SugarSync Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

Application

I applied online – interviewed at SugarSync in January 2013.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter is painful. She goes over everything and keeps saying "red flag". Why does a layoff mean a red flag? She expects perfect match and tells the candidate its fault for everything. I'm not sure how they get people. I did manage to get the hiring manager on the phone.He was a tech guy. So the questions were more on distributed systems.

Interview Questions

• Explain why your last few companies laid off people and why were you in it   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SugarSync (San Mateo, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

It was smooth. Asked basic questions related to my last jobs

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SugarSync (San Mateo, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview covers mostly background and experience, with a smattering of technical questions. They're looking for team fit in the phone interview.

Face-to-face interview covers mostly technical questions. There were various questions regarding frontend and backend aspects of large scale web application development. Other questions involve familiarity with Java UI frameworks.

Interview Questions

• What are the pros or cons in implementing grids using div or table?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SugarSync (San Mateo, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter to SugarSync as a software developer for Linux. I visited their office and talked to multiple other developers. They were asking a good set of questions to test my knowledge about Linux software development.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the details of the interview questions. They were asking to design an algorithm to work on a large set of data (filter and merge).   Answer Question

work location was too inconvenient for daily commute.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SugarSync (Peoria, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by one of the Recruiter and she set me up with the interview with SugarSync.
    I did the phone interview and both John and Debbie were really nice. Then asked me several CSR related questions and I answered all the questions. I also got hired over the phone interview and there was no in person interview happened.

Interview Questions

• Customer called the support and stated that the product is not working. What questions and steps you will take to help this user.   1 Answer
    • What is port 21?   1 Answer
    • What are different types of port, like http vs https   1 Answer