Sun Life

2.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Sun Life in June 2013.

The process was very standard. Just make sure that you know about the company and why you want to work there. Provide some information about your previous experiences in other roles and you will do very well.

Other Interview Reviews for Sun Life

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview, 2 test, and then another final interview. Very casual interview with manager in which the manager give you a brief overview of the roles of financial advisor. Then, you will be asked to take a test to see whether you are satisfy as a advisor or sales position. Once thats done, you will be emailed another test. Passing both of those test will grant you a final interview with the head of the branch office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Sun Life.

I applied online, had a phone interview, wherein I had the chance to ask more about the job itself - that was quite informational in nature. Then I came into the office for a behavioral (but rather casual) interview (questions like "What made you interested in this job?" but nothing too strict). Following that, they give you an online "suitability" test, after which you should get a call to tell you whether you passed or not.

Interview Questions
    • How many people do you know personally that you might sell life insurance to?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sun Life.

Met with a sales manager at a career fair and was invited to do an one-on-one interview. Questions were very general, mostly regarding career expectaions and personal ties in the city. After the interview, was asked to do a suitability test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Life in July 2013.

The interview is really short and just go through your résumé. After that, you need to complete a test about 160 multiple choice. And, if you pass the test, they will give you another interview. The question is more about your background and sales question. I don't like sales.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in May 2013.

Great initial communication, great encouragement given at interview. Interviewed twice before being asked to complete recruiting application, which asked for very detailed work/education history. After approval, training started , but first priority was getting the LLQP, which you have to pay ~300?, but you get reimbursed after you pass the provincial exam. This is a self-employed position and you are required to buy a laptop, lease office space (`400 monthly) and pay for your on health benefits with sun life.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer from investors group.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in March 2013.

Met with a sunlife recruiter at an unrelated social event - He told me about sunlife and thought I would be well suited for the job. I met with him the following week and he answered any questions I had at the time. I was then given a pre-employment questionnaire to complete. After that, I had another questionnaire emailed to me, which I completed at home. Then I went in for an employment presentation given by 2 managers. They also present the job to your spouse, if applicable. After that, you are required to complete a certain number of surveys with the people you know - coming up with at least 100 names and numbers to build a market for yourself. None of this information is given to sunlife - it is for your own benefit to help you start your business. Once that is complete, you begin the process of studying and passing your LLQP. Following the successful completion of that course, you then begin your pre-contract sales, alongside a manager. Once that goal is reached, you are contracted, paid commission for your sales and you are set to go.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was fun and the managers obviously loved their jobs and the environment. I didn't find the interview difficult. Questions were pretty typical and conversational.   Answer Question
    This is a commission-based job. You get out of it what you put into it. It is not for everyone, but could be a dream job for the right individual.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sun Life.

very easy to hire employee, and employee has to pay by your own for internet fee, telephone bill, office rental etc.

looks like a scam

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in October 2012.

One on one interview, very friendly and informational

Interview Questions

It's an entrepreneurial career and I expect more support for my first career move.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dumaguete (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dumaguete (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sun Life.

Great career opportunities, unlimited income potential, really good investment programs, highly-cultured workforce, provides the best training programs and seminars periodically, quality service and fosters trustworthiness to clients.

Interview Questions
    • Would you like to earn double or triple your regularly monthly salary from your recent job, or even earn unlimited income while you work at your own comfortable time table and helping people to plan for their future financial needs and goals?   View Answer