Summit Solutions

Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

Interviewed at Summit Solutions

Interview Details – Phone interview: usual screening questions, such as: "tell me about yourself", "tell me about your leadership experience"
On-site interview: the employer was pretty nice and helpful. Just be confident. Some questions that came out were like "what do you expect from this position?", "how do you picture yourself in 5 years?", etc.
Second-round interview was a whole day out in the field with one of the sales representatives. It was a lot of fun.

Interview Question – "Why Summit Solutions?" and "Why you?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Prefer another company

Jul 11, 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our interview process!

Entry Level Accountant Interview

Entry Level Accountant

Interviewed at Summit Solutions

Interview Details – Overall atmosphere is really warm and friendly. Office is not fancy or well decorated rather friendly. Interviewer was friendly lady with welcoming attitude. But!! the interview was not about accounting! It was about some selling staff.
It was total waste of my time. I would say the ad is a total scam.
Advice: triple check in what position they are interviewing for!

Interview Question – The interviewer asked some basic questions like what is your weakness, what is your skills and knowledge   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I am not interested in sales.

Jul 11, 2014

Thanks for your feedback! Our ad that is currently posted is for "Entry Level Account Manager" but for some reason, several people have misunderstood this to say "Entry Level Accountant ... More

Public Relations Representative Interview

Public Relations Representative
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Summit Solutions.

Interview Details – The president spoke to you throughout an interview, in which fairly easy questions were asked about face to face interaction, working from the bottom up. The second interview you shadow an employee from 9am-5pm, in which basically you follow a sales person go door-to-door to get business to sign up with whichever company Summit represents. Throughout the day, the sales rep gives you information about the job, which entails 100% commission for the first two tiers of positions, which takes over a year or more to get out of. It seems highly unstable, no medical, dental, no 401k, and the goal for the sales rep is to reach the status of building a team, "replicating yourself" aka recruit others. This is multi-level marketing disguised well. The top makes an insane amount more, receives commission from those who work at the bottom. They make you drive around to companies and don't fill reimburse for gas either. Beware of the optimism and hope that bubbles but definitely fizzles eventually. The company is based upon the replaceable, gullible new recruits. Even the job description is deceptive--sales rep, marketing rep, public relations rep, but all the same position of bottom salesperson. I was under the impression I would be promoting for a legtimate company that needed a public relations specialist. Completely misleading.

Interview Question – Have you had any sales experience?   Answer Question

Jul 11, 2014

Thanks for your feedback on our interview process. We have been working with the same few Fortune 500 clients for years and have found business to be not only stable but thriving! As any company ... More

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

Interviewed at Summit Solutions

Interview Details – You come in and have a brief interview with the president. He is very nice and makes you feel very comfortable. Then you shadow an employee to see what the company is about.

Interview Question – none out of the norm   Answer Question

Jun 17, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review!

Marketing and PR Assistant Interview

Marketing and PR Assistant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Summit Solutions in March 2014.

Interview Details – This job title was completely miss labeled. I was looking for a role in marketing, communications or PR. The job is 100% a sales position and 100% commission. The people were very friendly but tried to convince me sales and PR were the same .... they have similarities but knocking on doors to sell a product is Sales and definitely not PR. I was disappointed in how misled I was about the role - they sure play it up well. Good for some people but not the right fit for me.

Interview Question – They didn't really ask me questions .... More just told me what they were looking for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wasn't interested in 100% commission and the lack of a PR department was not what I was looking for.

Jun 17, 2014

Thanks for your feedback! We will try to make our job ads more clear in the future.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Summit Solutions in April 2014.

Interview Details – They called very quickly after I applied. However, the advertised job posted was different that what the job actually was. It's a sales job, where everyone works up from the bottom. It doesn't seem like you actually need a degree for this job. From there, I guess you can work your way up to management, but it's definitely not what a traditional marketing job is.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you as opposed to other candidates?   Answer Question

May 28, 2014

Thank you for reviewing our interview process. All of the job ads we post for sales positions do have the word "sales," but we will definitely try to make this more clear in the future.

Manager-In-Training Interview

Manager-In-Training
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Summit Solutions in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was with the President of the company. The interview was pretty standard. He asked about my past work experience and briefly explained about what their company does. After he asks if you can see yourself fulfilling this position. If they like you, they will call you back the next day to shadow a worker.

Interview Question – All the questions are questions that you would expect during an interview. Strengths, how are communication skills, how well you work with other people.   Answer Question

May 15, 2014

Thanks for your feedback on our interview process!

Entry Level Sales Representative Interview

Entry Level Sales Representative
San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Summit Solutions in February 2014.

Interview Details – People are really nice and friendly. It was my first interview and the interviewer made me feel very comfortable and relaxed

Interview Question – Salary desired   Answer Question

May 15, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our interview. We know interviewing with companies can be scary, so we are glad you felt comfortable and relaxed.

Management Training Interview

Management Training
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Summit Solutions.

Interview Details – 15-20 minute long pre-screening interview process usually with the President of the company or another member of the management team
Next, the candidate comes back for a much longer job shadow interview and after a day of seeing the company atmosphere, seeing day to day operations, a full detailed explanation of the growth opportunity, and a quiz at the end of the day, the candidate and the company have a final interview deciding if they are a good fit together.

Interview Question – Pretty easy going pre-screening interview, kind of just getting to know the candidate personally.   Answer Question

May 15, 2014

Thanks for your review of our interview process!

Worked for Summit Solutions? Contribute to the Community!