SugarCRM

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.9

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

A bit of a disaster. After several interviews I had the last one with 4 management positions. One of them didn't show up and after a phone call where they told me we were gonna reschedule the interview, I never heard back from them except for the typical email template telling me I was discarded.

SugarCRM Response

Jan 29, 2015Talent Program Manager

We are very sorry you did not have a positive experience. That was certainly not the normal interview experience that we have here at SugarCRM. We strive for positive candidate experience here at ... More

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SugarCRM.

Good experience through the interview process. The recruiter setup an initial phone screen via email, about a week after the phone interview I was brought on-site to meet the rest of the team. I met with 6 team members and the interview was about 2 1/2 hours. The interviewers were well organized and asked good, relevant questions.

Interview Questions
    • Don't remember. I felt that most questions were assessing my cultural fit within the company.   Answer Question

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SugarCRM in February 2013.

Series of interviews with top executives.
    The interviews were about 30 minutes each. It can be a bit of a whirlwind, but it's good to get multiple perspectives of how the role interacts with multiple departments, etc.
    The HR department is very helpful and communicates effectively across the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how I;d specifically target a market I had not previously spent much time addressing. Caused me to think out of the box, on the spot.   Answer Question
    I started as a contractor, there was some confusion as I was actually brought on at a rate less than negotiated (the HR rep I worked with left the company during the process so I think there was some confusion there); but I was quickly hired full time which gave me full benefits and more than made up for the gap in hourly untaxed rate. (Probably saved me a big tax bill in the long run!)

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SugarCRM in October 2012.

Got an email back from them and set up a phone interview.
    Talked to them about the company, what my expectations were, how much I was expecting in terms of salary. Walked through my resume and talked about the things I have done, my technical abilities, and what I was interested in working on in the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is a key skill that you have that would benefit the company   Answer Question

Director of Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SugarCRM in September 2009.

Initial phone interview, then meet hiring mgr and peers of hiring mgr, next visit meet those report to the position and upper mgmt. Although they were trying to move fwd, scheduling extended the process.

Interview Questions
    • Why come from a lg company doing very large deals to a small open source company with a much lower average sale revenue?   View Answer

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SugarCRM in September 2009.

Phone interviews... plenty of scheduled time with various senior management... they never called. I still got the job. The interview process at SugarCRM was the most half-assed one I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate... I hated my previous job and was willing to take anything. In hindsight working for SugarCRM was a mistake.

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at SugarCRM in January 2015.

It was a 30 minute interview, but once I got into the Skype call, the interviewer went straight into technical questions. There were no behavioral questions, and he did not ask me about anything on the resume. The technical questions consisted mostly of JavaScript ones, and he asked more than 10 within the 30 minute time.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between public, private, and protected variables?   Answer Question
    • Gave me a question asking for the output, utilizes the concept of "hoisting"   Answer Question

Praktikant Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SugarCRM.

Als Startup-Firma gab es während des Einstellungsprozesses ein paar kleine Pannen, aber die waren leicht zu beheben.

As a startup company, there were some hiccups during the hiring process, however they were easily solved.

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at SugarCRM.

Had two phone interviews - one with HR (which was mishandled and the recruiter forgot to call me) and a second with the hiring manager. Questions were fairly general and nothing stood out as unusual. Was invited to attend an on-site interview the following week but received an email that they were cancelling the position just a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • None - they were all the standard questions you get in an interview.   Answer Question

Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at SugarCRM.

Applied online. Got response from the recruiter in 1 day. Had an initial phone screening with the recruiter, then another phone screening with the hiring manager. Then had on-site interviews with people I will work with. The hiring team was very efficient and professional. I liked the fact that Sugar has a dedicated coordinator that coordinate meetings. Recruiters can focus on recruiting. Overall experience was very positive.

Interview Questions
    • If you were hired, what are the things you would do first?   Answer Question