Sugar Publishing

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sugar Publishing in January 2008.

I was contacted via email and asked to complete a 10 page editorial test complete with bylines, photos, and blog entries. After submitting the document, I was asked to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by the Editor, Managing Editor, and Communications manager. Each person came in separately and asked me the same questions. I was supposed to be interviewed by the CEO as well, but they cut the interview short in the middle because of a "breaking news story" and said the would "call me back" to reschedule. I tried to get in touch with them over the next week and they never answered any of my calls until, 10 days later they finally told me they had hired someone else.

Overall, I found the experience negative, and the staff was somewhat condescending and rude.

Interview Questions