Summit Business Media

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Summit Business Media

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Summit Business Media in June 2011.

I had a great interview at Summit and it was a very positive experience. The person is HR was extremely welcoming and did a great job of familiarizing me with the position and company and the Marketing staff I interviewed with were great. They asked very relevant questions and seemed just as interested in telling me about the role as they were in learning about my background. They did end up offering the position to an internal candidate but said that they would keep my resume on file for future openings.

Interview Questions
    • What sort of supervisor do you work best with?   Answer Question
    • Descrive process improvements you have made in past jobs and how they made your position/department more efficient.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Summit Business Media in April 2011.

Interview overall was painless for this position, since not requiring a whole lot of experience. Good for right out of college. Was asked typical questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years, why are you leaving current employer or why did you leave. It was held in a relaxed and laid back environment.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do outside of work? So basically no unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Summit Business Media in March 2011.

The HR person found me on LinkedIn and set up a phone interview for a couple of days after our first email exchange. I was brought in the next week for an in-person interview with HR and the person I would report to. The in-person interview didn't last more than an hour and I honestly thought it went terribly. I received a call the next day that they would like for me to come in and temp for a week or two. At the end of the first week I received an offer.

The office is very quiet and most communication takes place online.

Interview Questions
    You must accept offers within 24 hours, which is ridiculous. I had to negotiate like crazy to get it extended for a couple more days. The company has a very high turnover rate and jobs that you turn down may stay open for quite some time after that, which makes no sense.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erlanger, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Summit Business Media in January 2008.

It was a pretty straightforward and painless process. 1 phone interview, 1 in-person interview. Very honest and upfront about the benefits, company culture, etc. Job description discussed was quite pared down in comparison to actual scope of the job. I met/spoke with several managers during the interview and all were very conversational-style interviews. My entire in-person interview lasted about 1.5-2 hours. I was notified that I was selected for the position within 1-2 days of the in-person interview, so I didn't have to wait forever to find out. In all, the time from when I submitted my resume, to receiving the offer was about 2 weeks total.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations? What was your starting and ending salary at your prior (or current) position?   View Answer
    Yes, I was able to negotiate, providing very valid reasons as to why the initial offer was too low. Settled on a very slightly higher starting salary. I would suggest negotiating for all you can get, because salary reviews/raises are not negotiable... you get your x% raise and that's it. You can apply for new positions/promotions within the company and renegotiate salary then, but once you settle for a salary at your position, you're pretty much stuck with the small annual raise regardless.

N/A Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Summit Business Media in January 2012.

It was the normal professional interview

Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Summit Business Media in August 2011.

the process is relaxed and not very hard