Sun Chemical

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Updated Jul 8, 2014

2.6

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sun Chemical.

Straight-forward, typical questions for an entry level position. Ask about classroom experience as well as how comfortable you are working in an office. Questions about familiarity with Excel, Word, and rest of Microsoft Office. Had one screening with an HR representative on the phone followed by one interview with three individuals.

Scientist (Chemist) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sun Chemical.

In retrospect, the company does not understand how to pitch and interview a candidate with an advanced degree. The HR is non-technical and defers all questions, the hiring manager/host is non-existent through the day and there is no chance to meet any of your peers or junior staff, only high level managers. An overall structure of the company businesses and operations is not presented, as if it were too secret to pass along. Only rarely does the candidate have to provide a presentation and when done, it is met by a room full of blank stares. Follow up with the candidate is slow, mine was several weeks, then another month before an offical offer was extended. The actions do not match the conversation of how excited they were to get me on-board. The position was not what I interviewed for after the first week. I gave it some time to improve but had to move on before my career became stagnant without technical challeges or paths to success.

Interview Questions
    • Really were no questions that were difficult, only textbook questions like what was your most important achievement, asked by all 6 interviewers.   Answer Question
    Very long and would not recognize they were 20% below market average for the position and degree and industry. Would not negotiate on vacation or bonus up front to make up for the low salary

Lab Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goose Creek, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goose Creek, SC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Sun Chemical in October 2011.

Phone interview with department manager. A few weeks later a series of group interviews followed by a one on one with the department manager. Lengthy process but helpful to understand who I'd be working with and what I'd be doing. It was a temp to hire position and it took 7 months to get a permanent offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual just the run of the mill situational interview questions.   Answer Question
    They low balled me but I countered and ending up getting the additional salary and vacation I asked for.

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Sun Chemical in October 2011.

initial communication being a phone screen with recruiter- very general and they do not have a lot of specific information on the type of products you will be working with, but did know about the team.
    Another phone screen with hiring manager and if it is a small team, additional phone calls with other team members before a face to face interview.
    When you make it to the face to face interview, there will be multiple people. You are lucky if you are able to see them all in one day. Management travels quite a bit and coordinating their schedules is difficult. Can make the hiring process very long.

Interview Questions
    • How much business can you generate within 6 -12 months?   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was not tedious, there is a range for salary and if you go outside of the range it takes several days to seek an approval. Best to stay within the range that the hiring manager has approval for and look to other benefits.

Business Improvement Manager Six Sigma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sun Chemical in April 2009.

E mail communication personal interview with HR business and management 5 rounds interview

Interview Questions
    • Not so much difficult just be honest with your experience and what can you bring in   Answer Question
    Relocation cost , health and pension support package

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Chemical in January 2008.

The interview was very in depth. They were interested in my previous experience on SAP. Other questions focused on behavioral type interview questions such as "Remember a time when you were faced with an irate customer, what did you do and what was the outcome".

Interview Questions
    • "Remember a time when you were faced with an irate customer, what did you do and what was the outcome".   Answer Question