Sun West Mortgage

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sun West Mortgage.

When I first interviewed for this position, my interviewer was very loud and rude, telling me right away that he did not appreciate my talking with other candidates beforehand about what this position might be like. He was on the other side of the building, so I guess that this have been a deliberate "stress interview" to simulate how I would react and respond to very high-stress situations, which is a large part of the job. Every time I answered his questions calmly and diplomatically, he interrupted me saying that's what every candidate says and that I wasn't telling him the truth. I do not understand why my interviewer was so rude and crass, but when I finally was hired, he was no longer with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Are you planning to go to school in the near future? We presently do not accommodate college students.   View Answer

Developer Interview

no technique questions, interview process is not fast, around 15 mins. You will get no answer about your interview. No one care about you. Maybe they select candidates randomly. I hope I will never go through such interview anymore.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sun West Mortgage.

Applied online.
    Received phone call about setting up an interview.
    Met with Sage Nadjafinia.
    He asked me what experience I had in anything, and how much I wanted.
    I responded by saying I just got out of college and I had some experience in Java, mainly in C++, and that I would like 50000.
    He responded by saying thanks (The whole interview lasted 15 minutes).
    I received a phone call 15 minutes later with a person in India saying I got the job and they would pay me 45000.
    I negotiated to 49000, 1000 under the 50000 I asked for and I (Stupidly) accepted the job.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have in anything?   View Answer
    I received a phone call 15 minutes after interview with a person in India saying I got the job and they would pay me 45000.

Software Engineer Interview

At the beginning, they asked school project experience, past working experience. Then, I talked with HR and CTO. They did not ask technical questions. They do not tell any scope of work.

Retail Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sun West Mortgage in March 2014.

The Hiring process is very well organized. Like that in the integration process all executive teams gets involved. It gives you a sense of how much acces you have to top managment.

Super

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sun West Mortgage.

The 2nd interview was with several top execs. Prepare to be vetted thoroughly.

Interview Questions
    Fair and not drawn out. State your case logically.

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sun West Mortgage.

Horrible from the very beginning. Applied for a position as a Loan Funder and brought in to interview for the position...drove to Cerritos and, not even 5 minutes into the interview, the interviewer, Tony, said he didn't think I had enough current experience for the position. Tony then went on to say I should interview for an Account Executive position for which he sent me out to Corona to interview for the position later in the day. Met with Anthony in Corona office whom, not even 5 minutes later said I'd be a better fit as a Loan Funder and that he'd tell Tony to bring me onboard as such. He then advised me to call Tony the next business day. At the end of the day, I was offered a low paying position as a Funding Assistant despite 15 years in the business. I needed a job so I took it.

They were not open to negotiation

Junior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sun West Mortgage in February 2014.

Recruiter was nice, but interviewer was Rude and it was obvious we are just a "prospect" and nothing more. In and out in a jiffy. It was uncomfortable and there was no sense of personality or care from the individuals. They have a huge over turn in employees as they hire and fire constantly and so there is a person being interviewed every 15 min all day long.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question, Just interaction with Interviewers were extremely disconnected   View Answer
    It was fine, but after accepting job it took another two weeks to start

Loan Originator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sun West Mortgage in October 2013.

Answered an ad on careerbuilder.com, met with manager at coffee shop. Was offered position following week

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was hard to answer, it was more conversational.   Answer Question
    Was able to get high commission percentage, but they REQUIRE you to take a $8 an hour draw, And it is cumulative. So watchout

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sun West Mortgage.

Basic interview questions, tell me about yourself, tell me about a recent project, why should we hire you? The HR person also went over the resume. Interview was about 10 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • What programming language are you more comfortable with?   Answer Question