Summa Health System Interview Questions in Akron, OH

1.7

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

CDI DRG Clinical Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Summa Health System.

Dealing with HR was a nightmare. First off the communication wasn't up to par. VMs & a lot of uncertainty and condescending remarks about compensation. Did get to schedule an interview because Maria stated that they are looking for internal candidates which isn't true still have job posted.

Interview Questions
    • HR asking about pay before even scheduling an interview very unprofessional to me.CDI's based on experience, education, and ACA being in affect. there is certain pay you have to give to whom ever is in the position. I'm single with no kids or husband I do not get tax breaks.   Answer Question

Coordinator, GME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Summa Health System.

First meeting with two directors, next meeting was group interview with several doctors and managers. HR was supposed to walk me to interview. Had to wait in HR reception area. HR manager showed up 20 minutes late, which the interviewers clearly thought it was me that was late.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Very straight forward interview.   Answer Question
    HR manager low balled me and tried to tell me that I'd be getting a raise in six months and could negotiate up at that time. I turned her down. When department found out, they offered me a higher salary.

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Summa Health System in March 2010.

Summa leadership team was very prompt and professional. Initial interviews were held over the phone with directors and physicians. Questions were concise, yet not repetitive. The questions differed greatly between directors (focus on operations and financials) and physicians (staff management and scheduling), which is typical.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe to me what you understand about ACOs?   View Answer
    • How do you manage remotely?   View Answer
    My experience placed me at the top of their pay scale. Hospital pay scales are very ridged and inflexible. No negotiation on pay, however, there were three positions available that varied in responsibility and difficulty which allowed me some decision making.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Summa Health System in November 2009.

I was given the name of a supervisor and there were two subsequent telephone conversations and then one interview with HR, when interviewed by HR the one staff member the interview was set up with was terminated and I had to wait when I arrived for my interview for a staff member to be come available to take the time to interview me for the requested position.

Interview Questions
    • The interview lasted approximately 5 minutes and consisted of questions regarding availability and past expierence   Answer Question
    T the time I was offered what i was looking for in regards to position. The location was not ideal an the pay was not what I had hoped for. I was assured when i was offered the position that i would have a 90 day and then 6 month review which I would be eligible for a slight raise. The raise was ten cents and almost 3 and a half years ago.