Subway Subway Sandwich Artist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.5

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway.

Interview

The Manager told me he doesn't hire people who smoke or people who have children. He asked me if I had children (which is against the law). He spent a lot of the interview bragging about how the store is the most popular in the city. I had to act impressed even though I was thinking "oh god this is sad."

Interview Questions

• Do you have a car? Do you have children.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for Subway

Anonymous Employee in Shorewood, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Shorewood, IL).

Interview

Got a call; went in; very soft ball questioning; over qualified & they weren't having it; be chill; be happy; be honest; love makin sandwiches; play dumb; play slow; play nice

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and in-person. After about a week I got called for an interview in the morning. I went in about 10 minutes earlier for my interview. The district manager interviewed me, he was very nice and made me comfortable. He looked over my resume (which was all academics, considering I'm a teenager) and said he was very impressed. At the end he said he would call me on Monday, but he called me in 7 hours and said I was hired!So overall good experience, I'm very excited for my first job.

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Clinton, MS) in July 2015.

Interview

Filled online application and I called them and the manager was out so I filled one out In store application and I was contacted to come in for an interview

Interview Questions

• Transportation to work? Why subway? Tell us something about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Where does my mom work? :/ Dnt knw why he asked that but he did   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Fun, precise. She greeted me and then we started to talk about what my hours, compensation, and availability. Then we went on to talk about what working at Subway means to me. Then, we closed the interview and I went on my way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Subway?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Subway (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was an open interview, with 4 of us. They had us answer some interview questions on a piece of paper. You do not want to be shy. You will be talking will people all day. Speak up, shake hands firmly, and show manners. Dress business casual, smile, make eye contact, and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself with our company in a year?   1 Answer
    • What are your 3 best qualities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilson, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway (Wilson, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

It was mostly to check on my personality because she liked how i was persistent in calling about my application told me about her i told her about me. We also engaged in personal experiences with customer service.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Subway (Saddle Brook, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, it took them a few months to respond. It was casual, the owner was so nice. He didn't ask me any trick questions, as many employers do. He introduced himself to my mom, too, and told her what my job will be like. Training will be for three days. I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What made you want to volunteer so often?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't talk about pay yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Meadows, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (New Meadows, ID) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy laid back just asked for my availability. The managers that interviewed me liked me from the start. They loved that I was ready to start working that day. Just show them how ready you are to work. And please do not show up to the interview in your pi's. (This has been done there so many times)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Portland, OR).

Interview

I showed up at the franchise owners "main store" every day for a week because the manager said that was how I ought to apply. I never filled in a paper application. Eventually the owner was there when I turned up, and she asked me when I was free and when I could start, told me to smile more, and then hired me.