Sun Life Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

RLDP Interview

Interview

Mostly behavioral. The process took between 1-2 weeks. The first interview took place on campus. The second round consisted of three interviews on-site with a built-in networking breakfast and lunch.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

It was a scripted interview and the woman read off of a question sheet. She manipulated the questions to go along with what my resume said. They were basic behavioral questions such as tell me about yourself and what are challenges have you faced and how those challenges were over come. Very nice people that do the interviewing and guided you along through the interview process making it a much better experience.

Interview Questions

• What challenges did you face when working with your previous job and give an example of how you overcame them   1 Answer

Senior Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within a few days, I heard back from the Recruiter. I had two 30 minute phone calls - one with the Recruiter and another with my (future) manager. I went to two in-person interviews and met with 3-4 senior mgmt leaders. From the day I was contacted to the day I was extended the offer, it took about one month so that wasn't bad at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell Sun Life to a candidate at a Career Fair?   1 Answer

Quant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

I got referral from one friend so directly had the on-site interview. I interviewed with 4 people in total. The first junior analyst asked me some database and math problems. The other three are more senior so asked me some general questions on work I previously did, my life, etc. The conversation went on rather smoothly but I didn't get the offer. Maybe bad luck.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

One 30 minute interview on campus. They ask the standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Just be prepared to go into detail about any aspect of your resume because they will ask. A positive experience overall, though it was difficult to make a connection with the interviewer. If possible try to talk about something unique to you so that you stand out from the flood of actuarial applicants.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time between school, work, and extracurricular activities?   Answer Question

RLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

1st round interviews were focused heavily on fit, and many of the questions asked for specific examples. 2nd round interviews were on site, and consisted of 3 in-person interviews, a lunch, and a group interview/ presentation. Prior to this round, you take a personality test and a reasoning test. Everyone there is very nice and helpful throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Life in September 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was an alumnus. There was an initial firm handshake, then the process became "explain your resume in detail." More than 75% of my interview time was spent on just explaining my resume in detail. The interviewer also recommended a few clubs and websites to learn more about the actuarial position.

VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellesley, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Life (Wellesley, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, I believe through LinkedIn. Was contacted by phone within a couple of days for an initial screening. Was scheduled for a phone interview later that week and the phone call was about 30 minutes. Very pleasant supervisor that asked typical behavioral questions. It is definitely important to discuss how your current experience relates to them. She said they would start making calls back within two weeks, but I never heard from her again even after sending a follow up note. Overall decent experience. They definitely try to filter people out right away, making it very clear what their needs are.

Interview Questions

• Here is a situation that just happened, what is your reaction? ( I left out the details for privacy).   Answer Question

Internal Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process was pretty straight forward. Basic questions about experience, how to manager your day, how would you handle different situations, strengths and weaknesses. Why are you the best candidate, why should we hire you. etc. How would you manager your team, how would you react to these different situations?

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. I guess the one to differentiate yourself from others is always tricky.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sun Life (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my career center and received an interview on-campus. My interviewer read strictly off his sheet and recorded answers without ever adding any personal input (even when I mentioned his alma mater, which I later looked up online). I would hope this is not a typical practice in the company's interview process.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to deal with an ethical issue in a project   Answer Question