Subway Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Aug 31, 2015

1.7

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morden, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Subway (Morden, South West England, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Was made to wait for an hour as manager had not arrived yet, when he did he forgot i was coming. Questions were easy and manager was very welcoming once he had remembered his mistake.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Subway (Leicester, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Fairly simple, I was called in but they ran around 20 minutes late so I had to wait a while, very friendly and asked simple questions like my future aspirations and how much I knew about subway and how I work under pressure, if I had any holidays planned so it was all straightforward really, you just have to be prepared with good answers

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Subway (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

There was a new store opening in my local area and I applied via email, 2 days later I got a call asking me to go to the main subway in the town centre. I was called in for the interview with one of the managers and they started off by asking for my availability etc. They asked me what I liked about subway and this would be a good time to talk about how they have the salad bar and how you are able to watch your sandwich being made and the customer is very involved in the making of their order. I spoke about how the company have halal stores and how I appreciate how they stand for multiculturalism. They asked me how I worked in a team (mention prev. experiences, even in educational settings), what my idea of good customer service was and what skills I have that are applicable to the role. Talk about willing to go 'above and beyond' for customers and that no job or task is too little or too small and you're willing to get involved. When they ask about skills mention PEOPLE SKILLS and give evidence for that. The interviewer even said, 'you have to have people skills, I can teach anyone how to make a sandwhich but its people skills that matters'. Generally, the interview was pretty easy, they didn't ask any annoying situational questions and its always good to ask a lot of questions to show your interest. At the end they asked if I had any more questions and I made sure to ask about the new store opening, the hours, whether they were thinking of opening any more in the area etc.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Truro, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Subway (Truro, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview went quite well. It was held upstairs in one of their booths and was quite noisy. Also, the buses was late so I rang up ahead to say I might be late (luckily I wasn't). Make sure to have a printed copy of the CV to hand in.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Derby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway (Derby, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Was taken up to the office with the manager and supervisor. They asked me about my availability and told about a "subway university" thing that I'd have to complete online and that was it. Then they sent my back downstairs to fill in a form with some basic maths questions

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Subway in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online , after a few email questions I was invited for an interview. I arrived 5 mins before I was expected. The interviewer didn't turn up. I had a call apologising that he forgot to put it in his diary and he would send me a email and we could rearrange. I still waiting.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Subway (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed interview in the dining area with the manager. Simple, mostly personal questions. What would you do in certain situations? How to deal with the customers? Strengths, weaknesses, what can I bring to the job? We discussed my availability, the hours, then I was offered the job immediately.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Subway in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 days, I was sent an email 2 days after I applied with an interview date. The interview was in a group so it was very easy and only contained a few questions. I was called the next day offering me a job.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton Heath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Subway (Thornton Heath, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and within a week and a half I was called for an interview. The lady I spoke to was very friendly and welcoming, and simply asked when I'd be available and what I needed to bring. When I went I was asked to sit down and was given a drink of my choice. I was seen half an hour late, but apologised to for the delay. My interview as relaxed and asked a series of basic and personal questions and was very friendly. I was told when my application would be reviewed and when I'd hear back, and then was thanked for coming and for my time.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the business?   1 Answer

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Subway (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

I went to the shop and I asked for the manager, he was at the till so I told him I was looking for a job and he just told me to bring some workpaper as the NIN, bank account and ID.