Sun Life Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.7

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sun Life.

It was a scripted interview and the woman read off of a question sheet. She manipulated the questions to go along with what my resume said. They were basic behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself and what are challenges have you faced and how those challenges were over come. Very nice people that do the interviewing and guided you along through the interview process making it a much better experience.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges did you face when working with your previous job and give an example of how you overcame them   View Answer

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sun Life.

One 30 minute interview on campus. They ask the standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Just be prepared to go into detail about any aspect of your resume because they will ask. A positive experience overall, though it was difficult to make a connection with the interviewer. If possible try to talk about something unique to you so that you stand out from the flood of actuarial applicants.

Interview Questions
    • How do you manage your time between school, work, and extracurricular activities?   Answer Question

RLDP Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sun Life.

1st round interviews were focused heavily on fit, and many of the questions asked for specific examples. 2nd round interviews were on site, and consisted of 3 in-person interviews, a lunch, and a group interview/ presentation. Prior to this round, you take a personality test and a reasoning test. Everyone there is very nice and helpful throughout the entire process.

Actuarial Assistant/Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sun Life in September 2014.

The interviewer was an alumnus. There was an initial firm handshake, then the process became "explain your resume in detail." More than 75% of my interview time was spent on just explaining my resume in detail. The interviewer also recommended a few clubs and websites to learn more about the actuarial position.

VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sun Life in June 2014.

Submitted my resume online, I believe through LinkedIn. Was contacted by phone within a couple of days for an initial screening. Was scheduled for a phone interview later that week and the phone call was about 30 minutes. Very pleasant supervisor that asked typical behavioral questions. It is definitely important to discuss how your current experience relates to them. She said they would start making calls back within two weeks, but I never heard from her again even after sending a follow up note.

Overall decent experience. They definitely try to filter people out right away, making it very clear what their needs are.

Interview Questions
    • Here is a situation that just happened, what is your reaction? ( I left out the details for privacy).   Answer Question

Internal Sales Manager Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Basic questions about experience, how to manager your day, how would you handle different situations, strengths and weaknesses. Why are you the best candidate, why should we hire you. etc. How would you manager your team, how would you react to these different situations?

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. I guess the one to differentiate yourself from others is always tricky.   Answer Question

Financial Development Program Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Life in February 2014.

I applied through my career center and received an interview on-campus. My interviewer read strictly off his sheet and recorded answers without ever adding any personal input (even when I mentioned his alma mater, which I later looked up online). I would hope this is not a typical practice in the company's interview process.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you had to deal with an ethical issue in a project   Answer Question

RLDP Interview

Phone interview only. For the RLDP's, they have a group interview and 3 1:1 interviews with managers who ask behavioral questions.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Life.

HR and Hiring Managers helped to make you feel comfortable. Shared alot of information on the company and the position. Company does not pay all that well.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the position, but the requisition was ultimately pulled

Senior Claims Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sun Life.

The entire interview process probably took two to three hours. First and foremost, I met with two senior level people who interviewed me for about an hour. Secondly, I interviewed with two other employees for an additional hour. After the main part of the interview was complete, I met with Human Resources to go over any additional questions I had at the time.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall the questions that were asked as that was almost 7 years ago.   Answer Question