Sun Life

86 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Development Program Summer Intern Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sun Life in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my career center and received an interview on-campus. My interviewer read strictly off his sheet and recorded answers without ever adding any personal input (even when I mentioned his alma mater, which I later looked up online). I would hope this is not a typical practice in the company's interview process.

Interview Question – name a time when you had to deal with an ethical issue in a project   Answer Question

Internal Sales Manager Interview

Interviewed at Sun Life

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty straight forward. Basic questions about experience, how to manager your day, how would you handle different situations, strengths and weaknesses. Why are you the best candidate, why should we hire you. etc. How would you manager your team, how would you react to these different situations?

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. I guess the one to differentiate yourself from others is always tricky.   Answer Question

RLDP Interview

RLDP

Interviewed at Sun Life

Interview Details – Phone interview only. For the RLDP's, they have a group interview and 3 1:1 interviews with managers who ask behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Can't remember, but they asked about the company.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Underwriting Assistant
Wellesley, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiting base for an Underwriting Internship. I had to take an excel test to see if I had the skills needed for the job. Then I was contacted about setting up a time for an interview. Looks like a typical financial company inside. I interviewed with two head underwriters who were easy going. They asked broad questions about leadership, qualities, where I want to be in 5 years. It is easy to tell how the culture of the company is, they are laid back but results demanding.

Interview Question – What were obstacles you faced working in a group?   View Answer

IT Manager Interview

Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview Details – HR and Hiring Managers helped to make you feel comfortable. Shared alot of information on the company and the position. Company does not pay all that well.

Interview Question – Nothing was all that difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the position, but the requisition was ultimately pulled

Senior Claims Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview Details – The entire interview process probably took two to three hours. First and foremost, I met with two senior level people who interviewed me for about an hour. Secondly, I interviewed with two other employees for an additional hour. After the main part of the interview was complete, I met with Human Resources to go over any additional questions I had at the time.

Interview Question – I don't recall the questions that were asked as that was almost 7 years ago.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by email for a phone interview with HR. (This was for the Wellesley office). Then I had a second interview with the Marketing Manager. Was not offered a position but both interviewers were very nice and professional.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview Details – Interviewed through college campus recruiting. Was surprised at the questions just because none were too specific about strengths and weaknesses, everything was very broad based. Asked a lot about school activities and less about job experience.

Interview Question – Asked about school activities and my major specifically, more than just why chose the major   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

N/A Interview

Wellesley, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sun Life in March 2008.

Interview Details – Below standard interview. Early sign I was going to waste my professional career at a lack luster company.

Interview Questions

RTLD Intern Interview

Boston, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sun Life in March 2012.

Interview Details – One on campus interview, follow up interview on Sun Life Campus.

Corporate culture seemed depressed given recent layoffs. Role of RTLD inten is in operations. Group interview as well as 1:1 interviews with Sun Life staff.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sun Life

Worked for Sun Life? Contribute to the Community!

Sun Life Videos

Sun Life – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are We’re Sun Life. We’re a leading international financial services company, building on our strengths for nearly 150 years. Our objective is to deliver the best customer experience at every touch point, in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sun Life interview questions and advice. All 86 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sun Life employees and interview candidates.