SuccessFactors

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SuccessFactors in February 2013.

Interview Details – The internal recruiter was very personable and really “sold” me on SuccessFactors! So, I was very excited to start the interview process with the hiring manager. I initially had a phone interview with the internal recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager liked what I said, so I was scheduled for two in-person interviews with approximately five individuals.

Interview Question – I had recently been on three panel-style interviews with other companies, so I believe the 1:1 interviews at SuccessFactors were less difficult and more personable. No questions were tricky or misleading. Each interviewer was very honest about the company culture, expectations of the job, etc.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at SuccessFactors.

Interview Details – Recruiter-->Phone Screen-->Phone Interview w/ mgr-->face to face interview with two mgrs. and a presentation. If they're not in the middle of a realignment, then you should be getting a call for a job if you've made it this far. Otherwise, they're not good at following up with applicants.

Billing Analyst Interview

Billing Analyst
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SuccessFactors.

Interview Details – Interview after contract position ended for an analyst opening:

Interview was done by the manager overseeing the team with the opening. Very honest and upfront about the requirements.

Tested some advanced Excel skills, as well as communication skills. Very open about the interview process, made suggestions afterwards on areas I would need to improve, and what he liked.

*Did not get the position, so just reviewing the interview.

Interview Question – I actually struggled the most with the timed Excel test. Some questions required thinking on how to present data most efficiently in a meaningful manager (the sheer volume of data made it overwhelming without first organizing and grouping the data).   Answer Question

Business Architect Interview

Business Architect
Bentonville, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SuccessFactors in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very robust and included several business partners, leaders and peer interviews. It began with phone interviews and then face to face interivews with business unit leaders of which I would be matrixed in.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to convice executive leaders to make a decision that was not supported or unpopular? How did you do it? What was the outcome? What would you do differently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took about 1 week with an ajustment in long term incentives

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SuccessFactors in August 2012.

Interview Details – They asked for two face to face interviews. One with the hiring manager, Chris Hsu for an hour. The second with Stacy Teixeira and Adrienne Germain, for 1/2 hr each. Very casual environment. Very fast paced and intense interview. They are looking for leadership and personality fit. They have recently been acquired by SAP and are in Scaling situation.

Interview Question – What is your conflict resolving style?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The environment is too fast paced and there was too much uncertainity in terms of growth for the position

Customer Support Advocate Interview

Customer Support Advocate
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at SuccessFactors in July 2008.

Interview Details – Casual work environment. Met with the team, team lead, manager, had a phone conversation with the VP of Support and was hired the next day.

I hade a friend interview a few months ago for the same position. The interview process included three phone conversations and one face to face over three weeks. She did not get the job in the end.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It took a few minutes. I had an offer from another business on the table and told them I had to make a decision by end of the day. Within minutes I was siging the offer sheet.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SuccessFactors in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process and job offer process went very quickly. This part was refreshing considering some other compnaies take weeks and weeks..you almost forget what you were interviewing for.

Interview Question – Questions referring to hypothetical situations that were not really pertinent.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After careful consideration and interviewing with some current employees, I decided that the work/life balance was nonexistent for my needs. I have 2 small children.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Junior Software Developer
San Mateo, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SuccessFactors in December 2011.

Interview Details – First HR contacted me over the phone. then had a telephonic round with one of the senior developers in the team. it went well. I was asked about inner classes, oops concepts, algorithm questions. I got a call immediately from the HR asking me to come onsite for a technical interview. I had 5 rounds. first round had full of database questions. The guy was experienced, but very easy going. asked me to write few queries, ddl,dml statements. The next round had a design question. I think I did pretty well on this round. the next round had data structure questions, linked list, trees. fourth round was with a hiring manager. had fairly easy questions. but i didnt do well. last round was with other hiring manager. he generally asked me about the work experience, projects, difficulties etc. got the rejection mail after a week.

Interview Questions

• what is inner class in java? how do access the methods in an inner class?   Answer Question
  • What is a transaction in database? which statements cannot be rollbacked or reverted?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at SuccessFactors in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is very traditional, mostly standard technical questions, very little code exercise.

Interview Questions

• Describe a sorting routing, like quick sort   View Answer
  • In Java, can you make a public method protected in its subclass?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's all right. There seism to be a HR protocol in place. You should email them if you are interested in job after the interview, even if you feel very positive.

Very Difficult Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SuccessFactors in October 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and within a week got a call from a recruiter. She gave me some background about the company and what they are looking for and scheduled a 1 hour phone interview. On the scheduled day the interviewer called me on time, was friendly and asked me a lot of questions on access modifiers, collections, JSP, SQL, etc. We spoke about their competition and how their business is doing. It was a good interview. I got a call from the recruiter the next day and we scheduled an onsite interview.

When I went there, I was a little turned off by the work setting, it looked like a call center where a bunch of people are sitting next to each other, face to face and end-to-end on large tables. It did not seem like a very productive and quiet enviornment. I thought this company was profitable, why dont they get some more space and give each employee "some" privacy.

I was scheduled to meet 5 people. First to interview was a manager, she gave me a technical problem to solve. I did ok on that question, could have done better but I took more time than I generally would have. Then another manager from a different team interviewed me. She mostly asked me questions on my resume and I asked her questions on the company and the work style etc.

The 3rd person who met me was a very senior level person(15+ years experience). From the very start this person was rude and cold. He seemed disgruntled and was not interested in the interview. He asked me some vague design questions and when I asked for further information he made faces and showed me that he did not think highly of me. That made me angry and I decided that I did not want to work with this person, after that even I treated him like I didnt care. Yes the questions he asked me were tough and I probably was not qualified enough for that role, but there is something called professionalism and decency. If he was a representative of Successfactors I did not like what I saw and couldnt imagine working everyday with someone like this.

After him, there was another person who interviewed me.(about 6-7 years experience). He was polite and professional, which bought me back to a normal state of mind. He asked me some tough questions about garbage collection, classloader, synchronization etc. I did ok and he helped me when I was stuck. They clearly needed someone who was more qualified than me in core java.

The last person, some senior engineering manager who was supposed to meet me did not show up which is a sign that they did not find me qualified enough to waste that person's time.

I knew when I left that I would not get an offer, but I also felt like this is not a place where I would like to go everyday because of that one rude guy(maybe this was just one bad apple) and also looking at the call-center like work scene.

The recruiter emailed me in a couple of days saying that they would be looking at other candidates. I definitely thought that the recruiting team were very quick, friendly and professional and most of the employees were professional.

Interview Question – access modifiers   Answer Question