Sullivan University

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.3

Cook Interview

not much of a interview process they sit down and ask about past work and tells you about what they expect from you. they will talk about the hours and ask you if you have any questions for him if not then that is the end of the interview

Interview Questions
    there was no wiggle room

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sullivan University.

There was really no interview process as the position was created and designed specifically for me to accept this leadership role in a newly designed position. The interview was really based on years of service to the University and proven track record for success in the position.

Fair and balanced

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sullivan University.

Initial phone interview asked typical questions about history, why you would be a good fit, and sales experience. There were no real questions asked, most of the time was spent with the two managers discussing things they do not like about other departments. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions
    I said that I thought the pay was too low, they increased it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sullivan University.

I was asked to return for a second interview after what seemed like a very promising first interview, both times with a panel of interviewers, and both times 4 different people. At the beginning of the second interview I was shown around and introduced to pretty much the entire department. I hung out with them for a while and just chatted casually about the work culture and the job. Looked promising. At the interview I was asked all the same questions as in the first interview. At the end I was told that I was 1 of 6 interviewees, and there were 6 open positions. To me this is an unofficial way of saying I got the job. They said they would call me by the end of the next week, and even after I called back the following week to see if the position was filled, I never heard back from them, not even to tell me I didn't get the job. Pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • "If a low-income, at-risk student asked you for advice on a college to attend, would you tell them to go to community college, or a for-profit college?"   View Answer

Admissions Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sullivan University in July 2012.

I had a preliminary phone interview, then an in-person interview on campus with the Director of Admissions, Academic Dean, and Campus Director. It was all pretty basic stuff - although after I completed the interview and accepted the job offer, I discovered that they had used much of the interview time to be misleading about what the actual job entailed.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly just a lot of "have you ever experienced..." and "how would you handle..." questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation phase - I literally just got a packet in the mail with a letter saying I'd been hired and what my salary would be. No phone call, email, anything. I had to call the campus myself to confirm that I did, in fact, receive it. The only thing I tried to negotiate was the starting date - I'd informed them during the interview that I would need at least two weeks notice to give to my then-current employer, but they only gave me one week before I was expected to start. They would not budge on that. Should have known then...

Senior Associate Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sullivan University in July 2011.

Long process but worth the time and work required.

Interview Questions
    • Many 'what if' scenarios. Advise to answer honestly and not to over think responses.   Answer Question
    Not difficult.

Career Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sullivan University in March 2011.

The interview process was brief. I had what I thought was a great interview. I was told the interviewer would be in touch within a week or two. Two weeks later I followed up and was told that he would get back with me in a week and a half. After multiple follow ups and no contact from them, I can only assume I did not get the job. Very unprofessional for a "career services" department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sullivan University in October 2010.

The interview was informal, no real discussion of expectations. There was gossip about other departments and how negative they were. I could hear employees complaining while waiting for the interview about students and other employees.

Interview Questions
    • I was not really asked any questions. It was as if I was a counselor and the interviewer was venting to me about all the issues. There were people dressed professionally and some that looked like they could care less how they looked.   Answer Question
    The initial offer was low and I was able to negotiate up just a little bit. After I was hired I found out that I was still way underpaid compared to the main staff.

Admissions Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sullivan University.

I applied online and was called for a phone screening. Upon successful completion of that, I was asked to complete a questionnaire/personality profile online. I found that very difficult to do, as some of the questions were hard to answer. Such as "have you ever thought negatively about someone else?". Obviously we all have at some point or another so I was left with answering truthfully and making myself look bad, or lying and risk them knowing Im lying. Anyway, I was called about a week after I completed the profile and asked to do an in person interview with the director of admissions and the corporate training manager. The following day I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think the admissions position and the education industry is a good fit for you?   Answer Question
    Fellow co-workers did negotiate their pay and made slightly more than I did.