Sun Products Corporation

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.6

Supervisor Interview

First a phone interview then and on site interview. All where scenario driven so there is really no way of preparing for the interview. There was a panel who took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • All where about a time something happened and the outcome   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

On Campus Interview then invited to Superday where there was 4 back to back interviews. Everyone was nice but the interviews were repetitive. All Behavioral and want a lot of detail about what you have done. Did not ask anything about the company or the industry.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Products Corporation.

Applied for the position in person. Was told that online applicants weren't yet considered. Received a call asking me to come in and complete an aptitude exam. Was interviewed by HR a week later. Follow up interview with department manager a week later. Third interview and job offer a week after that. All in all, took about one month.

Interview Questions
    • "Why are you interested in a career in the laundry care industry?"   Answer Question
    I was offered more than I asked for. I did not negotiate further.

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sun Products Corporation.

I applied online and was contacted within 48 hours by HR to set up a phone interview. I was working full time at that time, so it was challenging to find time during the work day for the interview. HR proposed a day and time, and I confirmed I would be available. The designated day and time came and the HR contact did not call. I emailed her politely asking if she wanted to reschedule and received a one sentence response - "Are you free to talk now?" (I wasn't). She rescheduled me for the following day, which did not work for me since I was working and had a meeting scheduled. At no point did the HR rep apologize for missing our initial phone interview. Once we did finally have our phone interview, she continued to be unprofessional - asking me questions and then making up answers saying it 'sounded better'. She also made a comment about my current salary and wanted to know why it was so low. Fortunately, a different HR rep took over the process after that initial phone interview. I interviewed with the hiring manager the following week over the phone and was notified later in the day that I did not make it to the next phase in the interview process.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sun Products Corporation in May 2014.

Recruiter set up the initial interview. HR person missed the first scheduled time to call me, saying she had lost my phone number. Strange since it is in my email signature, which she replied to to tell me she lost the number. This happened (no joke) Twice. When finally happened, HR interview easy, if odd questions (Name 5 weaknesses). With my experience, phone interview easy as well. On site interview was a scheduling disaster, being rescheduled twice, as late as the day before. I am currently employed, so this is very difficult to work with. On site interview was strange, but not difficult. Nine interviews, 30 minutes each. Next is the skills check - Candidate required to provide Six (6) people, at least two of them recent managers at current employer, to be contacted with a lengthy survey. This is extremely uncomfortable, as it makes it very clear that I am interviewing externally. But I identified six people and provided. Here is the big problem I had: One of my interviewers, outside of the six names I provided, called my direct manager (looked up his number - I did not provide, obviously) to ask about me - without my permission. So now I am fully outed at my current job as interviewing externally. Here's the second big problem. Got a call after saying I definitely had an offer coming, and the $ to expect, just pending paperwork. Then got a call the next week saying they changed plans and were going with an internal candidate. Very frustrating to be put through the whole process to have an offer made then rescinded.

Interview Questions
    • HR questions were the most unconventional - Name your 5 biggest weaknesses. Especially given that they came after the round with deep dive panel interviews.   Answer Question

Category Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sun Products Corporation in May 2014.

Great communication between recruiter, employer and myself. Interviewed with 3 people in the office and then HR. Open about work/life balance (This is a big +), staff was open about previous issues with culture but were able to describe where there had been improvements. Benefits are mostly on par with other companies, they are a small company so they "nickel and dime" a bit. They were open about discussing salary requirements. Once I was hired there was an issue with the cell phone policy, apparently they've done away with this. I've never heard of a company that doesn't consider a cell phone necessary for work. The manager I had at the time was able to negotiate that for me since he had mentioned it in the offer.

Interview Questions
    • HR asked 5 Pros and Cons and they couldn't be your standard "canned" response. Other than that, nothing really.   Answer Question
    I didn't like that they asked me for documentation from my previous company to prove what I made. I had to provide pay stubs, and worse, had to ask a friend at previous employer for written proof of what the bonus payout was since I had left before the fiscal ended. I found this to be unethical.

Team Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sun Products Corporation.

1)Initial contact from the company was a phone call setting up an in-person interview
    2) In-person interview with department manager/HR/Site Manager
    3)Drug screen/reference checks
    4) Offer of employment approximately 6 days after the in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with information from another supervisor about a particular employee being a problem employee? How do you deal with the employee if s/he turned out to be a problem?   View Answer
    No real negotiation, it was a fixed salary and was within the range I required so I accepted.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sun Products Corporation.

Initial Communications: Phone interview, general questions, you will be screened out if asking for a high salary.
    Planning: Additional application to fill out for in-person interview. Reference checks are very thorough.
    Number of Interviews: 3, this seems like a waste of time since no skills testing is involved
    Work Culture: 8am to 5pm job, 1 hour lunch, management is chaotic, co-workers either stab you in the back or are nice without ever helping you out. Real leadership and teamwork are non-existent, you just happen to be on a team in a matrixed company. Manager will randomly call urgent meetings filled with negative energy, cursing, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about the company? Recent news?   View Answer
    Minimal negotiation, I tried to negotiate, but then was told what I would be paid. It was not open to discussion.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Porte, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sun Products Corporation in April 2013.

The skills test for lab techinician was about looking at gauges.This had nothing to do with working in the lab.

Interview Questions
    • Safety questionaire was so dumb like someone is going to place their personal safety before anything else.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wellesley, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sun Products Corporation in October 2012.

The interviewing process contained a one on one interview that questioned basic things like who you were, why you liked marketing, what about it excites you. And general questions about the experience. This is more than an entry level position offered to entry level candidates. They are looking for eager young professionals who what to get their feet wet. It seemed important to be knowledgeable and passionate about the position. And also to come with educated questions either about the company or the products/distribution.

Interview Questions
    • An example of something you did that you weren't proud of.   View Answer