Summit Solutions

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.0

Entry Level Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Summit Solutions.

Called me on the phone. Said it would be "a minute" but really took 7 minutes and ended abruptly from their end when I mentioned I was too busy the next day to go into their office. They then confirmed that i was busy and simply hung up (rude).

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

The process took two days. The first day is a 1:1 interview with one of their directors. The interview questions were very straight forward and focused on discussing the leadership experiences if you have any. The other day is a shadow interview. They wanted you to experience their daily life to see if you can adapt to that working style, which, basically, is a door to door sales position. You would go out with a team, and then they would take you to a plaza and enter almost every stores, restaurants, or offices to ask if they needed office supplies. During lunch, they would tell you about the salary and requirements for promotion. About 5 or 6 pm, they would take you back to the office and the boss would ask you a few questions about your thoughts of the day. Then, he would decide whether to give you an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What influence you the most? It can be an object, a person, or anything else.   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks for your review on our interview process. We work with several different national clients on different projects, so the day-to-day position may vary based on the position we are hiring for at ... More

"Management Trainee"/Entry Level Sales Interview

Terribly unprofessional. The HR director called me, told me they were not interested in me for an entry-level sales position but for another position which was more a management/consultancy position. I asked her specifically if it was a sales position and she said sales was an element, but not the bulk of it. They sent me a reminder text the day of which was clearly automated. I show up, and saw several interviewees leave before me and after. The hiring director had clearly not reviewed my resume beforehand and in fact at no point even referenced it, instead only looking at the application. Turns out I am applying for a commission-only sales position "with room for growth." No benefits. None of this information was offered, I had to ask about it. Interview was quite easy with very simple questions. Either they mislead me (which wouldn't surprise me given they describe door-to-door cold call sales as "face-to-face marketing consulting" or something along those lines) or the HR director had no idea what she was talking about. In any case, they called me back for a "2nd interview" (which is just shadowing a sales person), which is effectively an "offer". Everyone was polite and courteous, but the entire experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Very generic questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Sketched out given the CANDID sounding reviews on this site and the process.

Nov 17, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry for the misunderstanding. We are hiring for our management training program, which would involve training the right candidate for a management position from the ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Summit Solutions in November 2014.

I saw a post, sent in a resume. Then I was called in for a preliminary interview. After, was called back for a second round interview that lasted all day. By the end of that day I was offered a position.

I personally liked the interview process because it was fairly quick. The second round process was great because I actually got a chance to see how the office functioned, met some colleagues, and learned about the Leadership Development program as well as what Compensation/Benefits were available.

Interview Questions
    • Normal interview questions, nothing out of left field. Many questions about personal development included.   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks for your review! We're glad you appreciated our interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Summit Solutions in November 2014.

I posted my resume on Careerbuilder and Monster and have been applying to tons of jobs. Initially I had not heard back from anyone, but then Summit Solutions gave me a call. The girl on the phone was very personable and explained an opportunity that was intriguing. The 1st round interview was pretty straight forward. The second round interview was very enlightening. I was able to shadow a full day in the company and see what the day would look like. I really liked this approach because it allowed me to see first hand what I would be doing in the company if I were to work there. After the second round, I sat down again with the manager and answered a few more questions. The overall experience there was great and excited to work here!

Interview Questions
    • What are a couple leadership strengths you can add to the team?   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2014President

Thanks for your review on our interview process! We're glad you enjoyed getting a glimpse into the day-to-day position through our job shadow interview.

Management In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied to a job post on a career website thinking that this would be a great opportunity as a recent college grad. Everything sounded too good to be true! Next day I got an email telling me to call the company if I'm still interested. Hiring personnel answered and completed a phone interview. she sounded very friendly and invited me for an in person interview. After scheduling the interview, I read the reviews of this company and realized that all the job descriptions were completely misleading. I went to the interview anyways to confirm these reviews and I must agree that this company is indeed lying on those career websites. The interview was too easy and if you listen to what they're telling you after reading the reviews, it all makes sense! They didn't even tell me what the salary/benefits would be and didn't even tell me in much details of the exact job description. The job is basically to be a door to door salesman selling office supplies for 6 months or longer before "advancing" to a manager position. In the other room, I heard a group of salesman getting "awarded" for their sales and shouting some kind of battle cry like chants...

After the interview, I was offered for a second part of the interview to "shadow" the assigned mentor for a day... then the hiring personnel proceeded to tell me "wear comfortable shoes"...

Needless to say, I declined the offer.

Oct 20, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback of our interview process. We know sales is not a good fit for everyone, which is why on the 2nd interview (the "shadow" interview) we have candidates shadow one of our ... More

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Summit Solutions in October 2014.

HR rep was very friendly, but declined to give details about job roles and requirements during initial phone interview other than the generic need to be a team player. When I asked about earnings structure, the interviewer simply moved on to their next question. I understand that most preliminary interviews don't include hard numbers, but a simple acknowledgement that there is NO salary would have helped save everybody involved some time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Summit Solutions in October 2014.

I applied on Craigslist and got a response from Megan in HR within a day. I was happy that companies were coming in contact with me because I was ready to hop into a new position asap. She invited me in to meet the managers which was a quick, informative, get to know you meeting. They then invited me back for a second interview which was help with a Senior Account Manager at the company.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Summit Solutions.

I applied online and was called into an interview a few days later. Wore business attire and sat in a waiting room with 3 other prospective interviewees so they schedule everyone pretty close to each other. After filling out a personality quiz, I got called in to talk with the CEO and he asked simple routine questions about myself and my background. He's a salesperson so he tries to make the position look amazing but after learning it was mostly trying to go to companies and selling brand products, I wasn't interested.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, you really have to have a salesperson attitude   Answer Question

Not interested in a position based on selling

Oct 8, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback. We do try to be very clear that this position involves sales. Every one of our job postings discusses both sales and management opportunities. We wish you luck in your job ... More

Business Consultant Interview

the interview process is pretty fast. It took me a week to get through the first interview, and on-site interview. Employees there are very friendly and energetic. Interview questions are very straight forward and one of them are unexpected.

Sep 9, 2014President

Thanks for your review on our interview process. We're glad you found our team to be friendly and energetic!