Sun Life Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2014

2.7

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in January 2014.

it takes 2 weeks from applying online to get interview notice, 3 interviews, standards question on first interview, 1st is phone interview, 2nd face interview with HR, 3rd interview with manager

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service mean to you?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

Applied through company website, got a HR phone interview after approx 2 weeks. 2nd round ftf interview the following week with the hiring manager and 3rd round with the director 5 days later after the 2nd round. No tough questions.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in November 2013.

I applied online and the entire process took around a month. I received my phone interview in late November, then had two interviews within the next two weeks at the office in Waterloo. I had an extremely positive experience and accepted my offer immediately. The HR staff were very helpful and sold the company to me. I was never left waiting for a response and felt very comfortable throughout the entire process. Best company I have ever interviewed with.

Interview Questions
    • How did you make a process easier at your previous positions?   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate salary, however their offer was closely aligned to my suggestion regardless.

Group Benefits Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in November 2013.

Applied online on a job board.Got a call a week later. Culture: competitive

1. Phone interview
    2. Math Test
    3. Webcam interview with VPs (or other high ranking management)
    4. I assume this would be F2F with branch manager

Interview Questions
    • Imagine yourself being in a room with other strangers. What do you do?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

Applied online, after a week got a phone interview with HR. then had a one on one interview in waterloo with the hiring manager. She said they are also looking at internal candidates, from the conversation i had the feeling that they already have someone in mind. the whole external sourcing is merely a process. anyway i didnt even receive a courtesy callback which they promised. not the best way to conduct business, sunlife

Abilities Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in October 2013.

Applied online, got a call to book a phone interview and a face to face interview after a month. Phone interview and face to face were both on the same day. In three days after the face to face, received an email for another face to face interview. They confirmed that this would be the last step of the hiring process. Per interview, two managers were interviewing me. They made me feel extremely comfortable, started with small talk and then made me give them a brief description or run down through my resume and work experience. Following that I was asked many behavioural questions, like can I multitask, examples of how I deal in a highly pressured situation, how would turn around a customer service issue gone wrong. How would I motivate a colleague? My strengths and weaknesses, why sun life, why this job? What would I bring to a table. If I didn't have specific information on a case, how would I handle it? If I had to deliver news of a rejected claim, what would i say?

Interview Questions
    • Have I faced a situation where I have had to explain benefits to an individual repeatedly where they DONOT understand what I am trying to say?   Answer Question

Mid-Senior Level Service Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in October 2013.

Submitted resume through online job site. Received a call to schedule a phone interview 2 weeks later. Interview took place the following week. Very standard questions on accomplishments, management style and reasons for applying. They gave me the exact number of candidates being considered for the role and also shared that internal candidates were up for consideration. Ultimately the hiring manager chose to go the internal route which they were kind enough to notify me of a few weeks later. Nonetheless I enjoyed my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Did not expect the direct questions and salary and bonus so early on in process.   Answer Question

DIRECTOR SALES ILLUSTATION SYSTEMS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in October 2013.

Process started with a phone interview with HR. The questions asked were very basic and mostly aimed at verifying the accuracy of my resume and the statements I made in my cover letter to reflect my my experience and suitability for the position.
    I then received an invite for a visit to to head office to meet with the hiring manager and was told that it was the final interview with 3 people left fighting for the position.

Interview Questions
    • None. The hiring manager and the person I would be replacing looked like either they were convinced I was the best qualified person for the position or they already had made up their mind to hire someone else before I showed up. The duty of the position was about 1/5 of the duties I performed really well at a previous and much smaller company where I was a jack of all trade which may have been obvious to them and perhaps disqualified me for the job.
      Before I left, I was told that there would be a second interview for those selected which contradicted the earlier statement made by HR over the phone.
        View Answer

Senior Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life.

Based in Waterloo, it was a good process. Went through a few interviews with, HR, Manager and Director. Logical progression and they helped to accommodate my schedule for the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions, nothing that really came off as a curve ball.   View Answer

Another opportunity.

Insurance Advisor Interview

You'll take a personality test then be interviewed by the Branch Manager. After which, you'll need to take a series of trainings, seminars and exams to be licensed to sell and advise people.

N/A. The offer was more of an invitation to join.