Sun Life Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015
Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sun Life (New Philadelphia, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was very standard. Just make sure that you know about the company and why you want to work there. Provide some information about your previous experiences in other roles and you will do very well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sun Life

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sun Life (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

easy, didnt ask a lot of questions. a friend referred me and i got an interview call, got there, did the interview, got the job. amazing managment. compensation package sucks big time though

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sun Life in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was very simple. All general questions were asked. Manager was explaining about the company most of the time.He was talking about sales. Pay checks will be according to the sale made by new advisors.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Interview, 2 test, and then another final interview. Very casual interview with manager in which the manager give you a brief overview of the roles of financial advisor. Then, you will be asked to take a test to see whether you are satisfy as a advisor or sales position. Once thats done, you will be emailed another test. Passing both of those test will grant you a final interview with the head of the branch office.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview, wherein I had the chance to ask more about the job itself - that was quite informational in nature. Then I came into the office for a behavioral (but rather casual) interview (questions like "What made you interested in this job?" but nothing too strict). Following that, they give you an online "suitability" test, after which you should get a call to tell you whether you passed or not.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you know personally that you might sell life insurance to?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sun Life (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Met with a sales manager at a career fair and was invited to do an one-on-one interview. Questions were very general, mostly regarding career expectaions and personal ties in the city. After the interview, was asked to do a suitability test.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview is really short and just go through your résumé. After that, you need to complete a test about 160 multiple choice. And, if you pass the test, they will give you another interview. The question is more about your background and sales question. I don't like sales.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in May 2013.

Interview

Great initial communication, great encouragement given at interview. Interviewed twice before being asked to complete recruiting application, which asked for very detailed work/education history. After approval, training started , but first priority was getting the LLQP, which you have to pay ~300?, but you get reimbursed after you pass the provincial exam. This is a self-employed position and you are required to buy a laptop, lease office space (`400 monthly) and pay for your on health benefits with sun life.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer from investors group.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Life (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Met with a sunlife recruiter at an unrelated social event - He told me about sunlife and thought I would be well suited for the job. I met with him the following week and he answered any questions I had at the time. I was then given a pre-employment questionnaire to complete. After that, I had another questionnaire emailed to me, which I completed at home. Then I went in for an employment presentation given by 2 managers. They also present the job to your spouse, if applicable. After that, you are required to complete a certain number of surveys with the people you know - coming up with at least 100 names and numbers to build a market for yourself. None of this information is given to sunlife - it is for your own benefit to help you start your business. Once that is complete, you begin the process of studying and passing your LLQP. Following the successful completion of that course, you then begin your pre-contract sales, alongside a manager. Once that goal is reached, you are contracted, paid commission for your sales and you are set to go.

Interview Questions

• Interview was fun and the managers obviously loved their jobs and the environment. I didn't find the interview difficult. Questions were pretty typical and conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is a commission-based job. You get out of it what you put into it. It is not for everyone, but could be a dream job for the right individual.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

very easy to hire employee, and employee has to pay by your own for internet fee, telephone bill, office rental etc.

looks like a scam