SuccessFactors Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at SuccessFactors in March 2013.

There is a multi-step process to get hired and they are very good at screening people, but with the right core competencies and skills in the range of the job -if you have passion and a great attitude, you can be successful. It's worth the time it takes.

Interview Questions
    • I was required to do a pitch of the product for my hiring final step, to a team of people that pitch it! - and the highest ranked person asked towards the end - if I could contractually obligate to the ROI.   View Answer

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at SuccessFactors in July 2013.

Applied on-line and heard back from recruiter the next day. Great follow-up and information throughout. 3 phone interviews with various roles that took awile to arrange due to vacations/travel. Averaged about 45 minutes each

Interview Questions
    Fairly quick; made an offer and approved a counter the same day!

Billing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at SuccessFactors.

Interview after contract position ended for an analyst opening:

Interview was done by the manager overseeing the team with the opening. Very honest and upfront about the requirements.

Tested some advanced Excel skills, as well as communication skills. Very open about the interview process, made suggestions afterwards on areas I would need to improve, and what he liked.

*Did not get the position, so just reviewing the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I actually struggled the most with the timed Excel test. Some questions required thinking on how to present data most efficiently in a meaningful manager (the sheer volume of data made it overwhelming without first organizing and grouping the data).   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SuccessFactors in August 2012.

They asked for two face to face interviews. One with the hiring manager, Chris Hsu for an hour. The second with Stacy Teixeira and Adrienne Germain, for 1/2 hr each. Very casual environment. Very fast paced and intense interview. They are looking for leadership and personality fit. They have recently been acquired by SAP and are in Scaling situation.

Interview Questions
    • What is your conflict resolving style?   View Answer

The environment is too fast paced and there was too much uncertainity in terms of growth for the position

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at SuccessFactors in March 2012.

The interview process and job offer process went very quickly. This part was refreshing considering some other compnaies take weeks and weeks..you almost forget what you were interviewing for.

Interview Questions
    • Questions referring to hypothetical situations that were not really pertinent.   Answer Question

After careful consideration and interviewing with some current employees, I decided that the work/life balance was nonexistent for my needs. I have 2 small children.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SuccessFactors in December 2011.

First HR contacted me over the phone. then had a telephonic round with one of the senior developers in the team. it went well. I was asked about inner classes, oops concepts, algorithm questions. I got a call immediately from the HR asking me to come onsite for a technical interview. I had 5 rounds. first round had full of database questions. The guy was experienced, but very easy going. asked me to write few queries, ddl,dml statements. The next round had a design question. I think I did pretty well on this round. the next round had data structure questions, linked list, trees. fourth round was with a hiring manager. had fairly easy questions. but i didnt do well. last round was with other hiring manager. he generally asked me about the work experience, projects, difficulties etc. got the rejection mail after a week.

Interview Questions
    • what is inner class in java? how do access the methods in an inner class?   Answer Question
    • What is a transaction in database? which statements cannot be rollbacked or reverted?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at SuccessFactors in April 2011.

The interview process is very traditional, mostly standard technical questions, very little code exercise.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a sorting routing, like quick sort   View Answer
    • In Java, can you make a public method protected in its subclass?   View Answer
    It's all right. There seism to be a HR protocol in place. You should email them if you are interested in job after the interview, even if you feel very positive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SuccessFactors in October 2010.

I applied online and within a week got a call from a recruiter. She gave me some background about the company and what they are looking for and scheduled a 1 hour phone interview. On the scheduled day the interviewer called me on time, was friendly and asked me a lot of questions on access modifiers, collections, JSP, SQL, etc. We spoke about their competition and how their business is doing. It was a good interview. I got a call from the recruiter the next day and we scheduled an onsite interview.

When I went there, I was a little turned off by the work setting, it looked like a call center where a bunch of people are sitting next to each other, face to face and end-to-end on large tables. It did not seem like a very productive and quiet enviornment. I thought this company was profitable, why dont they get some more space and give each employee "some" privacy.

I was scheduled to meet 5 people. First to interview was a manager, she gave me a technical problem to solve. I did ok on that question, could have done better but I took more time than I generally would have. Then another manager from a different team interviewed me. She mostly asked me questions on my resume and I asked her questions on the company and the work style etc.

The 3rd person who met me was a very senior level person(15+ years experience). From the very start this person was rude and cold. He seemed disgruntled and was not interested in the interview. He asked me some vague design questions and when I asked for further information he made faces and showed me that he did not think highly of me. That made me angry and I decided that I did not want to work with this person, after that even I treated him like I didnt care. Yes the questions he asked me were tough and I probably was not qualified enough for that role, but there is something called professionalism and decency. If he was a representative of Successfactors I did not like what I saw and couldnt imagine working everyday with someone like this.

After him, there was another person who interviewed me.(about 6-7 years experience). He was polite and professional, which bought me back to a normal state of mind. He asked me some tough questions about garbage collection, classloader, synchronization etc. I did ok and he helped me when I was stuck. They clearly needed someone who was more qualified than me in core java.

The last person, some senior engineering manager who was supposed to meet me did not show up which is a sign that they did not find me qualified enough to waste that person's time.

I knew when I left that I would not get an offer, but I also felt like this is not a place where I would like to go everyday because of that one rude guy(maybe this was just one bad apple) and also looking at the call-center like work scene.

The recruiter emailed me in a couple of days saying that they would be looking at other candidates. I definitely thought that the recruiting team were very quick, friendly and professional and most of the employees were professional.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SuccessFactors in July 2008.

It started with a phone interview . After that there was an onsite interview where I had 4 rounds of interview. It mainly focused on the technical and the analytical skills. Questions ranged from hard to easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at SuccessFactors in July 2007.

The SuccessFactors recruiter called and spent about 30 minutes describing the company. She also assessed my skills at a very high level. A couple of days later, a technical staff member phone screened me. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. After 5 minutes of describing her role, she got into Java technical questions. Questions such as different between set and list, what is the difference between final, finally, and finalize.

Interview Questions
    • What would you create the equivalent of google suggest?   Answer Question

Worked for SuccessFactors? Contribute to the Community!