Summer Search Interview Questions

3.3

Program Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Summer Search.

Overall, very unorganized and left me not wanting to work this organization. There was nobody in the office when I arrived, the interview room was messy, and I met another candidate prior to my interview (which I feel is unprofessional of Summer Search to schedule interviews so close as to allow this).

I has a phone interview first, and came in for an on-site interview. I very quickly got the memo that you are expected to do exactly as they say...they have their own strict process to follow. This is fine unless you are a creative, bright, innovative, and motivated person. Basically, you have to drink the Summer Search Kool-Aid to survive. Your own ideas are not welcome. It seemed rather strange and could account for the high turnover.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't discuss my resume, work experience, or qualifications at all.   Answer Question

National Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Summer Search in December 2012.

After I misunderstood the date a phone interview was scheduled and conducted over the phone with the Director of Development Operations. The interview started with too much useless information about the origin and names of people of the organization. Very few relevant information was asked of me and most of the questions was posed by me. The problem as I see it was that since a new Director of Development will not start until February and a CEO was recently hired. The job description was well written, but during the phone interview it was pretty clear that she really didn't know what the job duties were and it lasted for close to an hour. I was excited reading the job description because it sounded like more of a managerial role, but the lack of stability of the nonprofit and poor interview structure made it clear that this was not a place that would well suit me. I was emailed the next day that another candidate was being considered.

Interview Questions
    • N/A. The interviewer asked few, if any, questions. Most of the questions came from me.   Answer Question

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Summer Search.

Had a brief phone interview with the Grants Specialist, then was called for an in-person interview. That interviewed lasted about 30 minutes, and we covered some of the job's duties and how my past experience related. I thought it went well, but I wasn't offered the position.

Although when I went to contact the person who interviewed me, I found out he had left his position shortly after my interview. I can't help but wonder if that had an effect on my candidacy.