty baby-faced. After that, it wasn't an interview at all. I was literally just told they need people now so they're going to hire me, and he explained what shifts they need people, then he asked when I could start, and that was it.

Interview Question – As I said, all they asked was "How old are you" and "When you can you start"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. First job, no experience, fast food, I went for minimum wage.

Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was called the day after I applied online. The application included one of those long personality inventories, but otherwise was pretty concise. I went in for my interview I believe a few days after the phone call. They asked some basic introductory questions: where I was from, what was I going to school for, what my previous job was, and when I left. That all took only about ten minutes. Then, for about 15 minutes, they described the work culture there: the importance of timeliness and consistency, the required uniform, and the shifts they expected to give me and what those shifts specifically entailed. I was hired on the spot, brought into the back room to meet the staff currently working, and given training shifts starting the next day. I think they were desperate for employees at this point. Overall, a very breezy interview. Pro-tip: they don't expect you to dress up, per se, but are always pleased when you do. Dress for the job you want, not the job you'll have.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to work at a Subway. In all honesty, I had very little interest in Subway specifically, but I needed the job. I did answer truthfully when I said I had always been interested in the processes used in fast food.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They told me they pay a dollar over minimum wage, and expected more than minimum work.

Interviewed at Subway

Interview Details – I was looking for a part time job , so I went in and handed in my resume. A couple days later I got a phone call to come in for an interview . The interview lasted about 30 minutes and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult. I just gave what I thought were cliched answers, but the manager thought they were really good.   Answer Question

Homosassa Springs, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in May 2014.

Interview Details – the restaurant was very clean and laid back the employees were very helpful and the manager was awesome she was very informative about how their hiring process works and what some of her expectations are and when i called back to check to see if the background check came back yet she informed me that it hasnt but she will call when it does she also stated i can keep checking in with her if i wanted too

Springfield, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – You'll first be asked whether or not you've worked for the company or any companies like it. Then you'll be given scenarios of "what would you do?" and must give responses on how you would handle the situations. You'll also be asked to provide a work schedule and if appropriate, be offered the job. You'll fill out your typical tax forms and be given a start date.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I received was "what would you do if someone had allergies to something?"   View Answer

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!