SugarCRM Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.8

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. The lead recruiter, who was my point of contact was very professional and helpful from start to finish. Initial phone screening, followed by a phone interview with hiring manager, followed by on-site interview with 3-4 members of upper management. They will definitely test your knowledge of sales and the industry and you will have to sell yourself as a valuable candidate. With that said, the entire interview process was one of the most positive and organized I've experienced in this industry. Everyone from the recruiter to the vp of sales was cordial, smart, and professional.

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SugarCRM in February 2015.

Interview

Initially the interview was very good. Both the Hiring Manager, HR and Supporting teams saw a good fit on my background and accomplishments. Throughout my career, I was always a top performer and come from a name brand company. There was one last final interview with a Sales person that was very ackward. Based on feedback from my internal sources, Sugar ended up hiring "third stringers" for the position. I can see where some of the Company reviews are coming from that Management seem lost.

Interview Questions

Interview

A bit of a disaster. After several interviews I had the last one with 4 management positions. One of them didn't show up and after a phone call where they told me we were gonna reschedule the interview, I never heard back from them except for the typical email template telling me I was discarded.

Interview Questions

SugarCRM Response

Jan 29, 2015 – Talent Program Manager

We are very sorry you did not have a positive experience. That was certainly not the normal interview experience that we have here at SugarCRM. We strive for positive candidate experience here at ... More

Office Administrator/Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The process was very smooth. The recruiter was very quick to reply to any emails. The process in general was very quick, I just happened to be the first on-site candidate so I needed to wait for others to be considered. Great on-site experience as well which included a tour during the second round.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SugarCRM.

Interview

Good experience through the interview process. The recruiter setup an initial phone screen via email, about a week after the phone interview I was brought on-site to meet the rest of the team. I met with 6 team members and the interview was about 2 1/2 hours. The interviewers were well organized and asked good, relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember. I felt that most questions were assessing my cultural fit within the company.   Answer Question

Senior Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Series of interviews with top executives. The interviews were about 30 minutes each. It can be a bit of a whirlwind, but it's good to get multiple perspectives of how the role interacts with multiple departments, etc. The HR department is very helpful and communicates effectively across the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I;d specifically target a market I had not previously spent much time addressing. Caused me to think out of the box, on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I started as a contractor, there was some confusion as I was actually brought on at a rate less than negotiated (the HR rep I worked with left the company during the process so I think there was some confusion there); but I was quickly hired full time which gave me full benefits and more than made up for the gap in hourly untaxed rate. (Probably saved me a big tax bill in the long run!)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at SugarCRM in October 2012.

Interview

Got an email back from them and set up a phone interview. Talked to them about the company, what my expectations were, how much I was expecting in terms of salary. Walked through my resume and talked about the things I have done, my technical abilities, and what I was interested in working on in the company.

Interview Questions

• What is a key skill that you have that would benefit the company   Answer Question

Director of Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview, then meet hiring mgr and peers of hiring mgr, next visit meet those report to the position and upper mgmt. Although they were trying to move fwd, scheduling extended the process.

Interview Questions

• Why come from a lg company doing very large deals to a small open source company with a much lower average sale revenue?   1 Answer

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SugarCRM (Atlanta, GA) in September 2009.

Interview

Phone interviews... plenty of scheduled time with various senior management... they never called. I still got the job. The interview process at SugarCRM was the most half-assed one I've ever experienced.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the internet?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate... I hated my previous job and was willing to take anything. In hindsight working for SugarCRM was a mistake.

Front-End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SugarCRM (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a 30 minute interview, but once I got into the Skype call, the interviewer went straight into technical questions. There were no behavioral questions, and he did not ask me about anything on the resume. The technical questions consisted mostly of JavaScript ones, and he asked more than 10 within the 30 minute time.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between public, private, and protected variables?   Answer Question
    • Gave me a question asking for the output, utilizes the concept of "hoisting"   Answer Question