Sun Life

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.7

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Life.

There were two interviews. The initial one was a phone screening for approx. 30 minutes. Then, there was a 1:1 interview (bilingual) with a manager and two writing tests to verify grammar and vocabulary.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were pretty straightforward, there were no surprise (why do you want to work for the company, strengths/weaknesses, conflict situation, etc.)   Answer Question
    No negociation.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview, 2 test, and then another final interview. Very casual interview with manager in which the manager give you a brief overview of the roles of financial advisor. Then, you will be asked to take a test to see whether you are satisfy as a advisor or sales position. Once thats done, you will be emailed another test. Passing both of those test will grant you a final interview with the head of the branch office.

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Sun Life in May 2014.

I had two interviews with Sun Life; I was scheduled for a 3rd but declined for a couple of reasons which I will explain. However the people you will meet if you happen to interview for a Marketing role are very professional and enthusiastic about the company. The 1st interview was with HR and they were very professional and asked you the standard HR related questions - no real surprises. The 2nd interview was with the hiring manager who again was professional and upbeat. No real interview surprises however be prepared to answer questions around industry experience - if you don't have any insurance experience be prepared to address this gap. I found the biggest challenge with their interview process is the amount of time it took to go from interview #2 to the final interview - because of the amount of time it took I had already moved on in both my interest in the company and had accepted an offer elsewhere so the company needs to be quicker in their process or risk losing good candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared if you get to the final interview - they will ask you to do a marketing plan and present it; this is one of the main reasons I declined the final interview as I understand/get it that they want to see how you perform in the job and this is a way of simulating that but that's what I thought they had probationary periods for?   Answer Question

Manager, Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Life in April 2014.

They changed the telephone interview day/time 5 times, and seemed quite disorganized in that part of the process. Once that got sorted, and set all was well. The recruiter called me right at the agreed upon time, and was professional. As would be expected for a phone screening, the questions were high level and general (why do you want to work here, what appeals to you about this job). I was called within a couple of days for an in person interview which was with the hiring manager and a peer. Although they had a list of specific questions to ask, they took no notes, and so the interview felt very much more like a conversation. Both experiences were very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly typical and predictable questions. I was extremely well-prepared, so nothing took me by surprise   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Life.

It was the first technical job i have as an Q&A, So during the interview the technical questions was not asked, they mostly ask about things relating to you self, such as:
    What do you know about this company?
    why do you want to work for us?
    tell me about your self.
    how did you heard of this job?

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have any conflicts at work? and how did you deal with it?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Three-stage interview process and an exam may be required.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Life in March 2014.

I went through a consultancy and i cleared all of the rounds written (apti+technical) --> first technical --> second technical after completed these round hr called for final round and that was Manager round. I gave my manager round and after one week i got my feedback +ve but on hold. I didn't know what was that which is still on hold. I thought i am not selected because they have already taken 1.5 months.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude test ,it is challenging but you will enjoy it.   View Answer

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

1. Telephone Interview; 2. Personal Interview; 3. Test

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you need to deal with a tough client.   Answer Question

Process Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sun Life.

Very lengthy process. First typing test then pen/paper aptitude test.

Financial Centre Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Sun Life.

1. Phone interview with recruiter - straightforward, no tricky questions