Subway

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway in August 2013.

Interview Details – With the store I applied at, you are required to fill out an online application, including a personality test. After completing the application (once per 30 days), go in to see the manager. If you pass the personality test the manager will ask a few short questions involving availability and previous experience.

After that a full interview will be scheduled, takes about 1 hour. If you pass, you'll have to fill out a few more forms and submit to a background check. If everything comes back clean you should be notified within 2 weeks.

Fontana, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details – Subway held open interviews at certain locations in which any one is welcomed to apply. First make sure that you have your printed subway application in hand, filled out, and ready to go. Always dress to impress, this applies to any job. You will be interviewed by either a store manager or the franchise owners themselves. i for one was interviewed by the owners. They were intimidating, but having confidence is key since you will need to be confident in fulfilling the customers orders and confronting them with every detail in their personalized sandwich. Not much advice can be given, the pay is at minimum and there are no benefits or discounts, they start you off with part time hours so you can slowly adjust to the environment and work. You do need to take some courses. Occasionally you can be sent to different locations as needed if the owners have more than one franchise.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult they were straight forward and very simple. Have knowledge of what you wrote on your resume as they will question you on those items.   Answer Question

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very easy. I was called in for an interview the day after I applied. I was asked very basic questions about myself and my work experience including "What would former employers say about you?" and "What are your goals in life?"

Interview Question – Not applicable. The questions were very easy to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. I was offered a rate based on experience.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

McKinney, TX

I interviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Interview Details – The subway interview that I had gone to was ridiculous, they had 15+ candidates all sit in the restaurant section and did a group interview! No organization was present and the person "ran out of time" so multiple canidates sat there for an hour and didn't get to talk and told myself and two other applicants to leave.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions in this interview session.   Answer Question

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't hard at all , they ask a few questions mainly focusing on my schedule , if I went to school and the days I needed off.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in a year? I wasn't sure if they wanted me to say as a manager at subway or my true intentions of making money and using them as a stepping stool for something better.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage

Okeechobee, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Subway in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was taken into the back kitchen in the day of the "interview", and was told to make a customer's sandwich. That was my interview, and training all in one. Next was vegetable preparation. There was no formal interview, but i don't know if that will be the case for everyone who applies.

Interview Question – "Where do you think this job will take you in 3 years"   Answer Question

Arcadia, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Subway in March 2013.

Interview Details – Got called in for an interview after submitting my application in person. The manager didn't even show up to the interview she set up.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any questions, because manager wasn't even there.   Answer Question

Subway Sandwich Artist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway.

Interview Details – Basic questions. Have perform basic math by hand. Easy

Azusa, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Subway in November 2013.

Interview Details – One interview, pretty quick and really simple questions, nothing too hard or something you would be unprepared for.

Interview Question – None really, pretty easy,nothing to worry about.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – meet in the middle!

Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Subway in August 2013.

Interview Details – The manger talked about what kind of person she wanted to hire. How far do I live, if I would be able to make it to work on time, school, when am I available to work and how many days I can work. She wanted to make sure you were going to stick with the job. Got hired the same day.

Interview Question – Didn't really get asked questions. I only got told what I would have to do to be hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had to learn the menu in one day. Mangers would ask me over and over again, what is on a sandwich. I couldn't learn the whole menu because it was my second week of college and I already had a lot to do plus it was my first year.

Worked for Subway? Contribute to the Community!