Sun Life Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014
Updated Aug 16, 2014

2.7

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in May 2013.

Great initial communication, great encouragement given at interview. Interviewed twice before being asked to complete recruiting application, which asked for very detailed work/education history. After approval, training started , but first priority was getting the LLQP, which you have to pay ~300?, but you get reimbursed after you pass the provincial exam. This is a self-employed position and you are required to buy a laptop, lease office space (`400 monthly) and pay for your on health benefits with sun life.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer from investors group.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

Contacted by HR recruiter, phone interview lasted about 30 mins. Was contacted for second round within 1 week. Face to face meeting with hiring manager, heard results in 2 weeks. Process was simple and fast!

Interview Questions
    Wasn't able to negotiate.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview, 2 test, and then another final interview. Very casual interview with manager in which the manager give you a brief overview of the roles of financial advisor. Then, you will be asked to take a test to see whether you are satisfy as a advisor or sales position. Once thats done, you will be emailed another test. Passing both of those test will grant you a final interview with the head of the branch office.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

There were two interviews. The initial one was a phone screening for approx. 30 minutes. Then, there was a 1:1 interview (bilingual) with a manager and two writing tests to verify grammar and vocabulary.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty straightforward, there were no surprise (why do you want to work for the company, strengths/weaknesses, conflict situation, etc.)   Answer Question
    No negociation.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in January 2014.

it takes 2 weeks from applying online to get interview notice, 3 interviews, standards question on first interview, 1st is phone interview, 2nd face interview with HR, 3rd interview with manager

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Manager, Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sun Life in April 2014.

They changed the telephone interview day/time 5 times, and seemed quite disorganized in that part of the process. Once that got sorted, and set all was well. The recruiter called me right at the agreed upon time, and was professional. As would be expected for a phone screening, the questions were high level and general (why do you want to work here, what appeals to you about this job). I was called within a couple of days for an in person interview which was with the hiring manager and a peer. Although they had a list of specific questions to ask, they took no notes, and so the interview felt very much more like a conversation. Both experiences were very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly typical and predictable questions. I was extremely well-prepared, so nothing took me by surprise   Answer Question

DIRECTOR SALES ILLUSTATION SYSTEMS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in October 2013.

Process started with a phone interview with HR. The questions asked were very basic and mostly aimed at verifying the accuracy of my resume and the statements I made in my cover letter to reflect my my experience and suitability for the position.
    I then received an invite for a visit to to head office to meet with the hiring manager and was told that it was the final interview with 3 people left fighting for the position.

Interview Questions
    • None. The hiring manager and the person I would be replacing looked like either they were convinced I was the best qualified person for the position or they already had made up their mind to hire someone else before I showed up. The duty of the position was about 1/5 of the duties I performed really well at a previous and much smaller company where I was a jack of all trade which may have been obvious to them and perhaps disqualified me for the job.
      Before I left, I was told that there would be a second interview for those selected which contradicted the earlier statement made by HR over the phone.
        View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sun Life in March 2014.

I went through a consultancy and i cleared all of the rounds written (apti+technical) --> first technical --> second technical after completed these round hr called for final round and that was Manager round. I gave my manager round and after one week i got my feedback +ve but on hold. I didn't know what was that which is still on hold. I thought i am not selected because they have already taken 1.5 months.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude test ,it is challenging but you will enjoy it.   View Answer

Manager of Sales Support Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in September 2011.

First interview will be with HR, second with Director and final with SVP.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult questions. Just normal questions to see if the candidate understands the role and is a team player.   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

It was the first technical job i have as an Q&A, So during the interview the technical questions was not asked, they mostly ask about things relating to you self, such as:
    What do you know about this company?
    why do you want to work for us?
    tell me about your self.
    how did you heard of this job?

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have any conflicts at work? and how did you deal with it?   View Answer