Sun Microsystems Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

3.1

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewed by 3 members of the opposite gender, at the same time.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people or people who you don't get along with?   Answer Question

User Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Microsystems.

Interview

Reasonably fast. One or two people interviewing you at a time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sun Microsystems in April 2012.

Interview

very easy and clean but confusing and tough at same time

Member of Technical Staff (MTS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Microsystems (Bangalore (India)) in August 2010.

Interview

It consists of 1 written test for 1 hour covering 4 sections C Programming, OS, Aptitude, Puzzle. I guess it was some 70 questions overall. Then 4 rounds of F2F interview, each round is elimination round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straight.

Education Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Microsystems in April 2010.

Interview

Not too rigorous because I came in with excellent recommendations

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were easy due to specialized expertise

Engineering Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2010.

Interview

Described working experiences, technical capabilities and project management techniques. Former projects were also discussed and asked by the panel during the personal up front interview. Went to the drawing board to describe the processes, quality control practices that were done by the previous experiences. Asked personal questions regarding plans, rooms to growth and etc.

Partner Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2010.

Interview

Interview via phone w/ HR and hiring mgr. No offer.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2010.

Interview

Spoke with internal recruiter and was screened for position. Informal screening interview with local employee and was selected for next step. Interviewed 1on1 with director and was 1 of 2 candidates to interview with executive director. Phone interview with executive director. Selected for job by employer but client was final decision and wanted someone with more direct industry experience

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sun Microsystems in December 2009.

Interview

submitted my resume through a referral, it took some time for the hiring manager to call me , once I was called, I initially had to go through a written test, and 2 rounds of face to face interviews.
    I was not too confident, but as such the interview went on well

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sun Microsystems in October 2009.

Interview

the inteview process was not as tedious as expected