Sun Life Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New Philadelphia, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (New Philadelphia, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

The process was very standard. Just make sure that you know about the company and why you want to work there. Provide some information about your previous experiences in other roles and you will do very well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sun Life

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

I applied online to recruiter. In 1 day they contacted me and say they want me to talk to FC Manager, I scheduled appointment with him new week, see how it goes

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

1.1 on 1 Informational interview: a self-intro and a little backgroud check; your questions prepared for Sun Life and the position 2.Online questionnaire: personality assessment (you should be confident about yourself) 3.Feedbacks: whether you pass the personality test; an invitation for a formal interview 4.Formal Interview: mostly behavioral questions; they are very friendly. (you can tell from their facial expressions whether your answers are what they want to hear. If not, don't keep on talking)

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

They called me for an interview without applying and talked me about the position. I think the would hire anyone as it's a position 100% commission and they don't have much to lose.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask questions. Basically just talked about the benefits of entering in that industry.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

easy, didnt ask a lot of questions. a friend referred me and i got an interview call, got there, did the interview, got the job. amazing managment. compensation package sucks big time though

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was very simple. All general questions were asked. Manager was explaining about the company most of the time.He was talking about sales. Pay checks will be according to the sale made by new advisors.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Interview, 2 test, and then another final interview. Very casual interview with manager in which the manager give you a brief overview of the roles of financial advisor. Then, you will be asked to take a test to see whether you are satisfy as a advisor or sales position. Once thats done, you will be emailed another test. Passing both of those test will grant you a final interview with the head of the branch office.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview, wherein I had the chance to ask more about the job itself - that was quite informational in nature. Then I came into the office for a behavioral (but rather casual) interview (questions like "What made you interested in this job?" but nothing too strict). Following that, they give you an online "suitability" test, after which you should get a call to tell you whether you passed or not.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you know personally that you might sell life insurance to?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sun Life (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Met with a sales manager at a career fair and was invited to do an one-on-one interview. Questions were very general, mostly regarding career expectaions and personal ties in the city. After the interview, was asked to do a suitability test.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview is really short and just go through your résumé. After that, you need to complete a test about 160 multiple choice. And, if you pass the test, they will give you another interview. The question is more about your background and sales question. I don't like sales.