SuccessFactors Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015
Updated Apr 4, 2015

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SuccessFactors.

Interview

Recruiter-->Phone Screen-->Phone Interview w/ mgr-->face to face interview with two mgrs. and a presentation. If they're not in the middle of a realignment, then you should be getting a call for a job if you've made it this far. Otherwise, they're not good at following up with applicants.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at SuccessFactors (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

There is a multi-step process to get hired and they are very good at screening people, but with the right core competencies and skills in the range of the job -if you have passion and a great attitude, you can be successful. It's worth the time it takes.

Interview Questions

• I was required to do a pitch of the product for my hiring final step, to a team of people that pitch it! - and the highest ranked person asked towards the end - if I could contractually obligate to the ROI.   1 Answer

Billing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SuccessFactors (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Interview after contract position ended for an analyst opening:

Interview was done by the manager overseeing the team with the opening. Very honest and upfront about the requirements.

Tested some advanced Excel skills, as well as communication skills. Very open about the interview process, made suggestions afterwards on areas I would need to improve, and what he liked.

*Did not get the position, so just reviewing the interview.

Interview Questions

• I actually struggled the most with the timed Excel test. Some questions required thinking on how to present data most efficiently in a meaningful manager (the sheer volume of data made it overwhelming without first organizing and grouping the data).   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at SuccessFactors (Arlington, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Several phone calls to confirm background checks and validate employment dates and location.

Interview Questions

• Expected to provide results immediately.   1 Answer

Personal issues - non company related.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SuccessFactors (Arlington, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

The internal recruiter was very personable and really “sold” me on SuccessFactors! So, I was very excited to start the interview process with the hiring manager. I initially had a phone interview with the internal recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager liked what I said, so I was scheduled for two in-person interviews with approximately five individuals.

Interview Questions

• I had recently been on three panel-style interviews with other companies, so I believe the 1:1 interviews at SuccessFactors were less difficult and more personable. No questions were tricky or misleading. Each interviewer was very honest about the company culture, expectations of the job, etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at SuccessFactors (Foster City, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

They asked for two face to face interviews. One with the hiring manager, Chris Hsu for an hour. The second with Stacy Teixeira and Adrienne Germain, for 1/2 hr each. Very casual environment. Very fast paced and intense interview. They are looking for leadership and personality fit. They have recently been acquired by SAP and are in Scaling situation.

Interview Questions

• What is your conflict resolving style?   1 Answer

The environment is too fast paced and there was too much uncertainity in terms of growth for the position

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SuccessFactors (San Mateo, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process and job offer process went very quickly. This part was refreshing considering some other compnaies take weeks and weeks..you almost forget what you were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Questions referring to hypothetical situations that were not really pertinent.   Answer Question

After careful consideration and interviewing with some current employees, I decided that the work/life balance was nonexistent for my needs. I have 2 small children.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SuccessFactors (San Mateo, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

First HR contacted me over the phone. then had a telephonic round with one of the senior developers in the team. it went well. I was asked about inner classes, oops concepts, algorithm questions. I got a call immediately from the HR asking me to come onsite for a technical interview. I had 5 rounds. first round had full of database questions. The guy was experienced, but very easy going. asked me to write few queries, ddl,dml statements. The next round had a design question. I think I did pretty well on this round. the next round had data structure questions, linked list, trees. fourth round was with a hiring manager. had fairly easy questions. but i didnt do well. last round was with other hiring manager. he generally asked me about the work experience, projects, difficulties etc. got the rejection mail after a week.

Interview Questions

• what is inner class in java? how do access the methods in an inner class?   Answer Question
    • What is a transaction in database? which statements cannot be rollbacked or reverted?   1 Answer

Business Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SuccessFactors (Bentonville, AR) in May 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was very robust and included several business partners, leaders and peer interviews. It began with phone interviews and then face to face interivews with business unit leaders of which I would be matrixed in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to convice executive leaders to make a decision that was not supported or unpopular? How did you do it? What was the outcome? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took about 1 week with an ajustment in long term incentives

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at SuccessFactors (San Mateo, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process is very traditional, mostly standard technical questions, very little code exercise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a sorting routing, like quick sort   1 Answer
    • In Java, can you make a public method protected in its subclass?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's all right. There seism to be a HR protocol in place. You should email them if you are interested in job after the interview, even if you feel very positive.