SugarSync Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at SugarSync

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at SugarSync in January 2013.

Phone screen with the recruiter is painful. She goes over everything and keeps saying "red flag". Why does a layoff mean a red flag? She expects perfect match and tells the candidate its fault for everything. I'm not sure how they get people. I did manage to get the hiring manager on the phone.He was a tech guy. So the questions were more on distributed systems.

Interview Questions
    • Explain why your last few companies laid off people and why were you in it   Answer Question

QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at SugarSync in April 2012.

It was smooth. Asked basic questions related to my last jobs

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SugarSync in March 2012.

Phone interview covers mostly background and experience, with a smattering of technical questions. They're looking for team fit in the phone interview.

Face-to-face interview covers mostly technical questions. There were various questions regarding frontend and backend aspects of large scale web application development. Other questions involve familiarity with Java UI frameworks.

Interview Questions
    • What are the pros or cons in implementing grids using div or table?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SugarSync in April 2011.

I was referred by a recruiter to SugarSync as a software developer for Linux. I visited their office and talked to multiple other developers. They were asking a good set of questions to test my knowledge about Linux software development.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the details of the interview questions. They were asking to design an algorithm to work on a large set of data (filter and merge).   Answer Question

work location was too inconvenient for daily commute.