Summit Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Summit Solutions (San Mateo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basically the position is a door-to-door sales position, though they also have a schedule for promotion. But the starting salary is really low and it will require a lot of hard work.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Summit Solutions.

Interview

Typical commission based job. They didn't seem care of my qualification and made it sound like I'm a perfect match. An odd question was how do i handle rejection. Red flag one. They ended the interview in an question on which sports team I like. Just to be funny i think. They said after today they will call people who they selected to come in for a job shadow which is part 2 of the interview and then you come in for a third and final interview. They said the job shadow is from 12 pm to 7 pm. Yes its a 7 hour job shadow, No surprise they called me in part 2. Red flag 2. I got partnered up with a guy and said were going 1 hour to a high income area. Red flag 2. We went door to door and tried to get people interested in solar panels. Ounce u get them interested you, you take down their information, energy bill for the last 12 months, credit score, etc. Crunch the numbers and make an appointment to meet with them. The moment I found out it was a commission I'm like I'm done. We went to lunch at popeyes and discussed the job and how the pay rate works, then mentioned he had an appointment at 8 for meeting with a customer and you would be back by 9. I just said i'm not interested.. He dropped me at bart and said see you later. I left my trash from popeyes in his car, I was so ticked off at wasting my time. I told him they said on the phone its hourly, he said "that a secretary position, does commission scare you?". 9 hours of doing this crap its too much... Do wonder they asked how I handle rejection. with in the with in the 4 hours going door to door he got one would be interested. So basically its a solar panel company. They put solar panels for free and charge u a an hourly rate for the electricity it makes, that locked in for a few years. That's how they make their money. From a business model its great because ur don't have to pay your employees for busting their butts off, and you only pay your employees when they make a sale.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Mar 3, 2015 – President

Thanks for your feedback. We have a lot of different positions here, and it sounds like this one on our solar energy team was not a good fit for you. For this particular position, we do pay an ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Summit Solutions (San Mateo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Pre-qualifying phone interview plus a 2 part interview in their office in San Mateo. Phone interview: The HR specialist calls & spends a few minutes asking vague qualifying questions to see if you're interested in management and team building. Seemed to scream MLM to me, and so I asked. She dodged answering the question by saying she doesn't know what that is. Ok the whole thing was a bit odd when I applied for entry level customer service, but ok. She set me up for an appointment the next business day. First part is initial intake screening, it a quick 20 minute interview process. During this interview I asked if this position was an hourly, salaries or commission based pay. Again dodged the question and said that it depends. The more questions I asked wanting to know if this position is the right fit for me, the even more inkling feeling I had that this would be an MLM. She informed me they would notify me shortly after lunch if I would be selected for a second interview & asked for my availability. Second interview was setup for the next day. Second interview: a full day shadowing someone. Ok now I'm truly getting that vibe that this would be an MLM. I get to the second interview, they've already started with their pre-day pep talk & everyone clears out and moves out into the field. Upon arrival I'm given paperwork to sign stating I'm not an employee of the company and any participation is voluntary. Ok, I'm done. This wasn't what I was looking for. A gentleman comes forward, fails to introduce himself and walks me to another office, then proceeds to state that I'm not the right fit, continues to say in a negative manner that because I asked directly and they claim it's not a multi-level marketing and because I'm making my judgments on them I wouldn't fit in. I'm ok with that as He's absolutely right. I thanked him and went about my day. I even thanked them for saving my day to proceed to my next interview.

Interview Questions

• Who would be a person in my life that has influenced me?   Answer Question
    • What activities do you enjoy outside of your profession?   1 Answer
    • Would I be interested in fast track career path to management?   Answer Question

Mar 3, 2015 – President

It sounds like your only qualm with us is that you suspect our company of being an MLM ( a multi level marketing company), which we are definitely NOT. An MLM involves contractors paying to purchase ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Summit Solutions.

Interview

Called me on the phone. Said it would be "a minute" but really took 7 minutes and ended abruptly from their end when I mentioned I was too busy the next day to go into their office. They then confirmed that i was busy and simply hung up (rude).

Feb 3, 2015 – President

Wow, we are sorry you felt you had a bad experience with our HR dept on the phone. Sounds like just a miscommunication. If our HR staff feels someone is not interested in an interview, they will ... More

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Summit Solutions (San Mateo, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Whole interview process is very vague. No questions are answered. "You will see" is overused and I never saw. Seems like they are trying to hide the fact that they have no employees and do not offer a base pay.

