Suddenlink Communications

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Direct Sales

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Suddenlink Communications.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call about 8-10 days later requesting an interview. Before the actual interview, the regional sales supervisor and sales recruiter took time to talk with myself and four other potential hires about the company, what the sales rep job entailed, what the pay would be, what was expected etc. This took about 30-40 minutes total, so it was time consuming but very informative. They answered any and all questions I could have possibly thought to ask. After this, the supervisor and recruiter took each one of us back individually for an interview. The actual interview took about ten minutes and was very laid back and easy. All in all, I spent about an hour or so at the office for the info session and interview. The sales supervisor conducting the interviews was a very nice gentleman. Very positive experience and they were very quick getting back to me with the results of the interview.

Interview Question – Not really anything difficult. Pretty typical interview questions.They asked me why I thought I was the best candidate for the position, how I deal with stress/difficult customers, how I feel about interacting with people in face to face sales, etc. If you have prior sales experience you should definitely go into detail about it. They will let you talk as much as you want about your successful past sales experience and methods. Prior sales experience will definitely help you out if you have it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I love sales...but the pay was too low for me at the time. I had just graduated with a bachelor's degree and wanted to keep my options open. Would definitely re-apply in the future if the right job came up.

Sales Interview

Sales

Interviewed at Suddenlink Communications

Interview Details – Very quick interview process with the typical sales questions, nothing major. They are looking mainly for a warm body that can communicate well

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Take it or leave it

Sales Agent Interview

Sales Agent
Tyler, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Suddenlink Communications in February 2010.

Interview Details – Group exercise directed by Agents and HR reps to narrow field of applicants. They wanted group interaction and excitement during exercises. It was a lot like a try-out for a play or theatre production. Some could not buy into it. They were not called back for second round. Tours of center were given and office trivia/scavenger hunt let us meet other managers. Staff seemed friendly. Never had an interview like it.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about working with difficult customers   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

BBT1 Interview

BBT1
Stillwater, OK

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Suddenlink Communications in June 2013.

Interview Details – It is a easy process but takes forever to get the job. HR is slow to get the paperwork done.

Interview Question – They really just want to know about you as a person and your work ethic   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was none, they told me what the pay would be and that was the bottom line. Another guy with 8 year experience started out at the same pay grade as me.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Suddenlink Communications

Interview Details – normal interview process

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Malvern, AR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Suddenlink Communications in October 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was very fast which was great for me. The entire process took about two weeks give or take but I'm guessing it depends on how fast they need to fill the position and how many applicants. The interviewer was the store manager and she was very nice. Most of the questions came from an interview question sheet that are mostly experience questions like "When is a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer". My complete interview lasted about 30 mins. I had a second phone interview with a member of the marketing team which only last about 5 mins not long at all. I got a call the next week with the offer took the drug test did a background check that came back very quickly only about 2 days. I started two weeks later after putting in my two week notice.

Interview Question – No question was really all that difficult they were all pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Russellville, AR

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Suddenlink Communications.

Interview Details – They will call and tell you that you can make up to $200,000 per year. Nobody makes this amount. They will bring you in for an interview and offer you the job on the spot.

Interview Question – All questions are fairly easy. Job history, sales history etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Take it or leave it.

Field Systems Supervisor Interview

Field Systems Supervisor
San Angelo, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Suddenlink Communications in June 2009.

Interview Details – You will be contacted directly by the hiring Plant manager. There are no recruiters. On the phone interview you will be asked the usual questions about your interest in the job, qualifications, starting pay, and when you can begin. if you pass your phone interview, you will be called in for a face to face interview. In the face to face interview, they will ask you behavior questions. Answer the questions by stating the situation, what you did to resolve the situation and the final outcome. They normally like to hire internally to promote morale. So if you are an external candidate you have to be extremely qualified with years of experience to warrant them choosing you over an internal question. There may be an additional face to face meeting. The process is long and could take 4 weeks.

Interview Question – What do you know about Suddenlink? Most people do not research the company they are interested in which is an insult. So do your background research. Be ready to answer why you are the best candidate for the job without using the canned statements, "I'm a hard worker, I'm a fast learner, etc".   View Answer

Universal Customer Care Interview

Universal Customer Care
Greenville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Suddenlink Communications in May 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position, then went for and interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle firing a friend   View Answer

Tech Support - Call Center Interview

Tech Support - Call Center
Saint Joseph, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Suddenlink Communications in May 2012.

Interview Details – I originally applied via the Suddenlink Website and they sent me a link for this test to see how you do with a Call Center environment. It took several months to get back to me, but when they did the process went fairly quickly. There was an initial phone interview consisting of the standard questions and then an invitation for a group interview. This was VERY laid back and put my mind at ease. The day of the group interview (and the day of this writing) I was not offered a position, but they were still in the interview process and said I would be contacted the following Monday about it, one way or the other.

Interview Question – Not really a question, but the mock phone calls were a little unnerving because I didn't know what to expect and I was afraid I would make a mistake.   Answer Question

Worked for Suddenlink Communications? Contribute to the Community!