Summit Solutions

Updated Sep 2, 2014
Updated Sep 2, 2014

1.6

Business Consultant Interview

the interview process is pretty fast. It took me a week to get through the first interview, and on-site interview. Employees there are very friendly and energetic. Interview questions are very straight forward and one of them are unexpected.

Sep 9, 2014President

Thanks for your review on our interview process. We're glad you found our team to be friendly and energetic!

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Summit Solutions in August 2014.

Initial communication was done on phone and then was called for a face-to-face interview. People are really good and friendly in the office. The environment is very lively and professional. There was only one face-to-face and then the feedback was given and was called for job shadowing. It took one full working day and the entire process was very informative. After a full day of job shadowing, final decision was taken based on the individual's performance in terms of questions asked, mentality, ability to talk etc.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were fairly straight forward. One that took me off guard was "What is your biggest influence?"   View Answer
    No negotiation for an entry-level position atleast!

Sep 9, 2014President

Thanks for your review of our interview process! We're so glad you felt everyone was friendly and welcoming, and that you felt the second round interview was informative.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Summit Solutions.

So I want to be upfront about this as possible; this is not a management job, this is a sales job. Initially they will call you and ask some basic pre screening questions such as if you've lead people. You will get a basic 20 minute interview in which they ask the standard interview questions; what are you looking for? what are your strengths, etc. then they will schedule you for a full day job shadow.

Now let me caveat this; First of all they will be interviewing people in an assembly line fashion (there's really nothing special about you). Now the interview is mostly about your general life, attitude and leadership experience. All the real nitty gritty is discussed during the day out.

So the Job.... you find out what the job is during the day job shadow; In reality you basically go door to door selling office supplies. Moreover, the pay is solely commission, you get 28% of all sales. However, they have an alternate plan in which you get 200 bucks a week plus 15% of all sales. Either way its basically peanuts. Moreover, there's no mileage reimbursement; so you could drive up to an hour to your turf only to get no sales and basically lose money.

They call it a management job because eventually your supposed to move up and open up your own branch. It felt too much like a pyramid scheme to me. If you have nothing better going on see what you think, but dont go here think your going to Genghis khan, you basically going to be a door to door salesman, however cleverly disguised. I a bit disgruntled because there was something I wanted to do that day, but they were so insistent it had to be that day for the full day interview.

In the companies defence, every one was non threatening and friendly. Moreover, all the employees seemed to have a good work ethic and seemed happy in their jobs. However, I dont know how much of that was sincere, and how much was designed at selling me the job.... take it with a grain of salt.

I leave you with this, a full day is a lot of time to waste on a job you dont want; knowing this is a sales job that is solely commissioned based think carefully if you want this job.

Aug 15, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, our management training position does involve sales. We try to be VERY clear in all of our job postings that we are looking to train people from an Entry Level Sales ... More

Management Trainee Interview

Phone interview: usual screening questions, such as: "tell me about yourself", "tell me about your leadership experience"
    On-site interview: the employer was pretty nice and helpful. Just be confident. Some questions that came out were like "what do you expect from this position?", "how do you picture yourself in 5 years?", etc.
    Second-round interview was a whole day out in the field with one of the sales representatives. It was a lot of fun.

Prefer another company

Jul 11, 2014President

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our interview process!

Entry Level Accountant Interview

Overall atmosphere is really warm and friendly. Office is not fancy or well decorated rather friendly. Interviewer was friendly lady with welcoming attitude. But!! the interview was not about accounting! It was about some selling staff.
    It was total waste of my time. I would say the ad is a total scam.
    Advice: triple check in what position they are interviewing for!

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked some basic questions like what is your weakness, what is your skills and knowledge   Answer Question

I declined because I am not interested in sales.

Jul 11, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback! Our ad that is currently posted is for "Entry Level Account Manager" but for some reason, several people have misunderstood this to say "Entry Level Accountant ... More

Public Relations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Summit Solutions.

The president spoke to you throughout an interview, in which fairly easy questions were asked about face to face interaction, working from the bottom up. The second interview you shadow an employee from 9am-5pm, in which basically you follow a sales person go door-to-door to get business to sign up with whichever company Summit represents. Throughout the day, the sales rep gives you information about the job, which entails 100% commission for the first two tiers of positions, which takes over a year or more to get out of. It seems highly unstable, no medical, dental, no 401k, and the goal for the sales rep is to reach the status of building a team, "replicating yourself" aka recruit others. This is multi-level marketing disguised well. The top makes an insane amount more, receives commission from those who work at the bottom. They make you drive around to companies and don't fill reimburse for gas either. Beware of the optimism and hope that bubbles but definitely fizzles eventually. The company is based upon the replaceable, gullible new recruits. Even the job description is deceptive--sales rep, marketing rep, public relations rep, but all the same position of bottom salesperson. I was under the impression I would be promoting for a legtimate company that needed a public relations specialist. Completely misleading.

Jul 11, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback on our interview process. We have been working with the same few Fortune 500 clients for years and have found business to be not only stable but thriving! As any company ... More

Account Manager Interview

You come in and have a brief interview with the president. He is very nice and makes you feel very comfortable. Then you shadow an employee to see what the company is about.

Jun 17, 2014President

Thanks for taking the time to review!

Marketing and PR Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Summit Solutions in March 2014.

This job title was completely miss labeled. I was looking for a role in marketing, communications or PR. The job is 100% a sales position and 100% commission. The people were very friendly but tried to convince me sales and PR were the same .... they have similarities but knocking on doors to sell a product is Sales and definitely not PR. I was disappointed in how misled I was about the role - they sure play it up well. Good for some people but not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't really ask me questions .... More just told me what they were looking for.   Answer Question

I wasn't interested in 100% commission and the lack of a PR department was not what I was looking for.

Jun 17, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback! We will try to make our job ads more clear in the future.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Summit Solutions in April 2014.

They called very quickly after I applied. However, the advertised job posted was different that what the job actually was. It's a sales job, where everyone works up from the bottom. It doesn't seem like you actually need a degree for this job. From there, I guess you can work your way up to management, but it's definitely not what a traditional marketing job is.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you as opposed to other candidates?   Answer Question

May 28, 2014President

Thank you for reviewing our interview process. All of the job ads we post for sales positions do have the word "sales," but we will definitely try to make this more clear in the future.

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Summit Solutions in February 2014.

The interview was with the President of the company. The interview was pretty standard. He asked about my past work experience and briefly explained about what their company does. After he asks if you can see yourself fulfilling this position. If they like you, they will call you back the next day to shadow a worker.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are questions that you would expect during an interview. Strengths, how are communication skills, how well you work with other people.   Answer Question

May 15, 2014President

Thanks for your feedback on our interview process!

Worked for Summit Solutions? Contribute to the Community!