SunAmerica Financial Group

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Service Center Associate Interview

Service Center Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group.

Interview Details – emailed my resume and application. Received a call from human resources. Answered questions for about 15 minutes. Then scheduled an interview. Had my interview with two interviewers. One of them appeared very disinterested and cold and i thought I had bombed the interview. I learned this is his style of interviewing and everyone feels that way. I was called back in and had two sets of interviews with my future manager and VP. Those interviews went well and they just want to see that you interact well with people and will not be difficult to deal with.

Interview Question – Give multiple examplse in which I use critical thinking abilities   Answer Question

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – poorly organized, manager was late, manager was vague on compensation, could not explain fully how advisor was paid for new business, was not allowed to talk to current advisors. valic is having major issues paying annuity contracts with fixed contracts guaranteed. valic no longer pays advisors on fixed income business

Interview Question – tell me how you handle irate client   View Answer

Reason for Declining – compensation has NO base salary. shakey details on how advisors get paid, sounds like brokerage buisness is non-existent, forced to sell annuity

Cash Disbursements Interview

Cash Disbursements
Woodland Hills, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was a fairly easy interview. Nothing tricky, pretty easy.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – You meet with the financial advisers that are looking for a sales assistant. They want to get to know you, so they ask you some behavioral questions and maybe one or two technical questions. Also, they will also try to get to know you and understand you, so they could ask you a few interest questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tell them your credentials that will directly relate to the position. If the financial advisers feel its "adequate", its possible they could pay you a few bucks more.

Assistant Vice President Finance Interview

Assistant Vice President Finance
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen by hiring manager. Flown down a week later to meet with Manager, his supervisor and HR. Spent one afternoon.

Interview Question – Describe how prior experience relates to the position interview for.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in January 2009.

Interview Details – Phone call to set up phone interview with human resources. After the phone interview, it took about a week to interview with the hiring manager. After the hiring manager it took about a week to get the offer. This was a typical sales interview - tell me about your last job, your sales experience, why do you want to work here, etc. The work environment is business casual, and it is a laid back environment for a sales position.

Interview Question – Tell me about your last position.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Base salary was lower than competing offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ months - interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in October 2008.

Interview Details – Don't expect it to be immediate. They have to make sure that you are desperate and willing to sell your soul before consideration. You would have an easier time in a sweat shop in Cambodia before wanting to work there.

Interview Questions

• If you had a choice between you having a life and reputation versus working for us, which would you choose?   View Answer
  • If Bruce Abrams, CEO, decides that he likes your house, car, family, husband/wife, dog, better than what he has, are you willing to give it up to come and work here?   View Answer

Oxford, MS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in December 2009.

Interview Details – Wa contacted by recruiter from a resume I posted on Monster. The initial interview was over the phone with this recruiter. We just basically covered my resume and background. The next interview was also over the phone with another member of the talent acquisition team. More in depth this time but still basic interview questions. Third interview was an initial meet and greet with the District Manager of the Territory I would be working in. Formal, but relaxed, more informational about the job, the territory, job expectations, etc. The final interview I had to bring a proposed business plan of how I would work the territory, bring in business, answer ind epth interview questions, also by this time all background tests had been passed.

Interview Question – Can't remember specific questions. Most were basic.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation on pay, standard package, great health benefits. Can negotiate on the size of the territory. Make sure you get as many active flowing accounts as possible with as many assets under management as possible and not get just the crap the other advisors want to pawn off on you.

Very Easy Interview

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

Financial Advisor Assistant
Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – Had in person interview. Very relaxed. Asked bizarre personal questions so overall it was uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – because it was for 30k only.

Director Interview

Director
Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at SunAmerica Financial Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – Position was for ALICO... the international group of AIG. This was a very lengthy interview process that took almost 5 months from the point of my applying. I applied in November and received the first 30 minute screening call in February from the Sr. Recruiter. After the phone interview I had to do a telephonic interview with the the VP of Operations for an hour. 2 weeks later I received a call to come in for a face to face interview with members of the leadership team. This was a full day consisting of 9 interviews with individuals from the SVP of Operations, the VP of each department and a few directors the position will partner with. As well as have lunch and 2 meetings with the VP the position will report to. A week later I was asked to come back to interview again withteh SVP of Operations for an hour and interview with the VP of Operations again (for the 4th time) and review a business case scenario and complete my business plan and recommendations in 20 minutes and present it to him (VP).

Interview Question – The business case listed multiple countries with various operational departments, staffing, technological tools and processes and you need to be able to assess these quickly and determine what you would recommend to streamline these ...if streamlining is the direction you feel you should go.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fairly straight forward and not too difficult. It was with negotiated through the Sr Recruiter who would work with the VP to validate additional benefits and salary. I would advise someone negotiating to look at the PTO benefits and sign-on bonus as a potential lever to move, the annual bonus structure is limited and unclear, but they have options with PTO and Sign-on bonuses.

Worked for SunAmerica Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!