Sullivan Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sullivan

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sullivan.

Showed up for my meeting 15 minutes early, security called up and let me on the elevator. I walked into the "lobby" and was greeted by no one. The office seemed like a mortuary. When the receptionist finally arrived at the front desk 15 minutes later I decided to decline my interview and left. I would never want to work for a place where that is the first impression. I would be very wary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sullivan in June 2014.

A professor from my college recommended that I apply to Sullivan. After forwarding my resume, I was contacted several weeks later and asked to interview in NYC. The experience could not have been any more pleasant. They went out of their way to be accommodating. For example, they were aware of my approaching graduation date before I had even mentioned it to them, and they gave me the option of interviewing via the phone if in-person didn't suit me. The woman who works in HR was so kind in her correspondence, and I remember thinking it was the nicest HR team I had dealt with during my job search. The actual interview lasted several hours and I met with six different members of the Sullivan team from all different levels. The beautiful office alone would have made it worth the trip, not to mention how intelligent and enjoyable the Sullivan team was to speak with. The introductory questions quickly turned into conversation and I left feeling as though I had really connected with the team. Unlike many of the big corporations and consulting firms I had interviewed with, Sullivan made me feel valued as a person, regardless of my status as a college student. In summary, HR really treated me well. Sullivan's kindness distinguished it from everywhere else I had interviewed. When HR called me several days later and extended me the position, I accepted right away!

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty straightforward behavioral questions. Typical "walk me through your resume," etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sullivan in May 2014.

Submitted my resume/cover letter, and heard back a week later. I went in for an interview with 2 team members that lasted about 1.5 hours. Despite sending multiple follow-up emails, I wasn't contacted until 3 weeks later, when I was brought in for 5 more interviews, 30 minutes each. All of them were very enjoyable, with very smart people. 2 weeks later, HR contacted me asking for writing samples and promised a decision within the week. They never followed up by the end of the week, and as I had a deadline a few days later for another offer, I explained my situation. The HR woman responded by promising to give me an offer or a rejection in time for me to respond to my other offer. But 2 hours after her promised deadline, she emailed and said that while the team was very interested in my candidacy, it still hadn't come to a decision (after 5 weeks?) and needed until the end of the week. I decided to just accept the other offer; I would've loved to work here, but they were very uncommunicative and disrespectful with my time throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself, why you want to work here, what's your work style   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sullivan in April 2014.

I had both a pleasant and professional experience with the hiring process at Sullivan. I applied for the Associate Analyst position through my school's online career portal where I was asked to submit a resume (and perhaps also a cover letter…I can't remember). I followed up with the recruiter and heard back immediately. I had three ~45 minute long interviews at the office. 2 with people I'd be working for/with directly and 1 with the recruiter. Everyone was candid and intelligent. I was then asked to submit a brief writing sample, and within the next few days I was given an offer. Sullivan was sensitive to the fact that I was considering other options and kindly extended my decision time by a week. Ultimately I am so happy to have chosen Sullivan!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sullivan in April 2012.

It was more of an informational interview. I met with an analyst and Barbara Sullivan for 2 separate 30 minute interviews. There were no difficult or procedural questions it was all behavioral. Both really nice people and the experience itself was enjoyable.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sullivan in January 2010.

Submitted resume at career fair and waited for call. After some rescheduling, had phone interview and submitted samples. Was assured that they would be reviewed and I would be called for freelance opportunities in the near future. After a few attempts to follow up, I gave up. No letter. No email. No call.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about b2b writing? Would you be bored?   Answer Question