Sun Life

2.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sun Life in June 2014.

Submitted my resume online, I believe through LinkedIn. Was contacted by phone within a couple of days for an initial screening. Was scheduled for a phone interview later that week and the phone call was about 30 minutes. Very pleasant supervisor that asked typical behavioral questions. It is definitely important to discuss how your current experience relates to them. She said they would start making calls back within two weeks, but I never heard from her again even after sending a follow up note.

Overall decent experience. They definitely try to filter people out right away, making it very clear what their needs are.

Interview Questions
    • Here is a situation that just happened, what is your reaction? ( I left out the details for privacy).   Answer Question

Financial Development Program Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Life in February 2014.

I applied through my career center and received an interview on-campus. My interviewer read strictly off his sheet and recorded answers without ever adding any personal input (even when I mentioned his alma mater, which I later looked up online). I would hope this is not a typical practice in the company's interview process.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had to deal with an ethical issue in a project   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Life.

HR and Hiring Managers helped to make you feel comfortable. Shared alot of information on the company and the position. Company does not pay all that well.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the position, but the requisition was ultimately pulled

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in June 2013.

I applied through a recruiting base for an Underwriting Internship. I had to take an excel test to see if I had the skills needed for the job. Then I was contacted about setting up a time for an interview. Looks like a typical financial company inside. I interviewed with two head underwriters who were easy going. They asked broad questions about leadership, qualities, where I want to be in 5 years. It is easy to tell how the culture of the company is, they are laid back but results demanding.

Interview Questions
    • What were obstacles you faced working in a group?   View Answer

RTLD Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sun Life in March 2012.

One on campus interview, follow up interview on Sun Life Campus.

Corporate culture seemed depressed given recent layoffs. Role of RTLD inten is in operations. Group interview as well as 1:1 interviews with Sun Life staff.

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in October 2011.

I applied through my university's resume drop and attended two info sessions before the interview. The interview was completely behavioral and followed a set script. The two interviewers were young and didn't seem to have much experience conducting interviews. I got a very generic vibe from the employees I spoke with and felt like they use this program to mold people exactly into what they want their middle management to look like.

Summer Intern; Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hills, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hills, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in March 2011.

Applied online through university career office. One campus interview with HR recruiter, relatively laid back, fit questions focused on teamwork experiences, diversity, etc. Final rounds assessment day at corporate HQ in Wellesley, talked with hiring managers, presented business case.

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity and why is it important in business?   Answer Question

Rotational Leadership Dev Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in November 2009.

Initially had one interview with HR rep at my school. Went well. Casual, friendly, they focus almost entirely on personality, communication, leadership questions. They want to know what kind of leader you will be, how you will manage, how you work in groups, how well you deal with conflict/people, etc. Very little to no questions on business knowledge. They are focusing on people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you wanted to fix a problem but failed.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Associate Director Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hls, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hls, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sun Life in October 2009.

One phone screen with HR recruiter followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of a case study that required me to outline the business problem and present a functional and technical solution to a panel of interviewers. One my presentation was complete, the panel asked me a series of typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was the most difficult. Only 45 minutes to lay out a solution and determine how best to present it.   Answer Question
    In this market, there was not much room for negotiation. That said, the package they offered was generous so I didn't feel much of a need to push back.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sun Life in April 2009.

Interviewed for a position. It took about a month before getting feedback despite making follow up inquiries