SuccessFactors Regional Sales Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at SuccessFactors in March 2013.

There is a multi-step process to get hired and they are very good at screening people, but with the right core competencies and skills in the range of the job -if you have passion and a great attitude, you can be successful. It's worth the time it takes.

Interview Questions
  • I was required to do a pitch of the product for my hiring final step, to a team of people that pitch it! - and the highest ranked person asked towards the end - if I could contractually obligate to the ROI.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SuccessFactors

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at SuccessFactors.

Recruiter-->Phone Screen-->Phone Interview w/ mgr-->face to face interview with two mgrs. and a presentation. If they're not in the middle of a realignment, then you should be getting a call for a job if you've made it this far. Otherwise, they're not good at following up with applicants.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Clemente, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Clemente, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SuccessFactors in February 2008.

Fairly typical and non-differentiated interview process. Started with a phone screen with the recruiter (I applied on the companies web site). After two 30 minutes phone discussions, had an hour long interview with the hiring manager: he is the reason I joined the company, and he is no longer there. This was followed by an hour long interview with the SVP of the region. Last part of the interview process was a phone interview with the VP of worldwide sales. There was no new content gleamed from the interview with senior management - it felt more like a formality. The recruiter touched base all along to confirm steps and process and was quite professional - although a bit young (I could tell he has not been in this game for a long period of time). I found it interesting that the company did not ask me to come to HQ to experience the culture of the company - again, this goes back to the arrogance of the firm - assuming that everyone is sold, and there is no need to spend extra time to set up a visit to HQ. I found that the interview lacked two important data points: specifics on territory nor compensation plan. This was a yellow flag, which became a major reason for my voluntary departure (tiny territory, hard to make a living).

I would strongly caution new sales reps to think twice about coming to work at this company. The solution is not that differentiated, has a lot of weak points (reporting, recruiting, compensation) and your territory will be quite small.

Interview Questions
    Not much was up for negotiation. I negotiated my starting salary and date - no options, no signing offer,no territory discussion. Company is pretty arrogant and thinks that people are dying to work there, not willing to be flexible.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SuccessFactors in April 2012.

Initial telephone screening, face to face interview, value proposition presentation

Interview Questions
    • Doing the research into the value proposition having not come from a HR background   Answer Question
    Yes, guarantees available

Regional Sales Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SuccessFactors in July 2011.

The people I interviewed with were very accommodating and professional. There was adequate communication. I do not have anything negative to say about the process.

Interview Questions
    • The company is highly sales focused. Discuss your hunter-type sales experience.   Answer Question

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!