Sun Microsystems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Menlo Park, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in February 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired to help with localized desktop and network support. The initial interview was a brief phone call. Followed by a group interview and another phone interview.

Interview Question – What would you do if asked to perform an impossible task   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very short. No negotiation.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Menlo Park, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process consisted of a phone screen followed by a group interview with people I'd be working closely with. Questions were pretty straightforward such as "Why do you want to work at Sun", "What do you think this position entails", and "What skills do you bring to this position"

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Sun   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be prepared to answer the salary range question during the phone screen. Sun pays fairly, so you don't have to worry about being low-balled. My salary was exactly at the median for the year 2008.

Partner Manager Interview

Partner Manager
Menlo Park, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2010.

Interview Details – Had screening discussion with the HR that was followed by efficient scheduling process that led to a phone interview.

The interview was with future peer. Questions were not hard, but I believe that I missed the point. instead of being creative and out of teh box i tried to be conservative and careful. This will not get you far with Google.

Interview Question – If hired, what will you be able to teach us   View Answer

Worked for Sun Microsystems? Contribute to the Community!