Sun Microsystems Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2 weeks , 3 rounds of interviews with several team members and managers

Other Interview Reviews for Sun Microsystems

Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in March 2010.

the interview consists of 1 phone interview and on-site interview with 4 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2008.

interview questions relevant to skills required

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in September 2008.

Only behavioral questions were asked of me. The position was mostly to be a complementary asset to the team, so in depth engineering savvy was unnecessary. How the interviewer was very courteous and professional, wanting mostly to know about my background and what research I had done on the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in June 2009.

Interview questions are generally designed to assess applicant attributes that are specifically relevant to the job for which the person is applying. The job-relevant applicant attributes that the questions purportedly assess are thought to be necessary for one to successfully perform on the job. The job-relevant constructs that have been assessed in the interview can be classified into three categories: general traits, experiential factors, and core job elements.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in March 2008.

very smooth process of interview. Liked the people

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in November 2008.

I send me resume online and got two calls from two different departments to ask if I had interests in their position, I selected one and had a first contact with a tech lead in Sun Microsystems. I went to the office for the on-site interview after one week, and meet 3 engineers and 1 manager in a day.

It seems that I am not the best suitable candidate for the position I applied, but my resume was forwarded to another team which hiring manager locates in USA.

Two weeks later, I got two phone call again, one from technical group, the other from hiring manager.

I got the offer, and the package is better than the original position I applied for.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, the package is better than I had asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sun Microsystems in October 2009.

the inteview process was not as tedious as expected

Interview Questions

Worked for Sun Microsystems? Contribute to the Community!