Summa Health System Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2014

2.1

CDI DRG Clinical Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Summa Health System.

Dealing with HR was a nightmare. First off the communication wasn't up to par. VMs & a lot of uncertainty and condescending remarks about compensation. Did get to schedule an interview because Maria stated that they are looking for internal candidates which isn't true still have job posted.

Interview Questions
    • HR asking about pay before even scheduling an interview very unprofessional to me.CDI's based on experience, education, and ACA being in affect. there is certain pay you have to give to whom ever is in the position. I'm single with no kids or husband I do not get tax breaks.   Answer Question

Coordinator, GME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Summa Health System.

First meeting with two directors, next meeting was group interview with several doctors and managers. HR was supposed to walk me to interview. Had to wait in HR reception area. HR manager showed up 20 minutes late, which the interviewers clearly thought it was me that was late.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Very straight forward interview.   Answer Question
    HR manager low balled me and tried to tell me that I'd be getting a raise in six months and could negotiate up at that time. I turned her down. When department found out, they offered me a higher salary.

Clinical Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Summa Health System.

The interview and hiring process was very lengthy. I interviewed with HR, then with the manager of the area, then with the Physician in charge of the area, then with the staff I would be working with. 4 separate interviews - 4 - 35 mile commutes

Interview Questions
    only negotiated the start date. After the interview process, I was expected to start NOW

Medical Billers/Certified Coders Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Uniontown, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uniontown, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Summa Health System in January 2014.

Newspaper advertisement announced a "Career Fair" and indicated that positions for 1st and 2nd shift was available for medical billing, certified coders. When I arrived, there were signs giving directions into the building and people were readily available to answer questions and give instructions as to what floor/room preemployment testing was given in, as well as sign up sheets for the interview process. Over all everything was well organized and went very smoothly. The newspaper advertisement simply listed what they were looking for. As a Certified Coding Associate CCA I was unsure from the advert.as to whether or not they needed coders so I thought I would give the interview a try. The interviewer was honest and very helpful in explaning what the positions entailed, willingness to train, as well as discussing the general job market for billing and coding.

Interview Questions
    • In your past work experience, what would you consider to be the most difficult situation that you had to deal with, and how did you feel about it?   Answer Question

When I mentioned that the advert indicated that they were looking for Certified Coders, I was told that they they were "scrubbers" for Summa's billing process so claims went through them to be evaluated according to the different insurers requirements as well as handling declines, and they wanted people with certification so they would know they were familiar with ICD-9 and CPT codes, but they did not have coding positions available.

Registed Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Summa Health System.

The hiring and interview process was professional and complete. I appreciate all the hard work the HR department does.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation available. They made an offer and stuck to it.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Summa Health System in November 2009.

I was given the name of a supervisor and there were two subsequent telephone conversations and then one interview with HR, when interviewed by HR the one staff member the interview was set up with was terminated and I had to wait when I arrived for my interview for a staff member to be come available to take the time to interview me for the requested position.

Interview Questions
    • The interview lasted approximately 5 minutes and consisted of questions regarding availability and past expierence   Answer Question
    T the time I was offered what i was looking for in regards to position. The location was not ideal an the pay was not what I had hoped for. I was assured when i was offered the position that i would have a 90 day and then 6 month review which I would be eligible for a slight raise. The raise was ten cents and almost 3 and a half years ago.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Summa Health System in February 2012.

I do not remember much of this experience but I only remember having one interview. I did communicate with the human resource manager several times on the phone since I was not the usual person applying for the position. Most interviews in my lifetime, questions have been why do your want to work here and what do you think the characteristics need to be of you and others in this environment. Part of my process I was given a handout book of the HIPPA laws and of the OBRA laws. I also have to submit to a TB test (it was over a span of two weeks since it was a 2-step). Since I volunteered at a hospital, everything had it owns place so the ability to go and in out of the building can be quite simple. The office where the interview took place was in a little hallway near the front entrance. The process also included learning how wheelchairs work so I interacted with another employee.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult questions since the very basic of the process was very simple.   Answer Question

Research Billing Compliance Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Summa Health System.

Took on the role before offered position, no formal interview was required.

They would not budge on the dollar amount offered.

Director Interview

Formal, and technical. The second interview onwards was easier.

Practice Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Summa Health System in March 2010.

Summa leadership team was very prompt and professional. Initial interviews were held over the phone with directors and physicians. Questions were concise, yet not repetitive. The questions differed greatly between directors (focus on operations and financials) and physicians (staff management and scheduling), which is typical.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe to me what you understand about ACOs?   View Answer
    • How do you manage remotely?   View Answer
    My experience placed me at the top of their pay scale. Hospital pay scales are very ridged and inflexible. No negotiation on pay, however, there were three positions available that varied in responsibility and difficulty which allowed me some decision making.

Worked for Summa Health System? Contribute to the Community!