Sun Microsystems

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Sun Microsystems

Interview Details – 2 weeks , 3 rounds of interviews with several team members and managers

Interview Question – To email developed code   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in March 2010.

Interview Details – the interview consists of 1 phone interview and on-site interview with 4 people.

Interview Question – write unix script to do ...   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2008.

Interview Details – interview questions relevant to skills required

Interview Question – describe last project   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in September 2008.

Interview Details – Only behavioral questions were asked of me. The position was mostly to be a complementary asset to the team, so in depth engineering savvy was unnecessary. How the interviewer was very courteous and professional, wanting mostly to know about my background and what research I had done on the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Sun?   Answer Question

Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interview questions are generally designed to assess applicant attributes that are specifically relevant to the job for which the person is applying. The job-relevant applicant attributes that the questions purportedly assess are thought to be necessary for one to successfully perform on the job. The job-relevant constructs that have been assessed in the interview can be classified into three categories: general traits, experiential factors, and core job elements.

Interview Question – Not aware of   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in March 2008.

Interview Details – very smooth process of interview. Liked the people

Interview Question – C++ questions   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in November 2008.

Interview Details – I send me resume online and got two calls from two different departments to ask if I had interests in their position, I selected one and had a first contact with a tech lead in Sun Microsystems. I went to the office for the on-site interview after one week, and meet 3 engineers and 1 manager in a day.

It seems that I am not the best suitable candidate for the position I applied, but my resume was forwarded to another team which hiring manager locates in USA.

Two weeks later, I got two phone call again, one from technical group, the other from hiring manager.

I got the offer, and the package is better than the original position I applied for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the package is better than I had asked for.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in October 2009.

Interview Details – the inteview process was not as tedious as expected

Interview Question – tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sun Microsystems

Worked for Sun Microsystems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sun Microsystems Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sun Microsystems employees and interview candidates.