Subway Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Oct 19, 2014

1.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Subway in October 2014.

Very relaxed interview in the dining area with the manager. Simple, mostly personal questions. What would you do in certain situations? How to deal with the customers? Strengths, weaknesses, what can I bring to the job? We discussed my availability, the hours, then I was offered the job immediately.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton Heath, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton Heath, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway in July 2014.

I applied online and within a week and a half I was called for an interview. The lady I spoke to was very friendly and welcoming, and simply asked when I'd be available and what I needed to bring. When I went I was asked to sit down and was given a drink of my choice. I was seen half an hour late, but apologised to for the delay. My interview as relaxed and asked a series of basic and personal questions and was very friendly. I was told when my application would be reviewed and when I'd hear back, and then was thanked for coming and for my time.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Subway in June 2014.

Applied online and was called a week or two later to come into an interview the next day. I arrived and was taken into the back area for the staff. Questions were general interview questions such as 'What do you know about the company' (mention its a green company) 'How do you define customer service' etc. The interviewer did say i would receive a call the next day or the day after however i didnt receive one.

Interview Questions
    • Biggest weakness, Jobs you wouldnt like doing   View Answer

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romford, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romford, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Subway in April 2014.

I applied online and 10 or 15 days after I was called for an interview. I went there and I said I was there for an interview and if I could speak to the manager. The person working at the till in that moment literally told me "You dont call Bob, Bob calls you" (Bob wasnt the managers name, I decided to keep it private) I was astonished. I didnt know what to say, anyway, at the end he called the manager and he gave me a questionaire with IQ questions and normal customer service questions as well as bankdetail and NI number. I completed it then he asked me to go upstairs with him so he can ask me some questions. It was typical interview questions. Then he told me the pay rate which was 5.03£/h and invited me for a one week unpaid training seemed a bit sketchy but I accepted since I am looking for a job desperately. I showed up the next day like he said (A friday) and I was waiting for him all day since he was supposed to provide my traaining, at the end of the day the co workers helped me and showed me around what to do and etc. He never actually showed up even after several phone calls to his mobile phone from co workers and him saying he would come in a bit. (keep in mind i was there from 9.30AM til 3:03PM) When it came closer to the time I was meant to leave my co workers called him to ask when I should come back and he never answered the phone, they texted him and said to him to phone me. I never received a phonecall later that day or ever. I was left without knowing what to do in the weekend or the bank holiday. I decided to not go anymore since the unprofessional manager was too much for me. So i treated him like he treated me. I never showed up again.

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Subway in April 2014.

Applied through the Subway Careers website for positions in a few local stores, got a phone call a few weeks later. My interviewers arranged to meet at a local restaurant but gave poor directions and was not organised.

During the interview, my interviewers were both thoroughly unprofessional and, while what they said was fine, their attitude and wording in places left me stunned. I am not allowed to quote what they said on Glassdoor but it contained multiple profanities aimed at previous/current workers at the store.

Ignoring the unprofessional attitude that had already put me off of the role, the interview questions were all fairly basic. There was a huge focus on my previous roles and my career to date, with some questions that were obviously targeted at gauging my suitability to the role. There was one basic numerical question.

Interview Questions
    • How many hours do you think the store is open per week?   View Answer

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Subway in March 2014.

I got there early of course but the manager didn't turn up until half an hour after my interview was scheduled for. She took me to a corridor where the workers were trying to get past me & i felt rude having to keep grtting up to let them past. The qurstions were quite straight forward for a job interview. She asked if I would be willing to do unpaid training and talked a lot about the other workers

Interview Questions
    • .Xwhy do you want to work here? What are you weaknesses? What are your strengths? When can you work? Do you have transport? Why should i give you the job? What do you do at the moment?   Answer Question

Sandwich Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Subway.

Applied online and in around a month got invited for an interview. Was very straight forward, only asked about availability and a couple of questions about my CV. They said they would ring me the next day and didn't, so I rang them a couple of days later and they said they still had interviews which was a lie as my interviewee said I would have to start within 2 days of my interview. Very disappointing as this was my first interview.

Subway Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Subway in April 2013.

The interview is rather easy. But if you are staying for less than 6 months, do not mention it. They do not normally hire people staying less than 6 months because it is not worth it.

Sandwich Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Subway in December 2009.

This was a very laid back interview. I met with the general manager and another manager at the location that I would be hired at. Then followed a series of questions about why i wanted to work there and what would i bring to the job. Overall a rather easy interview.