Summa Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Summa Technologies

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Summa Technologies in February 2015.

Interview

Total process took about two months. I had a personal referral for the position so I had an initial conversation over the phone with one of the senior leadership. Then had two rounds of in person discussions with the head of HR and the CEO. Finally a full day internal with the senior leadership team (five interviews of about an hour each). Overall was a positive experience. HR was very helpful during the process, and I was impressed with everyone's level of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to deliver bad news to a client or manager.   Answer Question

Visual Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Summa Technologies in December 2014.

Interview

First step was a phone interview with the HR and then A phone interview with a Designer (team member). Next a design challenge followed by a presentation of the design challenge at a group interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Summa Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. First, a technical screen by phone is completed. This is somewhat informal... the questions do not go too 'deep', but can be challenging. Next you are given a 'behavior/personality exam' of sorts. If you make the cut you interview at the main office and over the course of the day you will meet with 3, 4 or 5 veterans of the company. This is a LONG interview process and you should expect to spend the whole day there. You will be given a written technical exam, you will meet with several technical people and given problems to 'talk out'. During lunch your "people skills" are assessed. Finally you will meet with the head of operations to learn more about the company and how things might work moving forward.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Summa Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

1. Started with 1.5 hours Q&A and needed to draw UML or diagrams; Met three devs for technical 1:1. 2. Met managements for organizational information, ans mentioned the job I applied for may be demoted to lower level; 3. Management described the company fast-growing and successful; 4.From submitting online app to on-site it took 3-4 weeks; 5.One of three interviewee didn't prepare for the interview questions;

Interview Questions

• Be asked to review code, threading handling, design patterns.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Summa Technologies in February 2013.

Interview

I had a phone screen with an HR recruiter, then a phone screen with a technical person, then took a personality test, then had 1 on 1 interviews with several management and technical people

Interview Questions

• There were some questions which had many possible answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was using a staffing agency and joining as contract-to-hire, there was no negotiation.