SugarCRM

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Senior Director, Marketing
Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SugarCRM in February 2013.

Interview Details – Series of interviews with top executives.
The interviews were about 30 minutes each. It can be a bit of a whirlwind, but it's good to get multiple perspectives of how the role interacts with multiple departments, etc.
The HR department is very helpful and communicates effectively across the entire process.

Interview Question – Asked about how I;d specifically target a market I had not previously spent much time addressing. Caused me to think out of the box, on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I started as a contractor, there was some confusion as I was actually brought on at a rate less than negotiated (the HR rep I worked with left the company during the process so I think there was some confusion there); but I was quickly hired full time which gave me full benefits and more than made up for the gap in hourly untaxed rate. (Probably saved me a big tax bill in the long run!)

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at SugarCRM.

Interview Details – Good experience through the interview process. The recruiter setup an initial phone screen via email, about a week after the phone interview I was brought on-site to meet the rest of the team. I met with 6 team members and the interview was about 2 1/2 hours. The interviewers were well organized and asked good, relevant questions.

Interview Question – Don't remember. I felt that most questions were assessing my cultural fit within the company.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SugarCRM in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got an email back from them and set up a phone interview.
Talked to them about the company, what my expectations were, how much I was expecting in terms of salary. Walked through my resume and talked about the things I have done, my technical abilities, and what I was interested in working on in the company.

Interview Question – What is a key skill that you have that would benefit the company   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Operations Engineer Interview

Operations Engineer
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SugarCRM in September 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interviews... plenty of scheduled time with various senior management... they never called. I still got the job. The interview process at SugarCRM was the most half-assed one I've ever experienced.

Interview Question – Tell us about the internet?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate... I hated my previous job and was willing to take anything. In hindsight working for SugarCRM was a mistake.

Director of Field Marketing Interview

Director of Field Marketing
Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at SugarCRM in September 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview, then meet hiring mgr and peers of hiring mgr, next visit meet those report to the position and upper mgmt. Although they were trying to move fwd, scheduling extended the process.

Interview Question – Why come from a lg company doing very large deals to a small open source company with a much lower average sale revenue?   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SugarCRM.

Interview Details – As a startup company, there were some hiccups during the hiring process, however they were easily solved.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at SugarCRM.

Interview Details – Had two phone interviews - one with HR (which was mishandled and the recruiter forgot to call me) and a second with the hiring manager. Questions were fairly general and nothing stood out as unusual. Was invited to attend an on-site interview the following week but received an email that they were cancelling the position just a few days later.

Interview Question – None - they were all the standard questions you get in an interview.   Answer Question

Development Interview

Development

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SugarCRM.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got response from the recruiter in 1 day. Had an initial phone screening with the recruiter, then another phone screening with the hiring manager. Then had on-site interviews with people I will work with. The hiring team was very efficient and professional. I liked the fact that Sugar has a dedicated coordinator that coordinate meetings. Recruiters can focus on recruiting. Overall experience was very positive.

Interview Question – If you were hired, what are the things you would do first?   Answer Question

Worked for SugarCRM? Contribute to the Community!