Sun & Ski Sports Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sun & Ski Sports

Home Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sun & Ski Sports (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied on their website; received a questionnaire from Human Resources; had interview set up with Department Manager; had 2nd interview with and Officer; Everyone was very friendly and seemed to be very honest during the interviews

Interview Questions

• Asked how I specifically have done things in my job in the past. I believe they wanted to ensure that I was really hands on and knew how to do what I said I could. They also asked questions that I could tell were about how I got along with other people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I am not really a negotiator.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sun & Ski Sports (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied, then went to an interview. Interview and job offer was on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they just offered me an hourly wage.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sun & Ski Sports in April 2011.

Interview

Walked in, handed them a job application, proceeded to interview on the spot. Was asked basic behavioral questions and some scenarios. Talked about outdoor activities/how much I participated in each.

Bike Builder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sun & Ski Sports (Houston, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I was hired in person by an extremely knowledgeable shop manager. He was later reprimanded for hiring me without going through the proper channels. I had to argue with upper MGMT outside the store to keep the job. He needed someone with skills to assemble bikes and help keep up with repairs. Home office was upset that he left them out of the decision. I started working the next day, but it was 6 weeks before I knew I could keep working.

Interview Questions

• Can you take this bike out of the box and build it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the job because I had skills. It was a part time job and I was not worried about negotiating for more money in the beginning. After 3+ years raises come very slowly.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sun & Ski Sports (Houston, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

I got a phone call and then went in for a 1 on 1 interview.

Negotiation

they don't budge much.