SumTotal Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online. The position was for a senior software engineer. Talked with the recruiter and everything sounded alright. Then I was scheduled to speak with the hiring manager to have an interview. The process as explained to me was an initial screen with the recruiter, a phone interview with the hiring manager, and then an interview on site. My first phone interview, the manager called me earlier to reschedule, which I did. But then he never called after re-scheduling. And then when he finally did call, it was a totally different name/person than who I was supposed to be interviewing with. I thought I had done fairly well on this process. I then got a call back the next day from the recruiter who said after talking to me, they feel like I'm a fit for the mid level software engineer position, which I was okay with. They said they were working on creating the position and talking it over with the team and manager and would get back to me. So I waited a few days, and heard nothing. I emailed them back the start of the following week and the recruiter said she would have an answer by the end of the week. Well, a week later I emailed them back to see if they had an update, and nothing. No reply at all. From the first time the manager didn't call me when he was supposed to, was an indicator that their accountability sucks. And It's also very unprofessional to leave someone hanging mid process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. I applied online, got a call in a few days. Had an online assessment. Mostly Math and Puzzles, which image is odd one out etc. Then had an onsite interview. Again same assessment test. Then 2 rounds of interview. 1 st round Asked about Networking and skills required for Resume. Did not have second interview as manager was not available. Asked a lot about my Resume as well

Interview Questions

• I had mentioned a project in my Resume. Unfortunately It was done 4 years ago in undergrad and I was not up to date on it and forgot a small detail in the project   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal.

Interview

You will be asked to take the online IQ exam, if you pass you will be asked to take it a second time after a round of phone interviews but this time its proctored, and then another inperson interview after

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Interview

Wow would consider applying but after looking at their photo on careerbuilder, I reconsidered. The photo shows about 15 men ( no women) all about same age (middle) same race. Scary considering usually someone in marketing would point out this lack of diversity, Since the company does not show sensitivity in how they portray themselves to potential future employees, I am inclined to think they do not have a sensitive company culture...

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Remote, OR).

Interview

A recruiter from SumTotal contacted me from my online profile. I was sent an application and assessment test (similar to IQ test) to complete. A week later, I was asked to do a 2nd assessment/IQ in front of a proctor over my webcam. This seemed like overkill, and a lot of time on my part prior to any interview. About 2 weeks later, I met with the hiring manager for a phone interview. He loved my resume, but thought the amount of travel may be an issue. I was called for a 2nd phone interview with another manager who pretty much wanted to brag about his college degrees. I got the feeling that he was a little disconnected from the position. Although I researched the company before my prior interviews, I neglected to recheck their website before the 2nd round. Of course, there was an announcement that the company was acquired by Skillsoft a couple of days before. It was a faux pas on my part, and I knew that I couldn't recover. The recruiter was very responsive during the process, but the process itself was too complex. There are typically 2 rounds of assessments followed by 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? -- make sure to check for major announcements before each round of interviews   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I had applied online. The recruiting manager got back to me in a couple of weeks. They invited me onsite and made me take a 50 minute aptitude and attitude assessment test. Following that I spoke to some of the team members with whom I would be working with. I was told I would have an interview with my manager but I didn't have one. I guess the technical was good enough.

Interview Questions

• What are the technologies you are most comfortable with?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Assessment test followed by a couple of phone interviews. On-site interview followed by a verification test. The assessment test had both personality and IQ questions and the verification test was a shorter version of the IQ test. Their HR department is excellent and very helpful.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very easy. The difficult part was the assessment test and the difficult part was the time limit.   Answer Question

Low salary

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SumTotal.

Interview

You'll take an online logic test. This test will determine if you even have a chance of a job. I've heard that there has been very talented persons doing poorly on the test and still being refused a job. If you were referred you will ALWAYS have an in person interview. Even though the test score is recorded instantly you will not know going into the in-person interview if you passed or failed.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult is the computer test. It can be onsite or offsite. There are a bunch of analytical questions. The questions are random.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They're going to low ball you.

Account Manager Interview

Application

Interview

All communications between hiring manager was between recruiter. Recruiter was very responsive to both phone and emails. I had 5 interviews with each one of the VPs and senior team management team. Questions revolved around how to handle customer/business interaction, experiences in field, etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding doing liaison work? How do you infuence people who you don't have direct management control over?   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiation seemed to be in employee's favor, I ended up on the higher end of the range offered.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SumTotal (Gainesville, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Do web test first. The test has 2 parts, first part is for character, and second part is for logical