SunGard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Support Interview

Applications Support
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at SunGard in November 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for the role of Application Support Analyst at a listed derivatives technology division and was emailed by the in-house recruiter, who clarified the salary range on offer. After replying that I was happy to proceed with the application, it all went silent.

After one month or thereabouts, I got a phone call from the recruiter, explaining that the position had been put on hold for a while but was now re-opened. He arranged for me to be interviewed by the Operations Director and I thought the interview went very well. At the end of the interview, the Director mentioned that it might be a while before I hear from them due to the number of applicants.

After waiting for over two months, I emailed the recruiter and also left him a voicemail to find out whether I was still being considered for the next round or not but was never contacted back. A few weeks later, the status of my online application was changed from 'considering' to 'withdrawn' and I also noticed the position was being re-advertised.

The experience was completely unprofessional and discorteous and certainly reflects poorly on the firm's culture.

Interview Question – What do you understand by business management?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at SunGard

Worked for SunGard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SunGard Applications Support interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by SunGard employees and interview candidates.