Sun Life

2.7

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Philadelphia, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Sun Life in June 2013.

The process was very standard. Just make sure that you know about the company and why you want to work there. Provide some information about your previous experiences in other roles and you will do very well.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sun Life.

I applied online and was contacted by email for a phone interview with HR. (This was for the Wellesley office). Then I had a second interview with the Marketing Manager. Was not offered a position but both interviewers were very nice and professional.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sun Life.

Interviewed through college campus recruiting. Was surprised at the questions just because none were too specific about strengths and weaknesses, everything was very broad based. Asked a lot about school activities and less about job experience.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about school activities and my major specifically, more than just why chose the major   Answer Question

RTLD Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sun Life in March 2012.

One on campus interview, follow up interview on Sun Life Campus.

Corporate culture seemed depressed given recent layoffs. Role of RTLD inten is in operations. Group interview as well as 1:1 interviews with Sun Life staff.

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in October 2011.

I applied through my university's resume drop and attended two info sessions before the interview. The interview was completely behavioral and followed a set script. The two interviewers were young and didn't seem to have much experience conducting interviews. I got a very generic vibe from the employees I spoke with and felt like they use this program to mold people exactly into what they want their middle management to look like.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in May 2011.

I just got my master degree then and referred to this job by my advisor. The interview was mainly about my research projects. Only after one round of interview, I got the job, I think the recommendation played a big role in this process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mainly about my past work so there were really no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Summer Intern; Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hills, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley Hills, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in March 2011.

Applied online through university career office. One campus interview with HR recruiter, relatively laid back, fit questions focused on teamwork experiences, diversity, etc. Final rounds assessment day at corporate HQ in Wellesley, talked with hiring managers, presented business case.

Interview Questions
    • What is diversity and why is it important in business?   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in December 2010.

Hiring and interview process was smooth. Recruiter for Sun Life was from a third party company. Recruiter was friendly, prompt and communicated with me frequently. Quick progression through hiring process. Interviewing was comfortable and professional. I had two interviews with the recruiter. The first interview lasted almost 60 minutes. The face to face interview was arranged at my convenience - late afternoon - to accommodate my work schedule. The face to face interview was with the company president. I had to call her to obtain details on the directions. She was very understanding because the office was difficult to locate within an office park. She spoke well of Sun Life and explained the history of the California business unit with Sun Life. She also described the corporate culture. I had a very realistic idea of what it would be like to work for Sun Life and what my day to day job would entail.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question is being asked why I should get the job. Prepare a concise, to the point answer.   Answer Question
    The recruiter asked what I expected. The hiring manager made an offer. I accepted. I would suggest more negotiation and make sure the bonus mechanism is thoroughly explained.

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in April 2010.

First I did a phone interview with an hr person about a week later i went in for a one on one interview

Rotational Leadership Dev Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life in November 2009.

Initially had one interview with HR rep at my school. Went well. Casual, friendly, they focus almost entirely on personality, communication, leadership questions. They want to know what kind of leader you will be, how you will manage, how you work in groups, how well you deal with conflict/people, etc. Very little to no questions on business knowledge. They are focusing on people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you wanted to fix a problem but failed.   Answer Question
    no negotiation