Sun Microsystems Work Environments Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Work Environments Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sun Microsystems in January 2008.

Due to Sun's practice of setting up global teams who can work from anywhere, the initial contacts were all via phone. I was first contacted by the Hiring Manager, and then another member of her team via phone interviews. This was followed by a group interview on location.

Interview Questions
  • Would I be able to pick up a major project in which the planning was nearing completion, and run with it?   View Answer
  • Did I have a problem reporting to more than one Manager?   View Answer
I attempted to negotiate everything I could, but was given an offer (which was fair and generous) and only one of my negotiation points made it into the final hiring plan (flexibility). I believe this was due in part to the urgency in which they needed to place the position.