Sun Microsystems

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Member of Technical Staff

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in December 2009.

Interview Details – submitted my resume through a referral, it took some time for the hiring manager to call me , once I was called, I initially had to go through a written test, and 2 rounds of face to face interviews.
I was not too confident, but as such the interview went on well

Interview Question – technical questions on java mostly   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2009.

Interview Details – The first round was a skills test consisting on C, C++, OS questions. They were very tough, especially questions relating to unix system programming and concepts. The second round was 1:1 onsite. The third round was a telephonic one with a senior colleague from the US and the final one was with the Director of the group regarding salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• How does the proc interface differ between Linux and Solaris?   View Answer
  • Explain a project on your resume   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was respectful and progressive. Do not be afraid to ask a little higher salary than what you desire, and there will be a little bargaining here and there. However, do not be too rigid - Sun is a great place to work at and you will have a great work-life balance.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in February 2008.

Interview Details – There were 4 rounds of technical interview over telephone. Interview was taken on the projects and technologies I worked on. It was in Java/J2EE and also in C, Data Structures and algorithms. After 1st round, I knew I made through the interview and the offer was good enough to accept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiation went smooth.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in March 2009.

Interview Details – It was a very good interview. Everyone who were ther e on the panel were good. They more importantly sought for an answer from me instead of making me feel that I dont know. It went for 2 hours and finally said you are selected .Happy to share this information to you all.

Interview Questions

• How do you create an array in shell. Which shell script uses it?   View Answer
  • Some questions on datastructures like Circular list and so on   Answer Question

Worked for Sun Microsystems? Contribute to the Community!