Sun Life

Very Easy Interview

N/A Interview

N/A
Wellesley, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sun Life in March 2008.

Interview Details – Below standard interview. Early sign I was going to waste my professional career at a lack luster company.

RTLD Intern Interview

RTLD Intern
Boston, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sun Life in March 2012.

Interview Details – One on campus interview, follow up interview on Sun Life Campus.

Corporate culture seemed depressed given recent layoffs. Role of RTLD inten is in operations. Group interview as well as 1:1 interviews with Sun Life staff.

Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Rotational Leadership Development Program
Wellesley, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's resume drop and attended two info sessions before the interview. The interview was completely behavioral and followed a set script. The two interviewers were young and didn't seem to have much experience conducting interviews. I got a very generic vibe from the employees I spoke with and felt like they use this program to mold people exactly into what they want their middle management to look like.

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sun Life in January 2009.

Interview Details – on line resume submission led to phone screen.

Reason for Declining – not interested in the work

Summer Intern; Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview

Summer Intern; Rotational Leadership Development Program
Wellesley Hills, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in March 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online through university career office. One campus interview with HR recruiter, relatively laid back, fit questions focused on teamwork experiences, diversity, etc. Final rounds assessment day at corporate HQ in Wellesley, talked with hiring managers, presented business case.

Interview Question – What is diversity and why is it important in business?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern
Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in April 2010.

Interview Details – First I did a phone interview with an hr person about a week later i went in for a one on one interview

Interview Question – Why you?   Answer Question

Rotational Leadership Dev Program Interview

Rotational Leadership Dev Program
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in November 2009.

Interview Details – Initially had one interview with HR rep at my school. Went well. Casual, friendly, they focus almost entirely on personality, communication, leadership questions. They want to know what kind of leader you will be, how you will manage, how you work in groups, how well you deal with conflict/people, etc. Very little to no questions on business knowledge. They are focusing on people skills.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you wanted to fix a problem but failed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Associate Director Project Management Interview

Associate Director Project Management
Wellesley Hls, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sun Life in October 2009.

Interview Details – One phone screen with HR recruiter followed by an on-site interview. On-site interview consisted of a case study that required me to outline the business problem and present a functional and technical solution to a panel of interviewers. One my presentation was complete, the panel asked me a series of typical interview questions.

Interview Question – The case study was the most difficult. Only 45 minutes to lay out a solution and determine how best to present it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In this market, there was not much room for negotiation. That said, the package they offered was generous so I didn't feel much of a need to push back.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sun Life in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a position. It took about a month before getting feedback despite making follow up inquiries

Contract Manager Interview

Contract Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR recruiter, phone interview lasted about 30 mins. Was contacted for second round within 1 week. Face to face meeting with hiring manager, heard results in 2 weeks. Process was simple and fast!

Interview Question – Questions on negotiation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate.