Sun Microsystems

Updated Sep 8, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pre-Sales Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Microsystems.

Required an indication from a former co-worker recommending me for the position and top schools on resume to get into an screening process. After that phase I managed to get a phone interview followed by office interview and trip to California for a final interview. At that time I was living abroad. Relocation package was minimum but good enough to cover expenses in selling my car, packing and moving to USA, including tax assistance during first year. I also had a relocation agent helping me in opening a back account, getting a credit card, look for a place to leave, getting an id, etc. Sun was a great company!

Interview Questions
    • Started interview in another language to access if what I wrote on resume was in fact acurate   View Answer
    It was an entry level job with good benefits and salary so I did not want to negotiate. Of course, I did compare with salary I was receiving on previous job and it was in fact a good offer

Partner Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2010.

Had screening discussion with the HR that was followed by efficient scheduling process that led to a phone interview.

The interview was with future peer. Questions were not hard, but I believe that I missed the point. instead of being creative and out of teh box i tried to be conservative and careful. This will not get you far with Google.

Interview Questions
    • If hired, what will you be able to teach us   View Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Microsystems in February 2009.

I was hired to help with localized desktop and network support. The initial interview was a brief phone call. Followed by a group interview and another phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if asked to perform an impossible task   View Answer
    Very short. No negotiation.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2008.

Hiring process consisted of a phone screen followed by a group interview with people I'd be working closely with. Questions were pretty straightforward such as "Why do you want to work at Sun", "What do you think this position entails", and "What skills do you bring to this position"

Interview Questions
    Be prepared to answer the salary range question during the phone screen. Sun pays fairly, so you don't have to worry about being low-balled. My salary was exactly at the median for the year 2008.