SuccessFactors Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014

Interactive Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SuccessFactors in August 2014.

I applied for the position several months earlier and was contacted via email by a recruiter. I had a great conversation with her and she scheduled me for a phone interview with the hiring manager. Our conversation was a pretty standard phone interview. The HR rep said that the hiring manager had reservations about me being overqualified for the position, but was willing to bring me in for an in person interview. The in person interview was with three people- a senior interactive media planner, the hiring manager, and his counterpart.

Interview Questions
    • None- all were pretty standard interview questions for a analyst type role.   Answer Question

Automation Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SuccessFactors in May 2014.

I was contacted in 10 days of my application. I had 2 rounds ( generally people have 3) -

1st round ( phone interview with an engineer) -
    1) Basic code java questions - inheritance, polymorphism, asbtraction, access modifiers, etc.
    2) Basic networking concepts - what is a subnet mask, how internet works,
    3) Testing question- how will you test a mobile app like youtube?
        Answer - Test on different signal strength, different battery powers, rotate the device to see the display is still ok, if in between I get a call then my video should resume from where it paused.( think of as many scenarios as you can)
    2nd interview - It was a panel interview with about 4 -5 people, it was again a phone interview but I was asked to connect through GoToMeeting ( tip - Install the software well in advance)

1) OSI network model and example of a protocol used in each layer.
    2) Subnet masking. Gave an Ip address and asked how many hosts can be connected.
    3) An algorithm on anagrams - asked to code in shared screen . They not only wanted to know how many anagrams but wanted the output strings in the same format as input for which I took a bit of time( may be that's why I wasn't considered for development team).
    4) Again, how to test a mobile application.
    5) Basic java questions

They wanted to close the position soon so one round was skipped. To my friends some puzzles were also asked in the final round.

Hope you guys find it helpful. Good luck

Interview Questions
    • The output strings should be same as the input and since I was trying to sort the input strings in the process of finding anagrams I took a bit of time to figure out how can I get the original string   Answer Question
    You can negotiate if you have an similar paying offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied in-person – interviewed at SuccessFactors.

The interview process was wonderful. The environment was great, they made me feel like it was a small family.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SuccessFactors.

Very personable phone interview with the hiring manager. Reviewed specific experience and job details. Nothing too technical, generally the basics.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected or difficult. I was expecting more detailed questions but didn't get them.   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SuccessFactors.

Resume

Ok.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SuccessFactors in July 2013.

Applied on-line and heard back from recruiter the next day. Great follow-up and information throughout. 3 phone interviews with various roles that took awile to arrange due to vacations/travel. Averaged about 45 minutes each

Interview Questions
    Fairly quick; made an offer and approved a counter the same day!

Customer Success Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SuccessFactors in June 2013.

Initial interview was with the Recruiter. Next, interviewed with Director of Customer Success. Third interview was a demo of a presentation to several managers, the recruiter, and Dir. of Customer Success.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected or difficult questions asked that I remember.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was short. Offer made, I counter offered and they accepted my counter on the same day.

Tier II Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SuccessFactors in June 2013.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter early the next day. Another recruiter contacted me 30 minutes after the first recruiter and screened me with some basic questions for approximately 45 minutes. He then set me up for a phone interview the following week with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was 10 minutes late in calling me for the phone interview, but prefaced our conversation with an apology for being late, stating he'd been up all night with his new puppy, which set the tone for the lack of professionalism I experienced throughout the process. The hiring manager seemed ill-suited for management, and wasn't able to answer a few of my most basic questions about the position. Despite my experience, I decided to go ahead and do the in-person interview. Unfortunately, the manager had the same demeanor in person. It was easy for me to see why this company is getting such poor reviews, particularly about its management, at Glassdoor. I heard back the next business day that I was not chosen to proceed in the interview process, despite being overqualified for the position. On a side note, the job description stated that the position would be reporting to a VP, but I found out during the interview process that the hiring manager was just a Sr. Manager. When I asked him about this, he said that Sr. Managers at SuccessFactors were "like" VPs at other companies. I then asked him what the reporting structure was, and he said he reported into a Director, who reported into a VP. Hmmmm??

Interview Questions
    • He asked me the same questions in the in-person interview that he had asked me in his phone interview. Lots of "How would you handle an upset customer?" type questions, and lots of "Do you have any more questions for me?" over and over again.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SuccessFactors.

Recruiter-->Phone Screen-->Phone Interview w/ mgr-->face to face interview with two mgrs. and a presentation. If they're not in the middle of a realignment, then you should be getting a call for a job if you've made it this far. Otherwise, they're not good at following up with applicants.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SuccessFactors in March 2013.

There is a multi-step process to get hired and they are very good at screening people, but with the right core competencies and skills in the range of the job -if you have passion and a great attitude, you can be successful. It's worth the time it takes.

Interview Questions
    • I was required to do a pitch of the product for my hiring final step, to a team of people that pitch it! - and the highest ranked person asked towards the end - if I could contractually obligate to the ROI.   View Answer