Sun Life Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Disappointing and confusing. HR had no idea if they contacted me, I was invited to the same initial interview 3 times, they scheduled a phone interview when it was supposed to be an in person interview, they sent me to the wrong floor and never returned my calls with my inquires. By the time I made it to the 4th interview I lost all interest as it was so frustrating. The assessment (after the phone screen) they send you is 40 minutes long an mostly deductive reasoning questions that are irrelevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you were involved in a conflict and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

1.1 on 1 Informational interview: a self-intro and a little backgroud check; your questions prepared for Sun Life and the position
    2.Online questionnaire: personality assessment (you should be confident about yourself)
    3.Feedbacks: whether you pass the personality test; an invitation for a formal interview
    4.Formal Interview: mostly behavioral questions; they are very friendly. (you can tell from their facial expressions whether your answers are what they want to hear. If not, don't keep on talking)

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an online application. On the day the posting closed, I got an e mail request for a telephone interview. I had a 45 minute telephone interview (was supposed to be 30 min) with a Toronto based recruiter. We had a pleasant conversation, though the questions were slightly hard for a screening interview. A few days later, I got an e mail requesting an in-person interview with the hiring manager. However, I was an out-of-town candidate, so I ended up having a second telephone interview. The hiring manager did not seem really engaged though - she sounded bored and uninterested in me, and seemed to be rushing through the questions. This interview was only 40 minutes, but it was scheduled for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• (1) How do you build and maintain relationships in the workplace?
      (2) Tell me about a time you had to provide someone with constructive criticism.
      (3) What are your top three strengths?
      (4) What appeals to you most about this position?
      (5) Walk me through your experience and education.

Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

They called me for an interview without applying and talked me about the position. I think the would hire anyone as it's a position 100% commission and they don't have much to lose.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask questions. Basically just talked about the benefits of entering in that industry.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I first had a 30 minute phone interview which was fairly basic. This just went over some basic questions and why I wanted to work for Sunlife. I then moved to the 1st in person interview with 3 managers. It was informal and they mostly went over my resume and asked questions based on that. I then had a 2nd interview with a VP which again was very informal and he asked questions based on my resume. None of the questions were hard or unexpected.

I received an offer from Sunlife, but I had already accepted another offer by this point.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if 3 people came to you at the same time with a task to complete?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

No formal interview. I submitted my resume through an acquaintance and was contacted by Sun Life. Was told I had to complete a personality test, licensing exams, and bring in 10 sales as part of my pre-contract requirements. After doing all these things the next thing I knew, I was in a room signing contract forms with the company and was an Advisor on the firm's website. I was never formally verbally asked to accept any offers of employment with the firm. I was told not to bother reading the long contract and just sign on the dotted line.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

1. Pre-screen with HR about 25 minutes long
    2. In person interview with hiring manager and department director

Questions were fairly easy and I was prepared for them as I was referred to the job by a friend.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 skills that you would bring to this position?   Answer Question

Testing Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I went through a phone interview and in person interview. The HR sent me an email to arrange phone interview and also provided all details about the next interview. Although I couldn't get an offer the experience I went through hiring process clearly gave me an idea that they hired professional HR recruiters. Everything was organized well and they also sent follow up emails kindly.

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sun Life (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 20 minutes long and took place over the phone with a senior recruiter. I was asked standard interview questions about my strengths and weaknesses and then we went over my resume and experience. There were also some basic questions about availability and status. There were no technical questions involved.

Senior Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Life.

Interview

Had a number of interviews starting with general HR interview over the phone and two additional in person interviews with hiring and senior managers. Very standard questions during the HR interview and somewhat unstructured personal interviews / discussions

Interview Questions

• Standard questions during the HR interview, informal conversation related to job experience, position, organizational structure during the personal interviews   Answer Question