Subway

Updated Feb 10, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway.

It was very quick and easy. The manager calls to set up an interview if they think you're a potential match for what they're looking for. The interview process doesn't last more than 45 minutes, and that's when you are offered the job and stay to fill out paperwork. It's probably closer to 10 or 15 if you're not hired on site. Just because you aren't offered the position immediately doesn't mean you're out; sometimes the manager just has more people to interview before making a final decision.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a conversation with an upset customer?   Answer Question
There is no negotiation. You start at the bottom and work your way up through the pay scale by completing Subway University courses online and completing timed tests for sandwich making.

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Subway.

Applied online, was called 10 days later or so. Interview was just about scheduling, driving, and school. Then application and explanation of the University of Subway. Most difficult question was knowing one of my references' phone numbers

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway.

First time I interviewed was because I got an application from a friend who worked there. I turned it in to the owner, who asked me about my available hours and I gave her my number. I followed up with a call a week later and got the job.

Second time I got the job was by applying through the Subway career website with all my info. Store owner called and asked me to come see him the next day. I went, talked to him a bit, went back the next day, filled out an application, and had a 15 minute interview with him and the manager. They both decided right afterward that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What would you tell a customer if their choice is unavailable?   View Answer
    Non-negotiable, it'll be minimum wage or just a bit above it.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Subway.

Went in, applied and was basically hired on the spot. Subway is very fast paced and easy to catch on. Everything become kind of routined. Very fun and can get boring at times if it get really slow.

No negotiation

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway in January 2015.

It was very simple and straightforward. It was basically a formality. I was asked when I could work and told what my duties would be and how much they could pay.

Interview Questions
    Take it, it's a great place and looks great on your resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway in January 2015.

I filled out the application on a Monday and was called to attend an Open interview on Saturday. First interview was less that five minutes but successful since I was called in for a second interview. This time I met with the manager again and district manager. They asked the same questions as they did in the first interview, very easy.

Interview Questions
    Just try to relax, they hire loads so chances are you'll get a job

Sandwich Artist Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Subway.

I did the application online a week or 2 ago and no less then a week I got a call to come in for an interview. The interview process was real simple fast and fun. Got the job on the spot.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

I was interviewed by two managers at the same time.They had a thick book with questions in it, like you needed to be a rocket scientist to be make sandwiches part time. I practiced before I got there, so I was prepared for all of there silly questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your goals? Can you tell me a time you got a pat on the back for a job well done?   Answer Question
    7.50 an hour. I'm glad my boyfriend pays the bills or we'd be screwed.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I dropped off the application and was given an interview call within about a week. After this time, I was called in to the local Subway to talk about my skills and past experience in food and retail. The interview was really easy and straightforward. It took about 30 minutes, after which I was called in 2 days later for my firs tshift.

Got another job.

Sandwich Artist Interview

They had me do a couple of practice sandwiches! I loved it! It was super fun and very fast paced. They even let me keep some of the tips! I felt like i was part of a team immediately

Interview Questions
    • How many sandwiches is to many sandwiches?

Answer.. there can never be enough sandwiches

Answer Question