Sun Microsystems Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 weeks , 3 rounds of interviews with several team members and managers

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sun Microsystems

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

the process basically consists of three interviews ,a phone call to set up a skype meeting then the skype interview couple of days after with the company recruiter asking basic situations based questions then an interview at the HQ with the direct manger about past experiences and your cv then the last stage is practical and one on one technical interview where you are asked to debug running algorithms in a very tight timing and while interviewing with the engineer responsible for the interview and alot of distractions

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

the interview consists of 1 phone interview and on-site interview with 4 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems (New York, NY) in September 2008.

Interview

Only behavioral questions were asked of me. The position was mostly to be a complementary asset to the team, so in depth engineering savvy was unnecessary. How the interviewer was very courteous and professional, wanting mostly to know about my background and what research I had done on the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

interview questions relevant to skills required

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems in October 2009.

Interview

the inteview process was not as tedious as expected

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2009.

Interview

Interview questions are generally designed to assess applicant attributes that are specifically relevant to the job for which the person is applying. The job-relevant applicant attributes that the questions purportedly assess are thought to be necessary for one to successfully perform on the job. The job-relevant constructs that have been assessed in the interview can be classified into three categories: general traits, experiential factors, and core job elements.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in November 2008.

Interview

I send me resume online and got two calls from two different departments to ask if I had interests in their position, I selected one and had a first contact with a tech lead in Sun Microsystems. I went to the office for the on-site interview after one week, and meet 3 engineers and 1 manager in a day. It seems that I am not the best suitable candidate for the position I applied, but my resume was forwarded to another team which hiring manager locates in USA. Two weeks later, I got two phone call again, one from technical group, the other from hiring manager. I got the offer, and the package is better than the original position I applied for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, the package is better than I had asked for.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems in March 2008.

Interview

very smooth process of interview. Liked the people