Sun Life

97 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in May 2013.

Interview Details – Great initial communication, great encouragement given at interview. Interviewed twice before being asked to complete recruiting application, which asked for very detailed work/education history. After approval, training started , but first priority was getting the LLQP, which you have to pay ~300?, but you get reimbursed after you pass the provincial exam. This is a self-employed position and you are required to buy a laptop, lease office space (`400 monthly) and pay for your on health benefits with sun life.

Interview Question – What does being "successful" means to you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer from investors group.

Contract Manager Interview

Contract Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR recruiter, phone interview lasted about 30 mins. Was contacted for second round within 1 week. Face to face meeting with hiring manager, heard results in 2 weeks. Process was simple and fast!

Interview Question – Questions on negotiation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate.

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

Interviewed at Sun Life

Interview Details – Interview, 2 test, and then another final interview. Very casual interview with manager in which the manager give you a brief overview of the roles of financial advisor. Then, you will be asked to take a test to see whether you are satisfy as a advisor or sales position. Once thats done, you will be emailed another test. Passing both of those test will grant you a final interview with the head of the branch office.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. The initial one was a phone screening for approx. 30 minutes. Then, there was a 1:1 interview (bilingual) with a manager and two writing tests to verify grammar and vocabulary.

Interview Question – The interview questions were pretty straightforward, there were no surprise (why do you want to work for the company, strengths/weaknesses, conflict situation, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negociation.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in January 2014.

Interview Details – it takes 2 weeks from applying online to get interview notice, 3 interviews, standards question on first interview, 1st is phone interview, 2nd face interview with HR, 3rd interview with manager

Interview Question – What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Manager, Financial Reporting Interview

Manager, Financial Reporting
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sun Life in April 2014.

Interview Details – They changed the telephone interview day/time 5 times, and seemed quite disorganized in that part of the process. Once that got sorted, and set all was well. The recruiter called me right at the agreed upon time, and was professional. As would be expected for a phone screening, the questions were high level and general (why do you want to work here, what appeals to you about this job). I was called within a couple of days for an in person interview which was with the hiring manager and a peer. Although they had a list of specific questions to ask, they took no notes, and so the interview felt very much more like a conversation. Both experiences were very positive.

Interview Question – Fairly typical and predictable questions. I was extremely well-prepared, so nothing took me by surprise   Answer Question

DIRECTOR SALES ILLUSTATION SYSTEMS Interview

DIRECTOR SALES ILLUSTATION SYSTEMS
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in October 2013.

Interview Details – Process started with a phone interview with HR. The questions asked were very basic and mostly aimed at verifying the accuracy of my resume and the statements I made in my cover letter to reflect my my experience and suitability for the position.
I then received an invite for a visit to to head office to meet with the hiring manager and was told that it was the final interview with 3 people left fighting for the position.

Interview Question – None. The hiring manager and the person I would be replacing looked like either they were convinced I was the best qualified person for the position or they already had made up their mind to hire someone else before I showed up. The duty of the position was about 1/5 of the duties I performed really well at a previous and much smaller company where I was a jack of all trade which may have been obvious to them and perhaps disqualified me for the job.
Before I left, I was told that there would be a second interview for those selected which contradicted the earlier statement made by HR over the phone.
  View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sun Life in March 2014.

Interview Details – I went through a consultancy and i cleared all of the rounds written (apti+technical) --> first technical --> second technical after completed these round hr called for final round and that was Manager round. I gave my manager round and after one week i got my feedback +ve but on hold. I didn't know what was that which is still on hold. I thought i am not selected because they have already taken 1.5 months.

Interview Question – Aptitude test ,it is challenging but you will enjoy it.   View Answer

Manager of Sales Support Interview

Manager of Sales Support

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in September 2011.

Interview Details – First interview will be with HR, second with Director and final with SVP.

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions. Just normal questions to see if the candidate understands the role and is a team player.   View Answer

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview Details – It was the first technical job i have as an Q&A, So during the interview the technical questions was not asked, they mostly ask about things relating to you self, such as:
What do you know about this company?
why do you want to work for us?
tell me about your self.
how did you heard of this job?

Interview Question – Did you ever have any conflicts at work? and how did you deal with it?   View Answer