Subway

Updated Dec 21, 2014

1.6

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway.

Typical interview. Be prepared to discuss how you will help the team. Make sure you have a dependable vehicle to get you to and from work timely. Dress nearly and be clean shaven. Make good eye contact and shake hands firmly.

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Hired through regional offices. Easy interview, just be able to communicate loud and clear. Be a good salesman and that will help all the more. They are looking for charismatic people who customers will like.

There isn't one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

I applied online through the website, got a call about a week later for an interview and went in. The interview was about 10 minutes long, and I got a call a few hours later asking if I wanted to work part time for them. The interview was basic. Mostly just asked if I was ok with wearing my hair up, wearing gloves, cleaning, being left alone, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Why do you want to work at subway? what kind of hours did you work? etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hubert, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hubert, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway in September 2014.

I went in and filled out an application and got a call back not even a day or so later. I went in for the interview. They asked me basic interview questions and basically the whole time I smiled and was very bubbly. In the end, they told me they liked me and I had a really good chance. The manager gave me her number and told me to call around 11:30 (which was an hour or so away) and they'll have an answer after they interview the rest of the people. Around 11:30 she calls me back and tells me I got the job and that I can come in and fill out paperwork. I was told I didn't get the job because of the experience (which was really lacking) but because I was smiling the whole time.

No negotiation.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway.

The hiring and interview process was very easy. I was called in for an interview the day after I applied. I was asked very basic questions about myself and my work experience including "What would former employers say about you?" and "What are your goals in life?"

Interview Questions
    • Not applicable. The questions were very easy to answer.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was offered a rate based on experience.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway.

The interview wasn't hard at all , they ask a few questions mainly focusing on my schedule , if I went to school and the days I needed off.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in a year? I wasn't sure if they wanted me to say as a manager at subway or my true intentions of making money and using them as a stepping stool for something better.   View Answer
    Minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

The subway interview that I had gone to was ridiculous, they had 15+ candidates all sit in the restaurant section and did a group interview! No organization was present and the person "ran out of time" so multiple canidates sat there for an hour and didn't get to talk and told myself and two other applicants to leave.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions in this interview session.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Subway held open interviews at certain locations in which any one is welcomed to apply. First make sure that you have your printed subway application in hand, filled out, and ready to go. Always dress to impress, this applies to any job. You will be interviewed by either a store manager or the franchise owners themselves. i for one was interviewed by the owners. They were intimidating, but having confidence is key since you will need to be confident in fulfilling the customers orders and confronting them with every detail in their personalized sandwich. Not much advice can be given, the pay is at minimum and there are no benefits or discounts, they start you off with part time hours so you can slowly adjust to the environment and work. You do need to take some courses. Occasionally you can be sent to different locations as needed if the owners have more than one franchise.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult they were straight forward and very simple. Have knowledge of what you wrote on your resume as they will question you on those items.   Answer Question

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Subway.

Basic questions. Have perform basic math by hand. Easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Subway in November 2013.

One interview, pretty quick and really simple questions, nothing too hard or something you would be unprepared for.

meet in the middle!