Sullivan University Interview Questions & Reviews in Kentucky

2.3

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sullivan University.

There was really no interview process as the position was created and designed specifically for me to accept this leadership role in a newly designed position. The interview was really based on years of service to the University and proven track record for success in the position.

Fair and balanced

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sullivan University.

Initial phone interview asked typical questions about history, why you would be a good fit, and sales experience. There were no real questions asked, most of the time was spent with the two managers discussing things they do not like about other departments. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions
    I said that I thought the pay was too low, they increased it.

Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sullivan University.

I was asked to return for a second interview after what seemed like a very promising first interview, both times with a panel of interviewers, and both times 4 different people. At the beginning of the second interview I was shown around and introduced to pretty much the entire department. I hung out with them for a while and just chatted casually about the work culture and the job. Looked promising. At the interview I was asked all the same questions as in the first interview. At the end I was told that I was 1 of 6 interviewees, and there were 6 open positions. To me this is an unofficial way of saying I got the job. They said they would call me by the end of the next week, and even after I called back the following week to see if the position was filled, I never heard back from them, not even to tell me I didn't get the job. Pretty unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • "If a low-income, at-risk student asked you for advice on a college to attend, would you tell them to go to community college, or a for-profit college?"   View Answer

Senior Associate Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Sullivan University in July 2011.

Long process but worth the time and work required.

Interview Questions
    • Many 'what if' scenarios. Advise to answer honestly and not to over think responses.   Answer Question
    Not difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sullivan University in October 2010.

The interview was informal, no real discussion of expectations. There was gossip about other departments and how negative they were. I could hear employees complaining while waiting for the interview about students and other employees.

Interview Questions
    • I was not really asked any questions. It was as if I was a counselor and the interviewer was venting to me about all the issues. There were people dressed professionally and some that looked like they could care less how they looked.   Answer Question
    The initial offer was low and I was able to negotiate up just a little bit. After I was hired I found out that I was still way underpaid compared to the main staff.

Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sullivan University in March 2011.

The interview process was brief. I had what I thought was a great interview. I was told the interviewer would be in touch within a week or two. Two weeks later I followed up and was told that he would get back with me in a week and a half. After multiple follow ups and no contact from them, I can only assume I did not get the job. Very unprofessional for a "career services" department.

Interview Questions

Worked for Sullivan University? Contribute to the Community!