Sun Trading

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at Sun Trading

Interview Details – 1-2 round phone interview, focus on project, programming, and C++. Then onsite interview. there are 4-5 people talk to you onsite. . a lot of white borad programming, from basic data structure to advanced algorithm, hashtable, link list, tree, etc . Some difficult question on C++ language. i guess they are looking for smart people who have solid programming skill. However, the interview process from 10-2pm , without lunch. they do reimburse for lunch.

Interview Question – A question about stock ticket data, difficult for someone like me who don't know it's structure   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sun Trading in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interviews are conducted first as a phone interview to determine your skills. Questions will range in your technical abilities regarding the C++ language. Some example questions include: Give the performance of searching X container, using Big O notation; what is a mutable member; what's the difference between Interface Inheritance and Implementation Inheritance, etc. Also some questions about Unix/Linux fundamentals.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sun Trading in September 2009.

Interview Details – applied online....got phone screen..
next round was on site at chicago HQ, did not do well because wasn't prepared...

reverse linked list, merge sort,
a problem which came down to finding intersection of two sets

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Engineering Interview

Financial Engineering

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sun Trading in August 2009.

Interview Details – i already had an offer from PGnE for energy derivatives..so that was what got me in Sun quite fast...and in total there was one phone interview...about programming experience..hone your programming skills...

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sun Trading? Contribute to the Community!

Sun Trading – Why Work for Us?

About Us We are a team of the industry’s brightest trading and technology professionals, collaborating to create winning trading strategies. Since opening Sun Trading’s doors in 2003, we go to work each day with the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sun Trading interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sun Trading employees and interview candidates.