SuccessFactors

Updated Nov 4, 2014

3.3

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at SuccessFactors in April 2011.

The interview process is very traditional, mostly standard technical questions, very little code exercise.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a sorting routing, like quick sort   View Answer
  • In Java, can you make a public method protected in its subclass?   View Answer
It's all right. There seism to be a HR protocol in place. You should email them if you are interested in job after the interview, even if you feel very positive.

Other Interview Reviews for SuccessFactors

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at SuccessFactors in October 2010.

I applied online and within a week got a call from a recruiter. She gave me some background about the company and what they are looking for and scheduled a 1 hour phone interview. On the scheduled day the interviewer called me on time, was friendly and asked me a lot of questions on access modifiers, collections, JSP, SQL, etc. We spoke about their competition and how their business is doing. It was a good interview. I got a call from the recruiter the next day and we scheduled an onsite interview.

When I went there, I was a little turned off by the work setting, it looked like a call center where a bunch of people are sitting next to each other, face to face and end-to-end on large tables. It did not seem like a very productive and quiet enviornment. I thought this company was profitable, why dont they get some more space and give each employee "some" privacy.

I was scheduled to meet 5 people. First to interview was a manager, she gave me a technical problem to solve. I did ok on that question, could have done better but I took more time than I generally would have. Then another manager from a different team interviewed me. She mostly asked me questions on my resume and I asked her questions on the company and the work style etc.

The 3rd person who met me was a very senior level person(15+ years experience). From the very start this person was rude and cold. He seemed disgruntled and was not interested in the interview. He asked me some vague design questions and when I asked for further information he made faces and showed me that he did not think highly of me. That made me angry and I decided that I did not want to work with this person, after that even I treated him like I didnt care. Yes the questions he asked me were tough and I probably was not qualified enough for that role, but there is something called professionalism and decency. If he was a representative of Successfactors I did not like what I saw and couldnt imagine working everyday with someone like this.

After him, there was another person who interviewed me.(about 6-7 years experience). He was polite and professional, which bought me back to a normal state of mind. He asked me some tough questions about garbage collection, classloader, synchronization etc. I did ok and he helped me when I was stuck. They clearly needed someone who was more qualified than me in core java.

The last person, some senior engineering manager who was supposed to meet me did not show up which is a sign that they did not find me qualified enough to waste that person's time.

I knew when I left that I would not get an offer, but I also felt like this is not a place where I would like to go everyday because of that one rude guy(maybe this was just one bad apple) and also looking at the call-center like work scene.

The recruiter emailed me in a couple of days saying that they would be looking at other candidates. I definitely thought that the recruiting team were very quick, friendly and professional and most of the employees were professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at SuccessFactors in July 2007.

The SuccessFactors recruiter called and spent about 30 minutes describing the company. She also assessed my skills at a very high level. A couple of days later, a technical staff member phone screened me. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. After 5 minutes of describing her role, she got into Java technical questions. Questions such as different between set and list, what is the difference between final, finally, and finalize.

Interview Questions
    • What would you create the equivalent of google suggest?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

It was very basic interview of programming languages and stuff.First test was really tough but then interview process that followed was quite easy and it want easily for me and I eventually got the job in the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview for an intern position, And then transferred as full-time employee. Interview isn't tough. One people ask question about technique skills. The other for common questions. After round 10 days. They give me offer.

No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SuccessFactors.

There were four rounds in the campus hiring process. 1 written round 2 were technical and one hr.

Written round had multiple choice questions from the basics of Data Structures, OOP and databases.

Technical Round 1:
    1) 2 Sql queries
    2) OOP questions
    3) Basic design questions

Techincal round 2:
    3 coding questions and a puzzle
    Coding questions were on trees and linked list

Hr round had normal HR questions

Interview Questions
    • Nothing very tough. All were general questions   View Answer
    No Negotiation as it was through campus hiring

Software Engineer Interview

SF came to our thapar university .....selection ratio 1:40........ 1st round conducted till now....details of 1st round :

written test of 1 hour.... HR was a tricky minded.... firstly he told us about -1(minus one) negative marking .... but after the test ...disclosed his secret to 4 selected students......
    5 sections
    1- analytical reasng(SIMPLE)
    2-datastructures(DIFFICULT ..... complexities of bucket sort....bogosort.....trees...etc)
    3-database(SIMPLE queries)
    4- C (MEDIUM)
    5-operating system(SIMPLE).... :) :)

Interview Questions
    • bogosort.... herad about it for the first time   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at SuccessFactors.

Got a email from them for a position. Interview setup was smooth. The interviews were in person and lasted an entire day and were a series of 4 interviews. 3 technical and 1 HR.
    The technical interviews were of increasing difficulty.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SuccessFactors in June 2008.

The hiring process was fair and open. Recruiter contacted me ad setup phone interview. Interview was straight forward. They seems to value experience more than any tricky question.To be successful, I guess the best advise is now your resume well. They ask questions which requires understanding the concept well. Some areas are database internals, advance java, basic algo ( dont worry about too much alogrithm).

Interview Questions
    • How would you swap value of 2 numbers without using third variable.   View Answer