Scam

Interview

The process took two days. The first day is a 1:1 interview with one of their directors. The interview questions were very straight forward and focused on discussing the leadership experiences if you have any. The other day is a shadow interview. They wanted you to experience their daily life to see if you can adapt to that working style, which, basically, is a door to door sales position. You would go out with a team, and then they would take you to a plaza and enter almost every stores, restaurants, or offices to ask if they needed office supplies. During lunch, they would tell you about the salary and requirements for promotion. About 5 or 6 pm, they would take you back to the office and the boss would ask you a few questions about your thoughts of the day. Then, he would decide whether to give you an offer.

Interview Questions

• What influence you the most? It can be an object, a person, or anything else.   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2014 – President

Thanks for your review on our interview process. We work with several different national clients on different projects, so the day-to-day position may vary based on the position we are hiring for at ... More

Interview

Terribly unprofessional. The HR director called me, told me they were not interested in me for an entry-level sales position but for another position which was more a management/consultancy position. I asked her specifically if it was a sales position and she said sales was an element, but not the bulk of it. They sent me a reminder text the day of which was clearly automated. I show up, and saw several interviewees leave before me and after. The hiring director had clearly not reviewed my resume beforehand and in fact at no point even referenced it, instead only looking at the application. Turns out I am applying for a commission-only sales position "with room for growth." No benefits. None of this information was offered, I had to ask about it. Interview was quite easy with very simple questions. Either they mislead me (which wouldn't surprise me given they describe door-to-door cold call sales as "face-to-face marketing consulting" or something along those lines) or the HR director had no idea what she was talking about. In any case, they called me back for a "2nd interview" (which is just shadowing a sales person), which is effectively an "offer". Everyone was polite and courteous, but the entire experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. Very generic questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Sketched out given the CANDID sounding reviews on this site and the process.

Nov 17, 2014 – President

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry for the misunderstanding. We are hiring for our management training program, which would involve training the right candidate for a management position from the ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Summit Solutions (San Mateo, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I saw a post, sent in a resume. Then I was called in for a preliminary interview. After, was called back for a second round interview that lasted all day. By the end of that day I was offered a position. I personally liked the interview process because it was fairly quick. The second round process was great because I actually got a chance to see how the office functioned, met some colleagues, and learned about the Leadership Development program as well as what Compensation/Benefits were available.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, nothing out of left field. Many questions about personal development included.   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2014 – President

Thanks for your review! We're glad you appreciated our interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Summit Solutions (San Mateo, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I posted my resume on Careerbuilder and Monster and have been applying to tons of jobs. Initially I had not heard back from anyone, but then Summit Solutions gave me a call. The girl on the phone was very personable and explained an opportunity that was intriguing. The 1st round interview was pretty straight forward. The second round interview was very enlightening. I was able to shadow a full day in the company and see what the day would look like. I really liked this approach because it allowed me to see first hand what I would be doing in the company if I were to work there. After the second round, I sat down again with the manager and answered a few more questions. The overall experience there was great and excited to work here!

Interview Questions

• What are a couple leadership strengths you can add to the team?   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2014 – President

Thanks for your review on our interview process! We're glad you enjoyed getting a glimpse into the day-to-day position through our job shadow interview.

Management In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Interview

I applied to a job post on a career website thinking that this would be a great opportunity as a recent college grad. Everything sounded too good to be true! Next day I got an email telling me to call the company if I'm still interested. Hiring personnel answered and completed a phone interview. she sounded very friendly and invited me for an in person interview. After scheduling the interview, I read the reviews of this company and realized that all the job descriptions were completely misleading. I went to the interview anyways to confirm these reviews and I must agree that this company is indeed lying on those career websites. The interview was too easy and if you listen to what they're telling you after reading the reviews, it all makes sense! They didn't even tell me what the salary/benefits would be and didn't even tell me in much details of the exact job description. The job is basically to be a door to door salesman selling office supplies for 6 months or longer before "advancing" to a manager position. In the other room, I heard a group of salesman getting "awarded" for their sales and shouting some kind of battle cry like chants... After the interview, I was offered for a second part of the interview to "shadow" the assigned mentor for a day... then the hiring personnel proceeded to tell me "wear comfortable shoes"... Needless to say, I declined the offer.

Oct 20, 2014 – President

Thanks for your feedback of our interview process. We know sales is not a good fit for everyone, which is why on the 2nd interview (the "shadow" interview) we have candidates shadow one of our ... More