Sullivan University

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sullivan University.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview asked typical questions about history, why you would be a good fit, and sales experience. There were no real questions asked, most of the time was spent with the two managers discussing things they do not like about other departments. Very easy interview.

Interview Question – None. This was the easiest interview of my career.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I said that I thought the pay was too low, they increased it.

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sullivan University.

Interview Details – I was asked to return for a second interview after what seemed like a very promising first interview, both times with a panel of interviewers, and both times 4 different people. At the beginning of the second interview I was shown around and introduced to pretty much the entire department. I hung out with them for a while and just chatted casually about the work culture and the job. Looked promising. At the interview I was asked all the same questions as in the first interview. At the end I was told that I was 1 of 6 interviewees, and there were 6 open positions. To me this is an unofficial way of saying I got the job. They said they would call me by the end of the next week, and even after I called back the following week to see if the position was filled, I never heard back from them, not even to tell me I didn't get the job. Pretty unprofessional.

Interview Question – "If a low-income, at-risk student asked you for advice on a college to attend, would you tell them to go to community college, or a for-profit college?"   View Answer

Senior Associate Director of Admissions Interview

Senior Associate Director of Admissions
Louisville, KY

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Sullivan University in July 2011.

Interview Details – Long process but worth the time and work required.

Interview Question – Many 'what if' scenarios. Advise to answer honestly and not to over think responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not difficult.

Very Easy Interview

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sullivan University in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was informal, no real discussion of expectations. There was gossip about other departments and how negative they were. I could hear employees complaining while waiting for the interview about students and other employees.

Interview Question – I was not really asked any questions. It was as if I was a counselor and the interviewer was venting to me about all the issues. There were people dressed professionally and some that looked like they could care less how they looked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The initial offer was low and I was able to negotiate up just a little bit. After I was hired I found out that I was still way underpaid compared to the main staff.

Admissions Officer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sullivan University in July 2012.

Interview Details – I had a preliminary phone interview, then an in-person interview on campus with the Director of Admissions, Academic Dean, and Campus Director. It was all pretty basic stuff - although after I completed the interview and accepted the job offer, I discovered that they had used much of the interview time to be misleading about what the actual job entailed.

Interview Question – Mostly just a lot of "have you ever experienced..." and "how would you handle..." questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase - I literally just got a packet in the mail with a letter saying I'd been hired and what my salary would be. No phone call, email, anything. I had to call the campus myself to confirm that I did, in fact, receive it. The only thing I tried to negotiate was the starting date - I'd informed them during the interview that I would need at least two weeks notice to give to my then-current employer, but they only gave me one week before I was expected to start. They would not budge on that. Should have known then...

Career Services Interview

Career Services
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sullivan University in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was brief. I had what I thought was a great interview. I was told the interviewer would be in touch within a week or two. Two weeks later I followed up and was told that he would get back with me in a week and a half. After multiple follow ups and no contact from them, I can only assume I did not get the job. Very unprofessional for a "career services" department.

Interview Question – Why you?   Answer Question

Admissions Officer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sullivan University.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for a phone screening. Upon successful completion of that, I was asked to complete a questionnaire/personality profile online. I found that very difficult to do, as some of the questions were hard to answer. Such as "have you ever thought negatively about someone else?". Obviously we all have at some point or another so I was left with answering truthfully and making myself look bad, or lying and risk them knowing Im lying. Anyway, I was called about a week after I completed the profile and asked to do an in person interview with the director of admissions and the corporate training manager. The following day I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Why do you think the admissions position and the education industry is a good fit for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fellow co-workers did negotiate their pay and made slightly more than I did.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sullivan University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sullivan University interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sullivan University employees and interview candidates.