Sun Microsystems Work Environments Interview Questions

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Work Environments Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sun Microsystems (Broomfield, CO) in January 2008.

Interview

Due to Sun's practice of setting up global teams who can work from anywhere, the initial contacts were all via phone. I was first contacted by the Hiring Manager, and then another member of her team via phone interviews. This was followed by a group interview on location.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to pick up a major project in which the planning was nearing completion, and run with it?   1 Answer
  • Did I have a problem reporting to more than one Manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate everything I could, but was given an offer (which was fair and generous) and only one of my negotiation points made it into the final hiring plan (flexibility). I believe this was due in part to the urgency in which they needed to place the position.