Sun Life
www.sunlife.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Sun Life Rotational Leadership Development Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wellesley, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's resume drop and attended two info sessions before the interview. The interview was completely behavioral and followed a set script. The two interviewers were young and didn't seem to have much experience conducting interviews. I got a very generic vibe from the employees I spoke with and felt like they use this program to mold people exactly into what they want their middle management to look like.

Interview Questions

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Sun Life in October 2012.

Interview Details – First round is behavioural. 2 interviewers. Easy company questions such as why SunLife, why this program. Simple situational questions such as "tell me about a time you were leading a team", "... worked in a team", how I manage school and extracurricular activities, most challenging aspect from work experience and how I handled it. Second round is a networking session at SunLife location. I believe there is a 1 on 1 final round with the executives afterwards.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you faced a change in responsibilities and how you handled it   Answer Question

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in October 2012.

Interview Details – Standard set of behavioral questions. Very friendly interviewers - First Round consists of an HR Recruiter and someone from the business. Questions are standard across candidates and the flow of the interview was more of a question-answer type.

Interview Question – Name a difficult decision you had to make at a point in time   Answer Question

Rotational Leadership Development Program

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Life in November 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received an email informing me of the opportunity for an on-campus interview. The interview was conducted by 2 SL employees - one HR and one from business, and comprised of approximately 45 minutes of behavioural questions. After a few days or so, I was notified by phone that I had made it to the second round, which would be held in their HQ in downtown Toronto and consisted of a day's worth of activities, including 2 interviews (each conducted by 2 people - 1 HR and 1 from business), as well as breakfast, lunch, networking, and listening to SL executives speak.

Interview Question – Provide an example of a time you demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sun Life

Worked for Sun Life? Contribute to the Community!

Sun Life Videos

Sun Life – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are We’re Sun Life. We’re a leading international financial services company, building on our strengths for nearly 150 years. Our objective is to deliver the best customer experience at every touch point, in… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sun Life Rotational Leadership Development Program interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sun Life employees and interview candidates.