Sun Microsystems Interview Questions in Broomfield, CO

3.5

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sun Microsystems (Broomfield, CO) in October 2008.

Interview

Fairly informal interviewing process. Referred internally by an employee via the HR organization to the hiring manager. Two initial phone interviews, followed by an in person interview and then a series of brief interviews by my managers Director, other individuals who I am now working directly with, and one other Director in the organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some. I was a rehire and was able to negotiate backup to my departure salary. Really consider if you want to work at Sun and why. The company is under a lot of stress, but there are opportunities to learn global enterprise skills that few other companies can offer.

Work Environments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Microsystems (Broomfield, CO) in January 2008.

Interview

Due to Sun's practice of setting up global teams who can work from anywhere, the initial contacts were all via phone. I was first contacted by the Hiring Manager, and then another member of her team via phone interviews. This was followed by a group interview on location.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to pick up a major project in which the planning was nearing completion, and run with it?   1 Answer
    • Did I have a problem reporting to more than one Manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate everything I could, but was given an offer (which was fair and generous) and only one of my negotiation points made it into the final hiring plan (flexibility). I believe this was due in part to the urgency in which they needed to place the position.